Zoo Tycoon is surprisingly great

#1RockguyKevPosted 3/10/2014 5:31:27 PM
When I saw Zoo Tycoon was coming the day before TF I figured I'd load it up, play for 10 mins to get a cheevo then pack it up and ship it back. Two hours later I finally stopped playing. The game is really, really good. I've always been a fan of management sims and the pacing on this one just seems to be right about perfect.

I know it's a Walmart/digital only title but it is well worth playing.

Also, saying beep beep and having the buggy's horn blow is pointlessly hilarious.
#2BTM4444Posted 3/10/2014 6:48:54 PM
Yea I tried the demo. I liked it but don't want to spend $60 on it.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#3Sza11Posted 3/10/2014 6:53:11 PM
It is fun for awhile. After playing 2 or 3 times with my wife we hit the zoo capacity. Maybe get to fill 1/6 of the map before you have to start selling things to build anymore.

Only real downfall.
#4Neutron15Posted 3/10/2014 7:03:31 PM
I also like it but if only there are things that should be added or improved
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#5GeistPosted 3/10/2014 7:04:40 PM
How is the customization, as in placement options, decorations, and what not?
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#6RockguyKev(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 6:53:57 AM
You can place stuff anywhere and in any orientation. Decoration is a bit limited it seems. You have various environmental zoned themed decorations for things like trashcans, benches, etc. You can't do custom colors from what i've seen.

Beyond that though there's tons of decoration options from fountains, to plazas to topiary animals. I did hit the pacing wall after a few hours now. I'm at the point where I have to wait for money to build up before I can buy new things. That's fine since I now have a ton of animals to feed/clean up after but it doesn't have the same quick pacing as the first couple hours.
#7suicide machinePosted 3/11/2014 6:56:57 AM
I thought zoo tycoon was a day one release
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! : http://m-slender.tumblr.com/
Xbox One clips: https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#8NionelPosted 3/11/2014 7:08:16 AM
I tried and like the demo, I may pick it up soon because I saw it had already dropped to $40 at Walmart, which is a little more reasonable for this type of game.
---
360/XB1 GT: Elysiun / PSN ID: Sabaku_Hoshi / Steam: Nionel
#9UtterMoonPosted 3/11/2014 7:13:39 AM
That game isn't a Tycoon game...it may start off well, but it takes a turn for the worse. The management isn't difficult, you cannot fail...and instead of dealing with money you are waving at and petting monkeys.

Zoo Tycoon is not worth 60 bucks...unless you have children or something...its just not a good game, but you will figure that out very, very quickly.
#10GoreGamerPosted 3/11/2014 7:17:10 AM
I hate sim games where its too easy.