TitanFall currently the best seller #1 in the video games category @ Amazon

#61DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/12/2014 7:50:03 AM
Kcrack posted...
Ryse (AKA the "best looking game on consoles ever") - 60 metacritic (similar scores to Knack)

Yes it was rated highly due to graphics. Ryse was technically impressive but it didn't have the art or money to back it up. Uncharted was far more technically impressive at the time than Ryse was. The fact that Ryse looks much better and gets rated lower just shows that games like uncharted lose their value as soon as better looking games come along.

Uncharted boasted 60k animations, varied environments, huge setpieces and so on. Ryse was an extremely bland looking game and looked good only for a launch game.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#62Joey-ZazaPosted 3/12/2014 7:56:47 AM(edited)
stretch126 posted...
.......well then........I was expecting some "Congrats for Titanfall" and things along the lines of that. Nope.....silly me.

Every single post in this topic is pretty much off topic posting. This has nothing to do with the PS4, this has nothing to do with the Wii U. This is about Titanfall and that's pretty much it. You can say you're not a fanboy all you want, but this topic shows a lot of true colors and it's quite sad. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Have fun with your pointless argument.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#63kcypher2000Posted 3/12/2014 7:58:22 AM
Kcrack posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
What does any of what you said have to do with what I said? Uncharted is still a bad game. The gameplay itself is amazingly stale. It was pretty at the time. But graphics age a lot quicker than good gameplay.

Uncharted 2 - 96 metacritic (higher than any Xbone/360 exclusive, also GOTY)
Ryse (AKA the "best looking game on consoles ever") - 60 metacritic (similar scores to Knack)

Yeah, Uncharted was rated highly due to graphics. lmao

Journey was GOTY too and considering some sites had scandals proving that Sony was applying pressure for good scores its safe to say reviews dont matter. Whys really sad is that even though Ryse scored bad it still did better then knack while the ps4 has nothing else.

Oh wait it has that joke Kz.
#64kcypher2000Posted 3/12/2014 8:02:12 AM
Enclave posted...
SaQu1B posted...
Ps4 is a joke when it comes to the actual games.

You know, I hate doing this sort of thing but when I see people like you? Kinda have to.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4?view=condensed&sort=desc

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/xboxone?view=condensed&sort=desc

This is the sort of thing your average person is going to be looking at. Now, count that up. PS4 has 43 games vs the Xbones 34. Additionally the PS4 has more higher rated games than the Xbone.

Now, personally I don't put much stock in reviews, I often disagree with them. That said though your average person puts quite a lot of stock in stuff like metacritic scores and it's your average person who matters when it comes to console and game sales. So yeah, your average person will get the impression that not only does the PS4 have more games than the Xbone but also higher rated games. Kinda goes against the "PS4 has no games" line some people like to spew out.

Wait so then why didnt people count the 3000 indie and like 1000 xbox arcade games? Oh you guys and your 180s.

So no your list is not valid becsuse only exclusives counted before so only exclusives count now and the ps4 has no games.
#65RybalPosted 3/12/2014 8:22:53 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
I love when people who cannot properly spell, punctuate, capitalize words, and write grammatically correct sentences argue superiority on the Internet over their console of choice.

There doesn't need to be a comma before "and", there does need to be one after "sentences".

You're welcome.

That comma before the "and" is called the Oxford Comma and, while not strictly necessary, is recommended for the sake of clarity.

Additionally, there is no need for a comma after "sentences" in that statement. Adding a comma there breaks the flow.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#66CheeseCurlsPosted 3/12/2014 8:41:24 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Enclave posted...
SaQu1B posted...

You know, I hate doing this sort of thing but when I see people like you? Kinda have to.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4?view=condensed&sort=desc

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/xboxone?view=condensed&sort=desc

This is the sort of thing your average person is going to be looking at. Now, count that up. PS4 has 43 games vs the Xbones 34. Additionally the PS4 has more higher rated games than the Xbone.

Now, personally I don't put much stock in reviews, I often disagree with them. That said though your average person puts quite a lot of stock in stuff like metacritic scores and it's your average person who matters when it comes to console and game sales. So yeah, your average person will get the impression that not only does the PS4 have more games than the Xbone but also higher rated games. Kinda goes against the "PS4 has no games" line some people like to spew out.

Wait so then why didnt people count the 3000 indie and like 1000 xbox arcade games? Oh you guys and your 180s.

So no your list is not valid becsuse only exclusives counted before so only exclusives count now and the ps4 has no games.

but neither does the one, which has Ryse, Dead Rising, Forza, and Killer instinct and thats it

its not like titanfall is exclusive
---
"In our culture, the phenomena known as emotion is considered a mental disorder."
#67Dr_KainPosted 3/12/2014 8:46:50 AM
What does any of what you said have to do with what I said? Uncharted is still a bad game. The gameplay itself is amazingly stale. It was pretty at the time. But graphics age a lot quicker than good gameplay.

I agree that Uncharted 3 showed no growth in gameplay compared to 2, but I disagree with you on the series as a whole. Amy Hennig did to Uncharted what she did with Legacy of Kain in the previous generation. Create one of the best series and stories of the generation. Uncharted 2 is the second best exclusive of last gen and in the top 10 best games of that era too.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#68SoulTrapperPosted 3/12/2014 3:22:09 PM
Rybal posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
I love when people who cannot properly spell, punctuate, capitalize words, and write grammatically correct sentences argue superiority on the Internet over their console of choice.

There doesn't need to be a comma before "and", there does need to be one after "sentences".

You're welcome.

That comma before the "and" is called the Oxford Comma and, while not strictly necessary, is recommended for the sake of clarity.

Additionally, there is no need for a comma after "sentences" in that statement. Adding a comma there breaks the flow.

I disagree, try reading the sentence out loud without a pause in the final part of the sentence (optional Oxford comma) and it's quite obvious why there needs to be a comma there.
#69EnclavePosted 3/12/2014 3:27:30 PM(edited)
I'm pretty sure you are both wrong. The only thing the average person cares about is hype and Titanfall has it. Infamous has never sold more copies than Titanfall already has pre-orders.

You can list a bunch of crap and remakes but thats not going to get people excited.

Sad to say but the average person does indeed care about metacritic. Why do you think publishers care so much about metacritic scores? I'm not saying I agree with it, but it is how it is.

kcypher2000 posted...
Enclave posted...
SaQu1B posted...

Good job ignoring my reasoning and opinion in further posts. Course, you did that just because it kinda ruins the point you're trying to make.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#70Sin_Angelus_Posted 3/13/2014 8:46:05 PM
Dr_Kain posted...
Uh what? Metacritic does not mean quality. The Uncharted series alone is better than every Halo and Gears of War game.

Plus, I'm going on my personal experience.

Sony:

Resistance
Killzone
Uncharted
God of War
Ratchet & Clank
The Last of Us
Twisted Metal
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
Gran Turismo

Microsoft:

Halo
Gears of War
Forza
Kinectimals

Unfortunately, personal opinion doesn't count for much in fact based arguments, which is further highlighted by your list missing quite a few MS franchises there. It's fine if that's your opinion, but it doesn't mean it's factual. And metacritic is probably the most accurate way we have of rating games, so yes it does reflect quality.