This gen is terrible

#1GoreGamerPosted 3/11/2014 6:59:55 AM
Absolutely awful. The graphics simply aren't good enough and are unlikely to get much better, as they are maxing the limitations already. Every game IMO should be 1080p 60fps and no I am not a PC elitist. I am quite happy to just play back catalogue of PS3/One games . Hell I wouldn't mind if they kept the PS3/360 for a few more years, because the difference just isn't good enough.

The PS2- PS3 jump not only improved graphics sharply but also allowed for better psychics, which improved gamplay significantly.
#2Kovalchuk_Posted 3/11/2014 7:00:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3GoreGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 7:01:22 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
it just started you idiot.

And they are already struggling, down scaling games.
#4UtterMoonPosted 3/11/2014 7:02:20 AM
So hey...does anyone remember how AMAZING the launch window games on the Xbox 360 and PS3 were? I mean hell...those games were the best that it ever got right? That was as good as it was ever going to get...Perfect Dark and Kameo were the apex of the Xbox 360.
#5Jami393Posted 3/11/2014 7:03:04 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...

In a sense it has just started but technically it started a year and a half ago
#6daniel79Posted 3/11/2014 7:05:50 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...

Yeah, you idiot!

The Xbox one will be pumping out 1080p 60 by the end of the year on every title!! It's just that Microsoft haven't let us have the download that makes the hardware better yet!

And don't forget the cloud!

*Ahem..*
#7MlREFOXPosted 3/11/2014 7:06:40 AM
The TC mentions the PS2>PS3 jump lovingly. Maybe he forgets that he was stuck playing Resistance for months before anything good came out or that Resistance looks like garbage compared to games developed even halfway through the PS3 lifespan.

Honestly, TC, as this next gen has just begun, your topic couldn't be much more asinine.
#8prewittz77Posted 3/11/2014 7:09:02 AM
MlREFOX posted...
The TC mentions the PS2>PS3 jump lovingly. Maybe he forgets that he was stuck playing Resistance for months before anything good came out or that Resistance looks like garbage compared to games developed even halfway through the PS3 lifespan.

Honestly, TC, as this next gen has just begun, your topic couldn't be much more asinine.

Yeah really. Look at 360 launch games, and then more recent games like MoH and TombRaider
---
[all_that_juice]
I guess when you have over 1000 karma you can get away with anything on here.
#9ff6isgreatPosted 3/11/2014 7:10:23 AM
It's too early for any great games. They take years of development. If you want great games right this minute they will be on consoles that have been around for a while. Like Wii U just started getting good games (3D World and DKC w/ Mario Kart and X on the way).

By Christmas you'll start seeing good stuff on the new consoles. Graphics will get better but you are right that they won't get significantly better. But you'll live....some how.
#10chuckboston2k3Posted 3/11/2014 7:10:40 AM
This is like deja vu all over again.

I fondly recall everyone b**ching about the lack of graphical jump last gen.

I bet it will happen again next gen.
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: CallMeMrBrandt PSN: OptimusDad