Titanfall user score on metacritic is 4.9

#81nableetPosted 3/11/2014 7:42:38 AM
Carpetfluff posted...
Executioner232 posted...
This is why I never trust metacrtic with exclusives, it just gets bashed by fanboys of the other console.

To be fair the fanboys are just as bad at both ends of the spectrum; just spamming the 10 score to even out the 0's is no less childish. I had a read through some of the user reviews and the ones with middling or low scores actually seem to be written in more detail than most of the 10 (ZOMG Iz AMAAAAZING) reviews. A lot of the middling scores are also attributed to folks claiming they're on PC. It's clearly a good, fun game but neither ground-breaking enough to get 10's or generic enough to be getting 5's and under.

Sadly, they are blind to the crazy amount of ridiculous reviews that give the game a 10. Clearly those giving a game a 10 in the first hours of its life are being totally objective and are above reproach. Whereas those giving ones are unreasonable.

I stick by it being too early for any player reviews, even the well reasoned middling reviews. Not enough time to let everything sink in.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#82TheSmegPosted 3/11/2014 8:07:06 AM
It's like this, anyone who gives a game like this 10/10 clearly don't have a clue about gaming. Anyone who gives a game like this less than 5/10 are clearly trolling. Why is that so hard to figure out.

A game like this should settle in at 7-9 outta 10. Depending on what you are looking for.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/IronFistGames
#83Evel138Posted 3/11/2014 8:08:15 AM
nableet posted...
Carpetfluff posted...
Executioner232 posted...
This is why I never trust metacrtic with exclusives, it just gets bashed by fanboys of the other console.

To be fair the fanboys are just as bad at both ends of the spectrum; just spamming the 10 score to even out the 0's is no less childish. I had a read through some of the user reviews and the ones with middling or low scores actually seem to be written in more detail than most of the 10 (ZOMG Iz AMAAAAZING) reviews. A lot of the middling scores are also attributed to folks claiming they're on PC. It's clearly a good, fun game but neither ground-breaking enough to get 10's or generic enough to be getting 5's and under.

Sadly, they are blind to the crazy amount of ridiculous reviews that give the game a 10. Clearly those giving a game a 10 in the first hours of its life are being totally objective and are above reproach. Whereas those giving ones are unreasonable..

Let's be fair here.....with the user score being 4......in which direction to you see the scale being tipped?

Just from what you may know of the game, do you honestly feel its anywhere even close to the realm of a 4 ?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#84Stink_TeriosPosted 3/11/2014 8:11:43 AM
Games journalists aren't true journalists, they are businessmen. Getting money from publishers is the only thing that matters, honesty be damned.
#85deathsaber79Posted 3/11/2014 8:15:09 AM
Just face it, the real people have spoken. (Not paid by MS for advertising professional "sheeple")
Titanfail is garbage. 5.9 sounds pretty accurate

Maybe when the sequel is out, actually has more than $20 worth of content, isn't endlessly newb pandering with autolock pistols and free mechs for stinky play, is on PS4, and actually running at 1080p 60fps, will the game achieve a decent score.

But in the meantime, have fun beta-testing this $60 demo. Maybe if they patch in a resolution drop to progressive scan 480p (don't worry your tv will upscale to 1080p), maybe the Xbox will manage to run this around 60fps most of the time.
#86quickposterPosted 3/11/2014 8:15:31 AM
Killzone 2 got high reviews but a lot of us thought the game was still bad. Maybe the same is happening here.
#87ish0turfac3Posted 3/11/2014 8:27:31 AM
Becuase its trash. And should therefore be rated as such trash.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
3DS Code: 1719-3540-9027 Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (feel free to add me)
#88nableetPosted 3/11/2014 8:32:30 AM
Evel138 posted...
nableet posted...
Carpetfluff posted...
Executioner232 posted...

Sadly, they are blind to the crazy amount of ridiculous reviews that give the game a 10. Clearly those giving a game a 10 in the first hours of its life are being totally objective and are above reproach. Whereas those giving ones are unreasonable..

Let's be fair here.....with the user score being 4......in which direction to you see the scale being tipped?

Just from what you may know of the game, do you honestly feel its anywhere even close to the realm of a 4 ?

The score was 5.5 last I looked.

A score of 0 will hurt the average a lot more than a score of 10 will, but my position is that all user reviewers should be ignored.

You guys have your great reviews (87 MC), you have your game to be playing (you might not if in EU) and yet still you wanna "fight" against the injustice of the user score on MC...... I just don't get why anyone, other than die hard fanboys of either persuasion, cares.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#89KajochiPosted 3/11/2014 8:33:05 AM
" I'm sorry but I received this game and it is unacceptable.... I opened the the packaging of the game and I opened the box and the disk smelled like someone farted on it.. I should of expected this from EA, always farting in my face every chance they get" lol'd
#90me_prestonPosted 3/11/2014 8:39:22 AM
RE4_Stranger posted...
Most of it is haters bombing the score with unfair zeroes and ones. But to also be fair there is a lot of positive bombing by fanboys of perfect scores with such comments as "perfect game" or "best game ever" or "insert Playstation franchise is all hype and worse then Titan fall" and "all new level of verticality in shooters" (like tribes and UT and even Quake to an extent never existed).

It happens with most major releases.

Game looks like a solid 7.5

+ shooting mechanics are solid
+ good amount of maps on release
+ parkour works very well

- campaign is a total joke
- lack of game modes
- lack of weapons and abilities

Graphics do not factor in to a game being good or bad unless they are absolutely atrocious and Titanfall may not look next gen, but it is far from looking atrocious.

---
At least Kefka managed to rearrange the very planet and kill millions of people!Good for him!
college paid for by: OIF 03 OEF 05 OIF 08