TitanFall 2 will be an Xbox One exclusive

#61TauriLeaderPosted 3/11/2014 11:10:09 AM(edited)
I fully expect a PS4 version of the first Titanfall to be out by next year. I am not convinced it will remain exclusive after all the shenanigans of the last generation.

---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#62TBONE_OGPosted 3/11/2014 11:12:41 AM
TauriLeader posted...
I fully expect a PS4 version of the first Titanfall to be out by next year. I am not convinced it will remain exclusive after all the shenanigans of the last generation.

Be prepared to be fully disappointed.
---
Always O.G.
#63ZeusthagodPosted 3/11/2014 11:27:02 AM
The way things are looking with the PS4 vs Xbox One install bases (assuming current sales trends continue), EA really doesn't have any choice except to make the next one multi platform. Microsoft would have to front a massive amount of cash to make up for lost potential sales of there not being a Titanfall 2 on the PS4 and I don't think Microsoft has any interest in paying that much for it.
---
A wise man told me "don't argue with fools"
#64darkshadowmasterPosted 3/11/2014 11:30:37 AM
mike468 posted...

Call of Duty and BF use dedicated servers, but they are owned and operated by Activision and EA and we've seen how reliable those servers are.

FYI: The CoD servers are not owned/operated by Activision. They lease/rent them from Choopa. Unless they own that company anyway.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#65TauriLeaderPosted 3/11/2014 11:39:45 AM(edited)
TBONE_OG posted...
TauriLeader posted...

Be prepared to be fully disappointed.

Why? There has nothing been said so far that has not been said the entire last generation.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#66mike468(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 11:46:26 AM(edited)
3HP posted...

Almost all of the PS3's first party(owned by Sony) games had dedicated servers(operated by Sony) for online multiplayer while almost none of the 360's entire library did even though everyone had to pay for Gold. They only just recently shut down the servers for R:FoM which was a launch title.

Keyword is first party. You said it yourself.

Sony has not opened their servers up to third party developers and publisher, the way MS has for Azure. Which is exactly my point. Any PS TitanFall version would most certainly use EA's servers, not Sony's.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#67UtterMoonPosted 3/11/2014 11:45:57 AM
"about how essential Azure and the cloud are to TitanFall with the AI and dedicated servers."

Not to be "that guy" but I really, really doubt that Azure is needed for the Ai in Titanfall...I mean...the Ai of the Titanfall bots is about equal to the the Ai of the mobs in Dota 2 ( jesting )...the sole reason for the even being bots is for people to farm, and its to make the game look bigger than it really is, while the bots in Dota 2 have a far, far large importance to the overall game.
#68aray48Posted 3/11/2014 11:49:24 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
aray48 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Lmao Sony kids are flip flopping harder than John Kerry running against George W.

>lol xbots have fun with your inferior port we get 1080p 60fps LOL

>eh I was never really excited for it. Its just another dudebro shooter, and Killzone is better anyways.

>Titanfall 2 WILL be on PS4, because sales! Lol xbots have fun with your cloud and your 792p!

Good job generalizing and assuming everyone that said one of those also said the other

stopped reading right there.

Ya can't accept being wrong, it's k.
#69mike468(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 11:49:34 AM
UtterMoon posted...
"about how essential Azure and the cloud are to TitanFall with the AI and dedicated servers."

Not to be "that guy" but I really, really doubt that Azure is needed for the Ai in Titanfall...I mean...the Ai of the Titanfall bots is about equal to the the Ai of the mobs in Dota 2 ( jesting )...the sole reason for the even being bots is for people to farm, and its to make the game look bigger than it really is, while the bots in Dota 2 have a far, far large importance to the overall game.

It's not just enemy AI though. It's also to cut down on the ping when migrating servers when the host leaves and other related stuff when using dedicated servers. MS has way more server capacity and locations that 3rd party developers could.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#70James MasonPosted 3/11/2014 12:02:06 PM
Think of it for a second. If Titanfall 1 truly uses the power of the "cloud" and it still fails to deliver 1080p 60 FPS , or even attempt 30 FPS, on a game made on a ten year old Steam Engine... What does that tell you of the Xbox One's hardware ? In what way does this "news" paint it in a great light again ?
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN : Stealth_Cobra | MGO ID : Killed by Konami's Greed