TitanFall 2 will be an Xbox One exclusive

#201aheroafakePosted 3/13/2014 9:05:02 AM
I had no idea that the exclusivity deal happened before Xbox One was released. But then again, when Titanfall was first revealed to the public, I wasn't impressed with it at all. I wasn't going to even buy the game. Everyone I told that to, even some of my fellow Gamestop employees, were just shocked. Then the beta for the game was taking place and a nice poster here gave me a code for it. I tried it out just to see if I might enjoy it and I while I wasn't blown away, I did find it rather fun. So I bought it. Like I said though, I wasn't planning to get the game so I wasn't really keeping my eyes open for topics about Titanfall.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#202teehee23Posted 3/13/2014 9:12:27 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
Titanfall 2 will be a MS exclusive after the Xbone passes the PS4 in about 2 years. People are counting the Xbone out too early, but I'm predicting a win.

I'm gonna create an analogy that represents what I think is going to happen in the future.

I heard a pony say the PS4 was a "barbarian" - so I'm going to go along with that.

Ok, fine, the PS4 is a "barbarian" and its busy smashing faces and taking names while shouting "hail Crom" after every brutal kill. Right now it appears there is no stopping it.

BUT

The Xbone is an assassin, which means they come up from behind and and rip the jugular out of their enemies who are complacent. This is the position the Xbone is currently, right behind the PS4, and at some point in the future the assassination of the PS4 is going to happen. its inevitable. And then the assassin is going to be the last man standing after the dust settles. This gen is going to be Xbone as the winner, I'm calling it right now.

Lol the single most LOL worthy post in this thread by far.

PS3...which had some of the roughest first few years in console history, ended up outselling the 360 and MS had a 1 YEAR head start.

PS4 is simply crushing all in it's path from the get and you think XB1 is gonna surpass it? LAWL man....LAWL.

No, Xbox360 has outsold ps3 worldwide and is still selling while ps3 sales did died.
---
We believe Jack Tretton quit working at Sony to play more Titanfall on Xbox #1.
#203dylanbrandon286Posted 3/13/2014 9:20:22 AM
Don't care what underpowered console it is for. I will always play it on the superior platform, the PC.
---
Japan: "wow nukes are so op. America so noob." Brokencandle
http://www.youtube.com/user/batista1229
#204mike468(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 11:24:39 AM
teehee23 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
Titanfall 2 will be a MS exclusive after the Xbone passes the PS4 in about 2 years. People are counting the Xbone out too early, but I'm predicting a win.

I'm gonna create an analogy that represents what I think is going to happen in the future.

I heard a pony say the PS4 was a "barbarian" - so I'm going to go along with that.

Ok, fine, the PS4 is a "barbarian" and its busy smashing faces and taking names while shouting "hail Crom" after every brutal kill. Right now it appears there is no stopping it.

BUT

The Xbone is an assassin, which means they come up from behind and and rip the jugular out of their enemies who are complacent. This is the position the Xbone is currently, right behind the PS4, and at some point in the future the assassination of the PS4 is going to happen. its inevitable. And then the assassin is going to be the last man standing after the dust settles. This gen is going to be Xbone as the winner, I'm calling it right now.

Lol the single most LOL worthy post in this thread by far.

PS3...which had some of the roughest first few years in console history, ended up outselling the 360 and MS had a 1 YEAR head start.

PS4 is simply crushing all in it's path from the get and you think XB1 is gonna surpass it? LAWL man....LAWL.

No, Xbox360 has outsold ps3 worldwide and is still selling while ps3 sales did died.

Hate to burst your bubble, but if VG charts is correct, the ps3 has out sold the 360 globally, 82.54 million to 81.12 million. Even I'll admit that:

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

It's still a small margin though and it's only happened in the past few years. Less than a million unit difference and that is most likely due to such poor sales in japan. The the 360 put up 1.5 million lifetime sales in the country.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#205Neoreloaded313Posted 3/16/2014 6:33:22 PM
Not really surprising PS3 has sold more, most of the consoles available in the store I work at all cheaper then the 360's we sell.

Now TitanFall 2 has no chance of being a One exclusive unless Microsoft pays EA more then what they are projected to make by selling on PS4, which I would think would be an awful lot for MS to pay.
#206mike468(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 6:57:28 PM
Neoreloaded313 posted...
Not really surprising PS3 has sold more, most of the consoles available in the store I work at all cheaper then the 360's we sell.

Now TitanFall 2 has no chance of being a One exclusive unless Microsoft pays EA more then what they are projected to make by selling on PS4, which I would think would be an awful lot for MS to pay.

The 360 did have an early lead over the PS3, which only surpassed the 360 in the past few years. i blame it mostly on a stale line up and over milking franchises like Gears of War, later on in the consoles lifespan. The the 360's early years where great with new franchises and games.

With the Xbox One though, it seems like things are turning around. Sure we haven't seen the huge blockbusters like Halo, but there are more interesting and exclusive games on it than the PS4 (Titanfall, Dead Rising, Forza, Killer Instinct, Project Spark). Sure the PS4 might be in the lead, but Feb. 2014's sales had the XBO pacing the PS4 with 90% of sales, and that doesn't factor in Titanfall's release.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#207NeoAndurilPosted 3/16/2014 7:03:40 PM
GondolinRises posted...
Nope. Sales potential on the ps4 is too large.

Didn't this topic end on page one, post 2? What's with all the xbot reassurance? There's no way titanfall 2 isnt on the ps4.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#208Order1886Posted 3/16/2014 7:24:59 PM
NeoAnduril posted...
GondolinRises posted...
Nope. Sales potential on the ps4 is too large.

Didn't this topic end on page one, post 2? What's with all the xbot reassurance? There's no way titanfall 2 isnt on the ps4.

This.

The denial and delusion of the MDF is at sickening heights.
#209levelshooterPosted 3/16/2014 8:34:48 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

Xbone sales are over 4m now, and the PS4 is around 6m. Its only a gap of 2m. I'm saying its going to be a repeat of last gen, but things are gonna be flipped around and MS is the assassin this time. The gap is going to close this holiday season. MS is going to drop the price, and they're going to catch and eventually pass Sony. I predict that Titanfall will be a SMASH hit, and its going to be moving lots of Xbones for a few months in the future.

PS4 is OVER 6 million pal and climbing. You can barely FIND a PS4 while xb1 is in plentiful supply. Your predictions are laughable. Titanfall is just another FPS.

It was clear from the start that Microsoft made more units than they needed and the console probably has a better production rate too.

Whereas Sony decided for a worldwide launch (which is unusual) and couldn't produce enough.

And price helps.

If say in 1 year the ps4 costs 299.99 and the Xbox one costs 229.99, which would sell more you reckon???

(btw for people that don't understand that last question is hypothetical)
---
-not changing this Sig until David Moyes is sacked
#210TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/16/2014 9:56:27 PM
MS can buy it, and will do anything to win. Sony couldn't afford to compete in a bidding war. Online infrastructure doesn't matter as much as whether or not a payoff occurs.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo