Wired Controller?

#1CowboyBebopCrewPosted 3/10/2014 3:46:46 PM
I'm a huge fan of having wired controllers. Anyone else wish there was a wired option (outside of using the play & charge cable)?
---
Xbox Live GT: CowboyBebopCrew ; PSN: CowboyBebopCrew
#2quincy2000aPosted 3/10/2014 3:56:45 PM
CowboyBebopCrew posted...
I'm a huge fan of having wired controllers. Anyone else wish there was a wired option (outside of using the play & charge cable)?

I prefer wired also.

I just connected an 8ft USB extension to the charge cable. I'm good to go.
#3jbeeson69Posted 3/10/2014 4:19:40 PM
I thought prior to the XBONE release, they said you could connect your controller with a USB cord and it would work as a wired controller instead of Bluetooth? Anyone know if that is correct?
---
XBOX Gamertag - Beeson
#4krystylaPosted 3/10/2014 4:23:33 PM
jbeeson69 posted...
I thought prior to the XBONE release, they said you could connect your controller with a USB cord and it would work as a wired controller instead of Bluetooth? Anyone know if that is correct?

It is
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#5kingbahamut83Posted 3/10/2014 4:33:15 PM
jbeeson69 posted...

There is no bluetooth on xbox. Why people keep saying this is weird.

taken from an article about the controller:
The internal wireless protocol that allows the controller to communicate with the console has been overhauled from the 360 era, replacing a 1.6 megabit per second connection of the old one with a modified WiFi protocol for the new one that enables 20 times the bandwidth

The new proprietary protocol—to be clear, it's not WiFi nor Bluetooth, which Alam said was too slow for their needs—should reduce controller-to-console latency by 20% compared to the old 360 connection.

So stop calling it something its not.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#6jbeeson69Posted 3/10/2014 5:05:15 PM
My mistake. I thought it was BT. Thanks for the education.
---
XBOX Gamertag - Beeson
#7jbeeson69Posted 3/10/2014 5:10:18 PM
BTW here is what I was talking about since kingbahamut83 got sidetracked with my BT mistake.

"The Xbox One Wireless Controller is designed to act like a wired controller when it's connected to the Xbox One console using a USB-to-micro-USB cable."

Sounds like you can use it as a wired controller using a USB cable, if you really wanted a wired controller.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-wont-power-on
---
XBOX Gamertag - Beeson
#8Special-EddPosted 3/10/2014 5:15:48 PM
Yep, any usb to micro usb cable would make it function as a wired controller.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#9Enigma149Posted 3/10/2014 5:24:32 PM
Special-Edd posted...
Yep, any usb to micro usb cable would make it function as a wired controller.

I know it's probably a stupid thing to complain about with USB-Micro USB cables being so common, but would it have killed Microsoft to include one with the controllers?

The same goes for Sony - even more, really, since their controllers need one to charge (though at least they included one with the console itself).
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0