GuiltySoul2005 posted...
BDJayce posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
BDJayce posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
lmao at these folks who justify being screwed... have a happy life

lmao

"Oh I got screwed again...oh well my fault as usual"

These major corporations are Gods that can do no wrong...

"Getting Screwed"? Nobody forces you to pay for anything.. you can cancel your subscription.. turn off auto-renewal.. not buy games that are online only. I only pay for Xbox Live Gold when I have a game worth playing.

I can understand if Microsoft announced that you had to have Xbox Live Gold it was no longer optional and you'd be forced to have a monthly subscription just to be able to play your Xbox but this isn't what's going on. This is a policy they've had for more than a decade and yet people are now getting grumpy about it.

At least it's not like the original Xbox where you had to pay for Xbox Live to access any kind of online thing.

I think it might have something to do with what the competition are now offering. Ignoring the trolls, there are legitimate complaints to be made about xbox live. for example, why should someone have to pay for netflix, and then pay for gold just to be able to use it on the xb1 when this isnt the case on ps4 or pc or tablets. Surely you can understand that if a better service is being offered elsewhere then this service is going to be compared to it.

"better service" is subjective. I think people would be more upset that the PS4 is starting to take on the same monthly fee policy. As far as the netflix thing. Personally I don't see the point in having a console for netflix. You have a PC and can get better netflix service elsewhere but that might be the only valid complaint i'm hearing regardless.

Thats for just ignoring my point entirely and just arguing against the example I gave...

Please don't cry.
Business is business and extra cheese costs extra and hopefully when you get to high school in a few years you will learn that.

We're luving Titanfall.... Weeeeeee!
---
We believe Jack Tretton quit working at Sony to play more Titanfall on Xbox #1.
#62BDJaycePosted 3/11/2014 11:22:49 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...

Thats for just ignoring my point entirely and just arguing against the example I gave...

Well the only argument that could be made against the Xbox Live service is the inability to gain access to services you already paid for like netflix. I really don't see how the PSN+ is a better service than Xbox Live Gold.

You know what you're getting with Xbox Live Gold. They've never tried to hide the fact that you need it to access certain things. I get your point but I don't agree with it.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#63GuiltySoul2005Posted 3/11/2014 11:46:34 AM
BDJayce posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...

Well the only argument that could be made against the Xbox Live service is the inability to gain access to services you already paid for like netflix. I really don't see how the PSN+ is a better service than Xbox Live Gold.

You know what you're getting with Xbox Live Gold. They've never tried to hide the fact that you need it to access certain things. I get your point but I don't agree with it.

Just because you know what you are getting doesnt mean you cant ask for better. You said "This is a policy they've had for more than a decade and yet people are now getting grumpy about it." and I gave you a very compelling reason why, whether you agree with the line of thought or not, that is why.

You say you only pay for gold when you have a reason to, so when youre not paying for it, you are losing out on features and services that the competition would allow you to still have access to. I would have thought this would matter even more to someone like you.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#64RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/11/2014 11:48:33 AM
ImpulseDOM posted...
Talon684 posted...
Another troll to ignore

TC has raised legitimate concerns with constructive criticism. This is why I will never own an Xbox console again.

We are deeply upset to hear that lol. Yet you are still over here on a XB1 board....
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf
#65BDJaycePosted 3/11/2014 11:52:17 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
BDJayce posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...

Just because you know what you are getting doesnt mean you cant ask for better. You said "This is a policy they've had for more than a decade and yet people are now getting grumpy about it." and I gave you a very compelling reason why, whether you agree with the line of thought or not, that is why.

You say you only pay for gold when you have a reason to, so when youre not paying for it, you are losing out on features and services that the competition would allow you to still have access to. I would have thought this would matter even more to someone like you.

I don't lose out on anything. I have a blu-ray player that is designed for also giving access to netflix and youtube if I desired.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#66TekaduPosted 3/11/2014 11:58:04 AM
It is your own fault for getting a xbox 1. Xbox is pro at milking sheep for all they are worth. So baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah away at that extra cost.
#67regsantotomasPosted 3/11/2014 11:59:36 AM
Didn't this ship sail 10 years ago? Is TC Marty McFly?
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#68Mrgamedev1Posted 3/11/2014 4:06:22 PM
I understand how you feel OP, I just found out last week that XBL is required. Now before the bashing starts keep in mind I'm a teenager with a full time job I work 7 days a week and the time I don't spend at work is spent sleeping, eating , etc. I would have loved to lay back and check up on the latest gaming news (which I love to do) without falling asleep, but I can't . My issue is that now on top of the 60$ I gutted from my pocket for the game I must also shell out another 70$ for the full year membership. I say full year because honestly, who's gunna buy a 3 month membership for this beast of a game? Might as well get it out the way. It's the main reason why I'm a sony baby. Free online gaming on ps3. And yes I know ps4 requires ps+ to play online.
#69lunchbox2042Posted 3/11/2014 4:45:49 PM
Why would you own an Xbox and not pay for Xbox Live Gold? It's required to do pretty much anything other than send a text message or play offline single player games.
#70Mrgamedev1Posted 3/11/2014 5:46:52 PM
For that exact reason they REQUIRE it, PS3 doesn't require anything. Ps4 is a different story. Although I'd still much rather throw my money at sony then Microsoft ... But you deal with the hand your dealt