Single player, Story Gamers. What is your opinion on Titanfall

#21aszsithPosted 3/10/2014 7:30:38 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Zero interest, and I hope it fails. Normally I'd be all "different strokes" or whatever, but MS is clearly viewing this one title as a litmus for games-as-service, always online, MP-above-all as the main philosophy for Xbone. That isn't a future I want.

I don't hope it fails per se, but I agree with your assessment.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#22Maverick_ReznorPosted 3/10/2014 7:32:01 PM
As a guy who spent 145 hours playing Bravely Default I am extremely excited for Titanfall
---
Currently Playing : Bravely Default, DKC:TF and Darks Souls
Looking Forward To: Destiny, MK8, I:SS, ESO,and The Order 1886
#23favcitadelstorePosted 3/10/2014 7:35:53 PM
I didn't like how the titan's feel. They didn't make me feel like I was in a robot, more like I just stood at a higher height, there wasn't much of a heaviness to it. From the beta anyhow
---
Must read Xbone board topics:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66754864 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#24TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/10/2014 7:41:46 PM
I'm generally opposed to "online only" products, on the basis that their sustained playability is completely dependent on their success. I'm making an exception for Titanfall on the grounds that it's awesome and will obviously have a large amount of players. As far as the story goes, I don't play these sorts of games for that. Competitive MP doesn't have to have it for me to enjoy myself. The fact that it's here is great though.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#25UtterMoonPosted 3/10/2014 7:43:36 PM
Hmmm...well if there was a single player mode...I would probably feel the same way about the game. It just doesn't appeal to me all that much...I am sure plenty of people will enjoy Titanfall immensely, but it just isn't my type of game...although...online only certainly didn't help, and the "campaign" has been heralded as utter crap.
#26ethanpaigePosted 3/10/2014 7:43:45 PM
It's fun, I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'm also getting Dark Souls 2 though, which will eat up a lot more of my time, but Titanfall is definitely worth a buy. I don't think it's as good as alot of people say it is... but I'm not much of an FPS guy, I just play then with my friends and have a good time.
---
Boston Red Sox - 2013 World Series Champions
psn: bosox327....XBL: E7H4N 360....3DS: 1848-1666-8730
#271nternationa7Posted 3/10/2014 7:54:15 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Zero interest, and I hope it fails. Normally I'd be all "different strokes" or whatever, but MS is clearly viewing this one title as a litmus for games-as-service, always online, MP-above-all as the main philosophy for Xbone. That isn't a future I want.

This
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#28teehee23Posted 3/10/2014 7:57:21 PM(edited)
We don't discriminate and are open to fresh and exciting experiences.
There are a bizzalion single player only games but we don't believe its healthy to limit ourselves to just-that and we don't have a 7:30 bedtime so we are free to play whenever we desire.

It's nice.
---
We believe Jack Tretton quit working at Sony to play more Titanfall on Xbox #1.
#29stargazer1981Posted 3/10/2014 8:33:46 PM
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
It's never too late and especially since we're talking about an EA game. Just depends on how well it does at launch. If a servers are a total mess and they take over 4 months and counting (looking at you Battlefield 4) then that may put this series in the ground before it has a chance to grow (looking at you Home front). EA is not really the best company to handle a new IP. They have a shoddy track record to say the least.

Dead Space and Mirror's Edge did alright. But by and large, you're right.

Hell, I even liked Syndicate. But I'm a sucker for anything with a cyberpunk aesthetic.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#30welder7Posted 3/10/2014 8:37:40 PM
FPS multiplayer games are a dime a dozen. Titanfall is basically Halo with big guys.

My opinion? Yaaaaawwwwwnnnn.