Single player, Story Gamers. What is your opinion on Titanfall

#41triple sPosted 3/11/2014 10:18:21 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Zero interest, and I hope it fails. Normally I'd be all "different strokes" or whatever, but MS is clearly viewing this one title as a litmus for games-as-service, always online, MP-above-all as the main philosophy for Xbone. That isn't a future I want.

Just don't play the damn thing...God forbid there's games out there that are multiplayer only that you aren't forced to buy!
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#42md22mdrxPosted 3/11/2014 10:18:51 AM
Zero, nada, zilch.

Generic pew pew dudebro shooter.

Nothing to see here ...
#43Jiggy101011Posted 3/11/2014 11:07:23 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Who plays an fps outside of maybe halo for single player?

Millions upon millions of people buy CoD and never, ever touch multiplayer. A better question is how many times will someone ask this question even though it's known (and common sense)? Activision still spends millions on SP... do you think they don't track this stuff, genius? Do you think it's a coincidence that EA spends more on SP with each Battlefield?

Do you have anything that backs up your claim that millions and millions of people buy COD and never touch the MP? I am interested to read these statistics you have read.

Thanks in advance.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#44RybalPosted 3/11/2014 11:49:56 AM
I'm almost exclusively a Single Player gamer. Titanfall does not really interest me because of that fact.

However, I have absolutely no problem with it being multiplayer only. MP is the bread and butter of this genre. If people are having fun with it, I see no reason to mindlessly bash it simply because I am of a different opinion.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#45kidwgmPosted 3/11/2014 12:03:49 PM
Zero interest, and I hope it fails. Normally I'd be all "different strokes" or whatever, but MS is clearly viewing this one title as a litmus for games-as-service, always online, MP-above-all as the main philosophy for Xbone. That isn't a future I want.

Thank goodness no one is pointing a gun to your head to force you to buy it, play it or have fun with it.

TC. I love games. I love SP campaign games just about the same as my online FPS or MMO's. I don't have any negative remarks about the lack of SP in Titanfall. I have played COD since cod 3 and love the SP campaigns. But I think starting with MW3 I stop playing them all together and just jumped right in to MP. The SP campaign for FPS are just done for me. They are boring and have no interest in them. For those that still like them that sucks that TF doesn't have that component for you but there are plenty of games out there that do.
---
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4 and PvZ. Coming Soon: Titanfall.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#46axelfooley2k5Posted 3/11/2014 12:12:11 PM
i like some multiplayer

but its crazy that a game that is multiplayer only has a season pass to begin with
and the collectors edition that is 250$ and doesnt have a season pass

i think multiplayer only titles should be full of content out of the gate and should be supported for those who spent $60

its the whole system not just them
---
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI
#47Jiggy101011Posted 3/11/2014 2:19:56 PM
I axelfooley2k5 posted...
i like some multiplayer

but its crazy that a game that is multiplayer only has a season pass to begin with
and the collectors edition that is 250$ and doesnt have a season pass

i think multiplayer only titles should be full of content out of the gate and should be supported for those who spent $60

its the whole system not just them

The same argument could be made on SP only games having season passes, for example Bioshock Infinite.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#48GrimMTrixXPosted 3/11/2014 3:39:32 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Who plays an fps outside of maybe halo for single player?

Millions upon millions of people buy CoD and never, ever touch multiplayer. A better question is how many times will someone ask this question even though it's known (and common sense)? Activision still spends millions on SP... do you think they don't track this stuff, genius? Do you think it's a coincidence that EA spends more on SP with each Battlefield?

I only played blops 1 and 2 mp. Never touched their single player. Mw3 was boring on all counts. I played maybe 2 sp missions hen played mp for maybe 2 weeks and never played again. Mw2 and mw i did play the single player but only cuz mw3 was coming out so i wanted to beat mw and mw2 to get prestige tokens... which o only used 1 before never playing mw3 again.

I still love halo but halo mp is boring. Barely played halo 4 and i sucked at reach. I was only good at halo 2 and halo 3. But that was because back then i had more time for gaming and played more, thus getting better. A friend of mine works for 343 Industries whih is cool cuz he has his name in the halo 4 credits. He created about 6 of the spartan ops alone and also worked on other stuff for the game. Now hes working on the next halo but cant tell me about it which sucks. He wants to tell me but confidentiality and stuff ruins that. Oh well i can wait cuz i love the Halo universe.
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8886-3851 (Bravely Default currently)