Why do we have to pay Xbox live for titanfall

#1Shaolin015Posted 3/11/2014 12:32:07 AM
As multiplayer is the only option on this game is it fair we pay for Xbox live. On psn they don't have to pay for psn plus to play black light retribution (an online only fps), elder scrolls online, ffxiv, war frame. All the games that are multiplayer online only are exempt from the pay wall.

Just tell me it's because they can't program a back door to get around the Xbox live pay wall or something. Because this have to pay for gold for all this and Netflix and everything else seems more than greedy
#2SxmfctPosted 3/11/2014 12:34:14 AM
In the world of business the top goal for a company is to make money

If you have any more queries about how a business works don't hesitate to ask away
---
:)
#3Jedi454Posted 3/11/2014 12:41:11 AM
If you buy an Xbox One and not XBL in this day and age, you're doing it wrong. I bet 80% of Ps4 owners at least have PS+ now.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#4Talon684Posted 3/11/2014 12:50:31 AM
Another troll to ignore
---
I was dying of thirst, but now I have been rehydrated by the tears of people like this Cliffy B
#5ImpulseDOMPosted 3/11/2014 1:18:29 AM
Talon684 posted...
Another troll to ignore

TC has raised legitimate concerns with constructive criticism. This is why I will never own an Xbox console again.
---
PSN: Impulsive_Dean
http://a.pomf.se/mc63t.gif |||||||| http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18dmvz1ty8e3bgif/original.gif
#6SnickleseedPosted 3/11/2014 1:51:36 AM
You need Gold to play multiplayer for ANY game. Why the hell would they make an exception for TF?

Entitled brats these days, I tell ya

I will say you raise a good point with putting Netflix and other subscription services behind the gold paywall though, that's just dumb.. but that's another horse that's been beaten into submission already
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#7RawringAirPosted 3/11/2014 2:19:22 AM
ImpulseDOM posted...
Talon684 posted...
Another troll to ignore

TC has raised legitimate concerns with constructive criticism. This is why I will never own an Xbox console again.

this isnt a legitimate concern lol you need xbox live to play online its always been like that and always will be
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#8Evel138Posted 3/11/2014 2:19:28 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
As multiplayer is the only option on this game is it fair we pay for Xbox live. On psn they don't have to pay for psn plus to play black light retribution (an online only fps), elder scrolls online, ffxiv, war frame. All the games that are multiplayer online only are exempt from the pay wall.

Just tell me it's because they can't program a back door to get around the Xbox live pay wall or something. Because this have to pay for gold for all this and Netflix and everything else seems more than greedy

Since you had to make the comparison to PSN+, why do you have to pay to play online at all on PSN now.....it was free last gen?

These aren't charity organizations.....even SONY is in it for the bottom line and you can bet your ass they'd love to get some of that XBL sub money....which they're obviously working on it. Give it time.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#9Shaolin015(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 2:23:37 AM
Sxmfct posted...
In the world of business the top goal for a company is to make money

If you have any more queries about how a business works don't hesitate to ask away

You're clearly being facetious but to attain the goal of making money and improving their systems, staying competitive is necessary. While Xbox live is more reliable as a network, it's hard to look at the value of psn and the rediculous things behind a paywall (Netflix mostly) and say, "wtf Microsoft"
#10krystylaPosted 3/11/2014 2:24:44 AM
Because it says so when purchasing the game and which you agree to when purchasing the game.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB