TitanFall 2 will be an Xbox One exclusive

#1mike468Posted 3/11/2014 9:02:22 AM
I know a lot of the Sony fanboys are claiming Titanfall 2 will be a multi-platform, and I really don't want to get into their silly notions, but let's look at it logically, as to why it will still be a MS exclusive, even if MS doesn't lock up the rights to it.

Over the past few days there have been a number of article related to digital foundry article, about how essential Azure and the cloud are to TitanFall with the AI and dedicated servers. Sony doesn't offer anything similar, so that aspect would have to be reworked from the ground up for the PS4, no small task and something Respawn might not want to do.

If putting TitanFall 2 on the PS4 means significant compromises to the AI and dedicated servers, Respawn won't do that. Just look st what happened to the South African release of the game? It got canned just weeks before launch, because the experience won't be what Respawn wants.

Even if MS doesn't lock-up exclusive rights to the series, Respawn might not want to compromise on the game.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#2GondolinRisesPosted 3/11/2014 9:03:33 AM
Nope. Sales potential on the ps4 is too large.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#3TrueBlue91Posted 3/11/2014 9:04:32 AM
Yes it will. /topic
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#4xacebopPosted 3/11/2014 9:05:11 AM
The only way that would happen is if ms bought out respawn but that goes against everything they stand for. One of the main reasons they split from infinity ward was because of Activision looking over their shoulder.
#5MlREFOXPosted 3/11/2014 9:05:25 AM
And Mass Effect will never be on a Sony console...
#6TBONE_OGPosted 3/11/2014 9:05:25 AM
MS should do what they can to lock up Titanfall.

1) Another triple AAA exclusive for MS

2) Make Sony fanboys rage, stomping their feet while sitting in their high chair getting an "airplane" full of mac & cheese from their mother's hand.
---
Always O.G.
#7bushidoblitzzPosted 3/11/2014 9:05:27 AM
LOL! Hahahahahahahahahahaahaha....................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

good one tc. good one.
---
Home What's New Contribute Features Boards Users Help 3DS DS iPhone PC PS2 PS3 PS4 PSP Vita Wii Wii U Xbox 360 Xbox One All Systems
#8xHuckleberryPosted 3/11/2014 9:05:56 AM
Its gonna be tablet exclusive.

Linux.
---
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme ---- Steam: xhuckleberry(IM YER HUCKLEBERRY)
>Living proof of a dying dream.
#9TBONE_OGPosted 3/11/2014 9:06:12 AM
MlREFOX posted...
And Mass Effect will never be on a Sony console...

Go google WHY Mass Effect went multiplat. Go ahead. I dare you.
---
Always O.G.
#10EnclavePosted 3/11/2014 9:08:12 AM(edited)
Because of the AI? Reading among the comments on this board from fans of the game the AI is apparently complete garbage. Why exactly is the "cloud" required for that? Also, does the PC version use Microsofts servers? I somehow doubt it.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.