Single player, Story Gamers. What is your opinion on Titanfall

#11werkz_destroyzPosted 3/10/2014 4:31:09 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Zero interest, and I hope it fails. Normally I'd be all "different strokes" or whatever, but MS is clearly viewing this one title as a litmus for games-as-service, always online, MP-above-all as the main philosophy for Xbone. That isn't a future I want.

scoobydoobydont posted...
Zero interest, and I hope it fails. Normally I'd be all "different strokes" or whatever, but MS is clearly viewing this one title as a litmus for games-as-service, always online, MP-above-all as the main philosophy for Xbone. That isn't a future I want.

Its too late for it to fail...it sold enough copies...plus its going to sell more digitally also...tons of people on my friends list are getting digital copies
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#12scoobydoobydontPosted 3/10/2014 5:04:31 PM
werkz_destroyz posted...
Its too late for it to fail...

Yeah, I know it's almost definitely going to be a blockbuster. Pre-orders are supposedly great. *le sigh*
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#13xacebopPosted 3/10/2014 5:09:52 PM
Read reviews about beating the game and not being able to tell you what the story is about. The game would have to be in the high 90s for me to even consider a $60 multiplayer game that is like cod. Most of my time on cod games was spent on the coop modes. Same with gears.
#14Duke_of_NukePosted 3/10/2014 5:14:40 PM
It's never too late and especially since we're talking about an EA game. Just depends on how well it does at launch. If a servers are a total mess and they take over 4 months and counting (looking at you Battlefield 4) then that may put this series in the ground before it has a chance to grow (looking at you Home front). EA is not really the best company to handle a new IP. They have a shoddy track record to say the least.
---
Life's a joke and you are the punchline.
#15Foreman22Posted 3/10/2014 5:18:39 PM
No single player. No buy. But I hope the game does well. I will get my single player fix from Destiny and Dragon Age 3.
#16hectic3Posted 3/10/2014 5:21:32 PM
I'm picking up TF tomorrow but I like all kinds of games. You miss out when you limit yourself to certain genres. I prefer sp games like Elder Scrolls, ME, and Fallout but hack and slash, online shooters, point and click adventures are all just as much fun. I mean I just finished Walking Dead ep.2 then popped in ES4 oblivion, took a break played Ninja blade, then jumped online in Shoot many robots. I just want to have fun.
#17steven3556Posted 3/10/2014 5:22:50 PM
I prefer SP games but i'm getting Titanfall to play with my friends and have some fun. One MP game can't hurt and this game looks sick.
#18GrimMTrixXPosted 3/10/2014 5:35:21 PM
I am into single, story, mp, whatever. With that said, the titanfall beta bored me to tears. I didnt enjoy being in the mech and much preffered being just the pilot. But even as the pilot i was bored. I dunno why. Just isn't a game for me. I do see why people enjoy it.I think im just bored of FPS MP games that arent Halo. And even then i barely played Halo 4 or halo reach (played the hell out of halo 2 and 3 back in the day. Even did tons of Halo CE and Halo 2 LAN parties with 12-16 people. 4 tvs, 4 xboxes, 4 copies of halo CE. It was great).

But after COD mw2 and blops 1 and 2, i am just bored of them. That and i am not into mechs so i could care less if theyre in. It also sucks that bots are in this game. I kept thinking i was getting quad kills on people but after about 2 matches i noticed they were bots... dumb. Sneaky way to make 6v6 seem like a lot of players. Imean if eveyone is in pilot form itd be like 12v12 cuz the auto mechs. I dunno, i just didnt enjoy it for whatever reason.
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8886-3851 (Bravely Default currently)
#19chex81Posted 3/10/2014 5:36:04 PM
I'm primarily a single player gamer and I'm getting titanfall because it looks awesome
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#20assassin10133Posted 3/10/2014 6:17:01 PM
Im primarily a sp gamer, only game I played a lot of multiplayer on was bad company 2, bf4 and blops 2. Having said that I played the beta and it sold me on the game. Bf4 is my more tactical mp game, titanfall will be my run and gun