Titanfall user score on metacritic is 4.9

#31bob15xPosted 3/11/2014 5:22:56 AM
The thing is, the TC knows damn well why the score is low probably because he was one of the trolls who rated it a 0.

then when infamous comes out, the sony fanboys will completely forget the fact that they flocked ot that site giving titanfall a 0 and spend all day on here complaining why the metacritic score for infamous is low because of xbots.
#32RebelGameMasterPosted 3/11/2014 5:23:33 AM
jparis09 posted...
I like jellybeans. What's ur favorite flavor

Jelly Belly's Big Mac Flavor.

Because when it comes to this topic I'm...

Ba da pa pa pa I'm lovin' it!
---
This dispute is an abuse of the dispute form. Any further abuse of the form will result in loss of posting privileges or your account.
#33RazorbladezPosted 3/11/2014 5:24:02 AM
Well, I can't play the game, but I am not going to go out of my way to give it a 0/10. I actually hope it is great and does well, because I want both systems to succeed and have great games.
---
PSN: Razorbladez Xbox Gamertag: Lord Diabolus FFXIV server: Malboro Main character: Razor Bladez
#34_PDZero_Posted 3/11/2014 5:24:14 AM
Top_Bloke posted...
I've played the game an hour 10/10

I can't played the game 0/10

That's how it goes.
#35LapanuiPosted 3/11/2014 5:26:15 AM
SnowxNeverLeft posted...
>Metacritic

Why do people still take that site into account?

Why do people take any review into account? They all are reviewed by different people with different taste in games. If you can find a reviewer that tends to have the same opinion as you and the same taste in games, then by all means, take their review into account, otherwise don't.

The 0's and 10's aren't something you should look at. You can clearly see the 0's are trolls that want the game to crash and burn for no particular reason.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#36GingaritoPosted 3/11/2014 5:26:26 AM
Seems to be a lot of people riding in jellycopters today listening to R Jelly while they eat some Jellybeans.
---
Currently playing - Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3 , Fifa 14 on Xbox One.
Best games played this year: Last of us. Tomb Raider. Worst game:GOW Judgment .
#37sortajanPosted 3/11/2014 5:33:12 AM(edited)
iirc a similar thing happened with portal 2. a bunch of tools just bombed it on metacritic for kicks and it took a good while for the score to go up.

that said i've not played titanfall (hell, i haven't even seen any videos), but the behavior exhibited by most of its detractors is suspiciously similar to hipster behavior. 99% of the time i don't put much stock in the opinions of people who say that anything is completely bad, because i can count the number of completely bad games i've played on one hand, and i've played thousands of games over the past 25 years.

it's also worth nothing that people who think little of review sites are naive, which is funny because they think people who trust review sites are naive. but if you look at a single number and then make your decision based on that, you're not using review sites correctly.
---
"Glory... to the Many... I am a voice in their choir."
#38RE4_StrangerPosted 3/11/2014 5:37:21 AM(edited)
Most of it is haters bombing the score with unfair zeroes and ones. But to also be fair there is a lot of positive bombing by fanboys of perfect scores with such comments as "perfect game" or "best game ever" or "insert Playstation franchise is all hype and worse then Titan fall" and "all new level of verticality in shooters" (like tribes and UT and even Quake to an extent never existed).

It happens with most major releases.

Game looks like a solid 7.5

+ shooting mechanics are solid
+ good amount of maps on release
+ parkour works very well

- campaign is a total joke
- lack of game modes
- lack of weapons and abilities

Graphics do not factor in to a game being good or bad unless they are absolutely atrocious and Titanfall may not look next gen, but it is far from looking atrocious.
---
Feel free to add me if we play something in common
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Fus Ro Dah Eh
#39mike468Posted 3/11/2014 5:35:11 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Like this fine, upstanding citizen's review -

"Oh yeah, Titanfall the game that is exclusive to Xbox consoles, of course it sucks.
I haven't played but must suck, right? Why is not available for PS4? Because Microsoft bought it and those people canít play clean,"

Gave it a 6 - admits he hasn't even played it, admits he's a Sony fanboy. SO, that's why it's a 4.9 in user reviews.

As expected. I think the stiller reviews have galvanized the ponies into trashing it more.

I would advocate pulling the same thing for Infamous: SS, but that game won't even get reviews close to TitanFall, so it's not even worth it.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#40DarthUchiha91Posted 3/11/2014 5:45:08 AM
jparis09 posted...
I like jellybeans. What's ur favorite flavor

Salty flavored.
---
Proof that M$ is slowly bringing back DRM for the XBone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfNarCjSHM