Single player, Story Gamers. What is your opinion on Titanfall

#1im_a_legendPosted 3/10/2014 4:20:37 PM
Just want to get the opinions of those who prefer the single player, story driven games. Does it interest you at all?
---
What Im about to do is as dangerous as inviting your mum round for an evening on chatroulette
#2ChargrilledPosted 3/10/2014 4:23:58 PM
Not really, but it does look fun.
But fun alone wont hold my attention long enough to justify the price.
I need story, exploration, discovery.
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#3Rizzman111Posted 3/10/2014 4:24:39 PM
Chargrilled posted...
Not really, but it does look fun.
But fun alone wont hold my attention long enough to justify the price.
I need story, exploration, discovery.

---
Would You Kindly?
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 3/10/2014 4:25:21 PM
Zero interest, and I hope it fails. Normally I'd be all "different strokes" or whatever, but MS is clearly viewing this one title as a litmus for games-as-service, always online, MP-above-all as the main philosophy for Xbone. That isn't a future I want.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#5Galeforce99Posted 3/10/2014 4:28:08 PM(edited)
I'd be willing to give it a shot, sure. Reminds me of Bioshock 2 multiplayer, which was one of the few rare I managed to get into.
---
Opinion=Fact
#6SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/10/2014 4:28:09 PM
I have about 70 - 80 single player games in my backlog. Don't need many more single player games. I don't really play many First Person Shooter' s single player anyway . Titan fall is a multiplayer game that I welcome .
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Killer Instinct, Killzone: SF, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#7TrickyPonyPosted 3/10/2014 4:28:56 PM
I feel this way too but I'm risking it. Most of my friends are buying the game and I think it looks like a lot of fun, I just hope I don't get steamrolled everytime I try to play online
#8motoraptorPosted 3/10/2014 4:29:15 PM
Guild Wars, MMO = 3,000 hours for me (Guild Wars 2, not nearly as fun but 100 hours)
Batman: Arkham City, single-player only = 12 hours for me

So I find it funny when people think Titanfall should be cheaper for being multiplayer-only, when in reality the $/hour is way less than that of a single-player game. Then there's the usual excuse of repetitiveness, which also makes no sense to me because AI will always come at you the same way.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#9desert_santaPosted 3/10/2014 4:30:24 PM
Think I'll wait for Destiny instead. And Mario kart.
#10NeoMonkPosted 3/10/2014 4:30:33 PM
If SP in relegated to a Picture In Picture box on the corner of the screen for future games I want no part of it.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator