TitanFall 2 will be an Xbox One exclusive

#181game freakozoidPosted 3/11/2014 6:53:14 PM
RemakeMe posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Lmao Sony kids are flip flopping harder than John Kerry running against George W.

>lol xbots have fun with your inferior port we get 1080p 60fps LOL

>eh I was never really excited for it. Its just another dudebro shooter, and Killzone is better anyways.

>Titanfall 2 WILL be on PS4, because sales! Lol xbots have fun with your cloud and your 792p!

Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Porunga posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
nope, try again. Its on you to prove me wrong. It shouldn't take you long to do some searching pre/post "exclusive", and literally every Sony kid in this thread is arguing that sales = multiplat.

good luck smartass (you can say ass, btw :D).

You are the one making the claim. It is your responsibility to back it up.. but you can't. Just be quiet kid, you are embarrassing yourself.

LOL!

I can tell by your use of the term "kid" that you're angry.

just admit I'm right and move on.

Not this often that you see somebody get owned so badly. Couldn't help but notice that he kept still trying and failing to retain some dignity yet ignored this completely.
#182RuneArcanisPosted 3/11/2014 6:59:49 PM
Having played Titanfall today on the XBox One... I do not care if they release a Titanfall 2 at all. I knew it was online only but does not live up to the Hype. Which is all that this game is.
---
Pokemon FC: 2793-0726-6683 Bug Safari: Combee, Masquerain, Vivillon
Bravely Default FC: 0748-3455-0337
#183aheroafakePosted 3/11/2014 7:01:13 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
You can really tell from all this dedicated server talk who has never gamed on PC.

People also need to stop acting like Microsoft created Azure for Xbox. Azure was created by Microsoft for its enterprise offerings, as it's very convenient to have an entire SharePoint server farm or similar hosted on Azure, and SharePoint 2013 apps can be remote-hosted on Azure in the case of an on-premises SharePoint farm.

As always Microsoft has dominated in the Enterprise; this is why people keep bringing up the fact that certain investors on the board of directors want them to sell of Xbox. It's not because the Xbox brand doesn't turn a profit. It's because compared to the Enterprise, the ROI is insanely low. They simply made a business decision to leverage some of their Azure infrastructure for Xbox, which given what I've just said may not have been the smartest business decision. They're trying so hard to push the Xbox because it's the only thing they have relevant in the consumer realm besides Windows. But the rental fees they can get for a server used for SharePoint etc. are insanely high, so they have to be losing tons of money.

Anyway, see the following.
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/653445-analyst-titanfall-2-wont-be-xbox-exclusive-former-ea-ceo-thought-ms-would-kick-sonys-butt-next-gen

Anything could happen, but it seems to be the case that Titanfall is exclusive for Xbox (aside from the obvious moneyhatting reason) because EA's former CEO thought Microsoft would "eat Sony's lunch" this gen, i.e. he didn't think the sales loss from exclusivity would be significant because he thought the new Xbox would dominate the new PlayStation in sales.

EA's former CEO is an idiot then. I don't understand how anyone thought the Xbox One would be kiling the PS4 in sales. I am a diehard Xbox fan and I had a strong feeling that PS4 would be outselling the Xbox One, but I didn't think the sales gap was gonna be this large.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#184dj-izzlePosted 3/11/2014 7:10:06 PM
aheroafake posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
You can really tell from all this dedicated server talk who has never gamed on PC.

People also need to stop acting like Microsoft created Azure for Xbox. Azure was created by Microsoft for its enterprise offerings, as it's very convenient to have an entire SharePoint server farm or similar hosted on Azure, and SharePoint 2013 apps can be remote-hosted on Azure in the case of an on-premises SharePoint farm.

As always Microsoft has dominated in the Enterprise; this is why people keep bringing up the fact that certain investors on the board of directors want them to sell of Xbox. It's not because the Xbox brand doesn't turn a profit. It's because compared to the Enterprise, the ROI is insanely low. They simply made a business decision to leverage some of their Azure infrastructure for Xbox, which given what I've just said may not have been the smartest business decision. They're trying so hard to push the Xbox because it's the only thing they have relevant in the consumer realm besides Windows. But the rental fees they can get for a server used for SharePoint etc. are insanely high, so they have to be losing tons of money.

Anyway, see the following.
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/653445-analyst-titanfall-2-wont-be-xbox-exclusive-former-ea-ceo-thought-ms-would-kick-sonys-butt-next-gen

Anything could happen, but it seems to be the case that Titanfall is exclusive for Xbox (aside from the obvious moneyhatting reason) because EA's former CEO thought Microsoft would "eat Sony's lunch" this gen, i.e. he didn't think the sales loss from exclusivity would be significant because he thought the new Xbox would dominate the new PlayStation in sales.

EA's former CEO is an idiot then. I don't understand how anyone thought the Xbox One would be kiling the PS4 in sales. I am a diehard Xbox fan and I had a strong feeling that PS4 would be outselling the Xbox One, but I didn't think the sales gap was gonna be this large.

IIRC the exclusivity talks happened before e3
---
3ds FC: 1693-1721-4479 IGN: Daniel
FS- Psychic- Abra, Wobbuffet, Gothorita...PM if you add
#185QuadForce878Posted 3/11/2014 7:43:45 PM
My only question is if EA is making more money by making TF an Xbox exclusive or have the lost a ton of money underestimating the sales gap between the PS4 and Xbox One. If its the latter than like Pachter said, John Riccitiello has posthumously screwed EA even after losing his job as CEO.
#186garainePosted 3/11/2014 8:21:46 PM
Demyxus posted...
tobydammit posted...
EA can't afford to burn bridges with Sony.

While owning a PS4 and yet not into shooters, I have to agree with this. When EA doesn't make the next one multiplatform and thus neglecting business-relations with sony they will have to rely on MS, while it's more profitable to have good relations with both.

who says it would be burning bridges this is a business for them deals are made money is exchanged. sometimes it's gonna be in sony's favor sometimes in microsofts favor. all companies involved understand or should understand this. it really has nothing to do with the relationship between companies it's just business.
#187BoxTheMuppetPosted 3/11/2014 8:35:17 PM
I thought the sony people didn't want this game because it's nothing special...if so why fight so hard trying to will it to be multiplat?
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#188flame030191Posted 3/11/2014 8:39:25 PM
I'm just going to point this out, not sure if anyone else did but I'm not going through 200 messages to see.

Respawn was working on a PS3/PS4 version as well for Titanfall and they were excited to announce it. They didn't, though, since EA signed a contract for "Titanfall" to be exclusive to Microsoft's platforms. They've stated they want to bring the franchise to as many people as possible and fully intend on making the sequel multiplatform.
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
X1/PS4/PS3/360 gamer. Proud to be a God of War fan. http://imgur.com/APaWnBD
#189dj-izzlePosted 3/11/2014 8:42:23 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
I thought the sony people didn't want this game because it's nothing special...if so why fight so hard trying to will it to be multiplat?

Why do you people like to generalize?
---
3ds FC: 1693-1721-4479 IGN: Daniel
FS- Psychic- Abra, Wobbuffet, Gothorita...PM if you add
#190PorungaPosted 3/11/2014 8:43:01 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...

Once again, just because some don't want it does not mean that no one wants it.