My GameStop was crazy...good night for MS and Respawn

#1joeymegsPosted 3/11/2014 1:13:20 AM
I went to the midnight release for Titanfall. I don't know if it's any indication of how well the game will sell, but the GameStop I go to sold just about 170 copies at midnight. In addition they also sold out of their X1's with Titanfall bundles which I think was 18-20 systems. I have 5 GameStop's, 2 Target's, and 2 Walmart's all within a 8 mile radius of my house. So I don't know if they will all do that well.
---
GT: Joe Corleone
PSN: JoeyCorleone
#2AconformistPosted 3/11/2014 1:18:36 AM
I went to a Wal Mart that was right next to a Gamestop that had a line around the building. There was one person in front of me at the counter for Titanfall..I was out in less than 5 minutes and as I was driving away, I could still see people waiting outside at the Gamestop.
#3TauriLeaderPosted 3/11/2014 3:01:21 AM
There was no midnight launch at my Gamestop they didn't get the necessary pre-orders. I am surprised in a well to do area.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#4IceteaCrisisPosted 3/16/2014 3:42:51 AM
Aconformist posted...
I went to a Wal Mart that was right next to a Gamestop that had a line around the building. There was one person in front of me at the counter for Titanfall..I was out in less than 5 minutes and as I was driving away, I could still see people waiting outside at the Gamestop.

This happened to me as well. It's a pretty good feeling getting to show up at 11:45 be the second or third in line and be out at 12:05 while the line at GameStop is is down the side walk 4 stores.
---
Game Buying Strategy-http://tinyurl.com/gamebuying
Give us a new Mister Mosquito
#5quickposterPosted 3/16/2014 3:55:49 AM
Xbox fanboys can damage control it but pre-orders are ALWAYS an indication of how well a game will do. Anyone telling themselves otherwise may as well believe the world is flat. Killzone (that series of Sony's that doesn't do so hot) was getting more pre-orders than many Xbox exclusives COMBINED. Titanfall was one of them. Microsoft was hoping having the team of CoD would make them a force to be reckoned with in the US. But guess what, the masses don't know/care who made the game. The pre-orders for Titanfall across the board had a serious lack of interest. Considering how much MS and EA were hyping this up they must be having bad dreams now.

Titanfall is just generic shooter 5 million in the eyes of the masses. It doesn't bother them that these guys made MW. CoD is the FPS brand.
#6Jedi454Posted 3/16/2014 3:57:24 AM
quickposter posted...
Xbox fanboys can damage control it but pre-orders are ALWAYS an indication of how well a game will do. Anyone telling themselves otherwise may as well believe the world is flat. Killzone (that series of Sony's that doesn't do so hot) was getting more pre-orders than many Xbox exclusives COMBINED. Titanfall was one of them. Microsoft was hoping having the team of CoD would make them a force to be reckoned with in the US. But guess what, the masses don't know/care who made the game. The pre-orders for Titanfall across the board had a serious lack of interest. Considering how much MS and EA were hyping this up they must be having bad dreams now.

Titanfall is just generic shooter 5 million in the eyes of the masses. It doesn't bother them that these guys made MW. CoD is the FPS brand.

Not another butthurt Sony Fanboy coming to cry.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#7quickposterPosted 3/16/2014 4:06:54 AM
Jedi454 posted...

The only ones who are "butthurt" are the developers, EA and MS (especially MS). The trump card failed and the console still doesn't have a wish of catching Sony. EA threw it all away by banking on X1 and they have lost money as a result. This will definitely cause a sour taste in their mouths and X1 will pay a steep price for it (software).

I bet MS now latch on to Halo again. Already there are questions being asked if X1 is worth it over PS4. When EA throw their resources behind PS4 and X1 starts seeing terrible ports the question of if X1 is worth it over PS4 will only get bigger.
#8Jedi454Posted 3/16/2014 4:14:14 AM
quickposter posted...
Jedi454 posted...

The only ones who are "butthurt" are the developers, EA and MS (especially MS). The trump card failed and the console still doesn't have a wish of catching Sony. EA threw it all away by banking on X1 and they have lost money as a result. This will definitely cause a sour taste in their mouths and X1 will pay a steep price for it (software).

I bet MS now latch on to Halo again. Already there are questions being asked if X1 is worth it over PS4. When EA throw their resources behind PS4 and X1 starts seeing terrible ports the question of if X1 is worth it over PS4 will only get bigger.

Where are you getting your statistics on sales from?
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#9quickposterPosted 3/16/2014 4:21:22 AM
Jedi454 posted...

The fact that X1 still haunts my local Game stores, HMV stores and supermarkets. It hasn't sold. Otherwise X1 would have sold everywhere and it is in every store I go to. But I guess we are waiting for official figures right?
#10GambitbuzzkillPosted 3/16/2014 4:25:49 AM
Jedi454 posted...
quickposter posted...
Jedi454 posted...

His butt.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66