This gen is terrible

#11SunDevil77Posted 3/11/2014 7:12:38 AM
GoreGamer posted...
Absolutely awful. The graphics simply aren't good enough and are unlikely to get much better, as they are maxing the limitations already. Every game IMO should be 1080p 60fps and no I am not a PC elitist. I am quite happy to just play back catalogue of PS3/One games . Hell I wouldn't mind if they kept the PS3/360 for a few more years, because the difference just isn't good enough.

The PS2- PS3 jump not only improved graphics sharply but also allowed for better psychics, which improved gamplay significantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFZzvchqRGA
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#12GoreGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 7:13:04 AM
chuckboston2k3 posted...
This is like deja vu all over again.

I fondly recall everyone b**ching about the lack of graphical jump last gen.

I bet it will happen again next gen.

Whilst that is true, the jump wasn't as great from ps1-ps2, it was still a big leap and improved the graphics significantly. This gen has nothing going for it. The consoles are well below the curve. The PS3 was a VERY good PC in terms of hardware. This gen is not. It is cheap & a very poor PC.
#13daniel79Posted 3/11/2014 7:13:37 AM
UtterMoon posted...
So hey...does anyone remember how AMAZING the launch window games on the Xbox 360 and PS3 were? I mean hell...those games were the best that it ever got right? That was as good as it was ever going to get...Perfect Dark and Kameo were the apex of the Xbox 360.

Your missing the point of his post. The jump from ps2 and the orginal Xbox was big. And those games you mentioned were much better looking than anything on the earleir consoles..

It was a big jump. A massive one infact..

This gen is nowhere near that gap.
#14UtterMoonPosted 3/11/2014 7:20:15 AM
daniel79 posted...
UtterMoon posted...
So hey...does anyone remember how AMAZING the launch window games on the Xbox 360 and PS3 were? I mean hell...those games were the best that it ever got right? That was as good as it was ever going to get...Perfect Dark and Kameo were the apex of the Xbox 360.

Your missing the point of his post. The jump from ps2 and the orginal Xbox was big. And those games you mentioned were much better looking than anything on the earleir consoles..

It was a big jump. A massive one infact..

This gen is nowhere near that gap.

Oh I am not missing the point at all....I mean....this topic has been brought up again and again and again over the last handful of months.

Yes..the gap between generations is smaller, but this guy clearly isn't talking about that....he is talking about 1080p and 60fps....does that sound like he is bringing up the jump between PS2 and PS3? Hell no.

Familiarization with the hardware....that's what resolution and frames per. second comes down to. Developers given enough time to work with the hardware...to utilize it...to draw out every ounce of power that they can, to learn from their mistakes and the mistakes of others....

Its been 3 freaking months, and everytime a new generation of consoles releases the same damn thing is asked...and we freaking KNOW that its going to get better, because we've seen it get better each and every time.
#15mokmuudPosted 3/11/2014 7:20:47 AM
GoreGamer

as they are maxing the limitations already.

Are you high?
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#16chedibang1994Posted 3/11/2014 7:23:41 AM
daniel79 posted...
Kovalchuk_ posted...
it just started you idiot.

Yeah, you idiot!

The Xbox one will be pumping out 1080p 60 by the end of the year on every title!! It's just that Microsoft haven't let us have the download that makes the hardware better yet!

And don't forget the cloud!

*Ahem..*

Yeah no you see the only system doing that is wii u and then there's a superior PC but oh well
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas
#17DinosoarLinkPosted 3/11/2014 7:28:43 AM
Joke Topic?
---
XBL/PSN: GRAFXX
"Shop smart...shop S-Mart!"
#18richboy900Posted 3/11/2014 7:42:35 AM
I wouldn't call it "terrible", but all the eighth Gen consoles aren't that powerful or impressive. The 360 and especially the original Xbox were capable machines when they came out. The Xbox was basically a PC and had twice the power of the ps2.

The ps4 and xb1 are nowhere near as powerful as a decent pc like previous consoles were. Usually I'm an early adopter for new consoles, but I'm happy I haven't bought either yet. It could be a short gen inbound.

Developers will get more from both consoles in a few years, things will only get better. But come next generation, I hope both Microsoft and Sony make impressive systems, not just opt for greed using cheap bottom of the barrel components.
#19regsantotomasPosted 3/11/2014 7:53:20 AM
Considering the selection of the library in the less than 4 months, this generation has started stronger than many previous gens IMO.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#20chex81Posted 3/11/2014 7:55:22 AM
Games coming out on all consoles have been optimized for last gen...by end of this year we should be seeing the transition to true next gen.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81