Aside from the mechs, what sets Titanfall apart from other online FPS?

#1Shy420Posted 3/11/2014 6:22:11 AM
Honest question not trying to flame or disrupt I would just like to know what people are feeling when they're playing, what is it that people liking in this game more than others?

I could be called a Sony Pony but am liking what I see in this game and trying to gauge if the time is right to take the Xbone plunge.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#2Skynet82997Posted 3/11/2014 6:24:22 AM
The freedom of movement with wall running and jet pack.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#3method115Posted 3/11/2014 6:40:38 AM
When I saw the gameplay not being in a Titan seemed a lot less fun espicially with all the bots. I need to hurry up and try this game out myself but I'm waiting to see how the 360 version looks.
---
PSN: method114
#4suicide machinePosted 3/11/2014 6:48:07 AM
kotaku made a very good post about this

http://kotaku.com/the-best-thing-about-titanfall-is-not-the-giant-robots-1540846331
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! : http://m-slender.tumblr.com/
Xbox One clips: https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#5brownmysterPosted 3/11/2014 6:50:46 AM
Shy420 posted...
Honest question not trying to flame or disrupt I would just like to know what people are feeling when they're playing, what is it that people liking in this game more than others?

I could be called a Sony Pony but am liking what I see in this game and trying to gauge if the time is right to take the Xbone plunge.

Wall running. Wall hanging jet. Packs. The pace of the game. The zips lines. The burn cards which i think there nice. Also the freedom of movement. I rather be on the ground towering buildings than be in my Titan
#6brownmysterPosted 3/11/2014 6:52:43 AM
method115 posted...
When I saw the gameplay not being in a Titan seemed a lot less fun espicially with all the bots. I need to hurry up and try this game out myself but I'm waiting to see how the 360 version looks.

I much rather be towering buildings wall running and being on a zip line breaking peeps neck than in my Titan. I usually just drop my Titan and let it auto pilot
#7UtterMoonPosted 3/11/2014 6:59:13 AM
Its the freedom of movement....and that's really about it. The weapons are not inventive, and the shooting mechanics are...well CoD...I mean there is no getting around that, actually shooting other players feels and looks just like CoD, and for good reason...but other than the Smart Pistol...this game lacks a lot of imagination...the game modes themselves are nothing special either, Titanfall took zero risks...I remember when people were talking about "monsters" in the game...as if this was going to be the answer to Evolve or something...and it turns out that they are just as harmless and useless as every other Ai controlled thing.

The "campaign" is also a turd..one loading screen cut scene in the beginning, one at the end...it runs through only two gametypes...and its limited to short conversations on your hud that may as well be background noise. Good game, but it could have been something more...maybe they will get it right with Titanfall 2.
#8Bestia_SomniaPosted 3/11/2014 7:06:31 AM
Even Killzone 3 had mechs in multiplayer, so it hardly sets Titanfall apart from other fps.
---
J-Stars Victory Vs; Zebra, Toriko, Madara, Joseph Joestar, Nube, Allen Walker (support)
#9ZEROthefirstPosted 3/11/2014 7:07:57 AM
Aside from some of the parkour aspects of the game the game feels less intuitive than other shooters. The maps are too big for 6v6 (sure there are bots but they're absolutely useless) and even with the Titans out the maps feel a bit oversized still. You can constantly run and never stop (I don't know if they changed this in the final version, but from playing the Beta you can just run aallll day long) and guns have no recoil whatsoever, but that was to help with the parkouring and such, but they should still have a little bit of recoil. Honestly if you just want quick fast paced matches where you'll mostly be killing a lot of bots while searching for actual players then this is the game for you, other-wise I'd skip it and wait for another game or something.
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
3DS Friend Code: 1306-6232-5350
#10IMProdiGYPosted 3/11/2014 7:29:36 AM(edited)
I want to give my opinion as best I can.

This is the only real thing I can compare to COD, well COD 4 & MW2. This is the wow factor. What I mean is that just like the Killstreaks back then, the feeling is the same when you're not in a Titan and you come across the Titan.

Nothing better then running down a street turn a corner and the Titan has you in his sights. Titans are way over powering which is great thing. Titans are meant to fight Titans. There is no perk that keeps them from seeing or hurting you. And when your in your Titan, you really feel the power.

The game is fast and fluid. The controls are great and the game just feels great. I really do feel if the game was more than 6v6 the game would be a mess.

The bots are a good addition because they keep you doing something at all times. Yeah they are stupid, but the pilots are a top tier unit intheir army so when going up vs a bot its a quick aim and shoot. I know a lot of people do not like this, but it works for some odd reason. Without them there would be a lot of down time and with human players being out in instead of bot the gamw would really be a mess.

All in all the game is really good. I am a FPS fan, and this game may look somewhat like another, but is soooo different in everyway. If you like fast paced fps action then this game is a plus. Don't expect realism, but expect fun. And that's what games are about.

I see people that have negative things to say and they have that right, but take into consideration more than half I would say 3/4 of negative feed back are PS fanboys and X1 haters. If this game was on PS4 the talk would be about how it looks better on PS4. So please take that with a grain of salt. And yes KZ has mech, but KZ is a mediocre FPS that even PS fans dont like. And for them to dislike KZ says a lot. Considering every game on PS4 is amazing!!
---
You know you're old when you know what flipping a game means!! glhf