If you're getting Titanfall today, go to Bestbuy

#1cloudriveraPosted 3/11/2014 11:59:21 AM
I just picked up Titanfall, the season pass, and Rayman Legends for just $59.99. I traded in Ghost and opened up a credit card
---
currently playing:http://i.imgur.com/MIDcubU.jpg, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg
#2icewolf74Posted 3/11/2014 12:06:24 PM
Opening up a credit card for a video game, huh? Gotta love the Millenial generation and their irresponsible ways. Then again, I was pretty stupid with credit when I was in my 20's. Well enjoy your $100+ dollar TitanFall game after interest accrues since Best Buy charges 25% interest on their cards. No wonder our country is on the verge of an economic implosion. Too many people like TC who use it irresponsibly.
---
My Current Consoles: PS4, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold, 3DS XL
San Diego Charger's Fan since 1990
#3phillyeagleflysPosted 3/11/2014 12:10:14 PM
I take full advantage of credit card deals and just pay the balance at the end of the month. Noone said you have to keep an open balance and pay interest.
---
XBL mattman1228, PSN ManiacMatt1782,
Youtube ManiacMatt1782
#4cloudrivera(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 12:11:37 PM
phillyeagleflys posted...
I take full advantage of credit card deals and just pay the balance at the end of the month. Noone said you have to keep an open balance and pay interest.

Exactly
---
currently playing:http://i.imgur.com/MIDcubU.jpg, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg
#5EnclavePosted 3/11/2014 12:12:43 PM
icewolf74 posted...
Opening up a credit card for a video game, huh? Gotta love the Millenial generation and their irresponsible ways. Then again, I was pretty stupid with credit when I was in my 20's. Well enjoy your $100+ dollar TitanFall game after interest accrues since Best Buy charges 25% interest on their cards. No wonder our country is on the verge of an economic implosion. Too many people like TC who use it irresponsibly.

This implies you actually pay interest on your credit cards. Do you not actually pay them off in full each month? If not? You're doing it wrong.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#6LanternOfAshPosted 3/11/2014 12:19:50 PM
Dear future people, don't post 'sales' like this.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#7phillyeagleflysPosted 3/11/2014 12:23:33 PM
Enclave posted...
icewolf74 posted...

This implies you actually pay interest on your credit cards. Do you not actually pay them off in full each month? If not? You're doing it wrong.

QFT. You pay you bill at the end of the month and don't spend beyond your means, you can get some pretty sweet deals.
---
XBL mattman1228, PSN ManiacMatt1782,
Youtube ManiacMatt1782
#8hohbiePosted 3/11/2014 12:26:16 PM
I get that you get a deal, but please think about your decisions. I pay off my credit cards each month so I never pay interest but it can cost you a lot more than just interest.

Store credit cards can cost you in the long run. If you open it for one purchase then they have to go into your credit report. Each time your credit report is viewed is a ding against you (in a way). If it happens every once in awhile it is usually no big deal, but if you open a new credit card for 20 different stores it will look bad.

Another bad thing is if you dont use your credit card for a long period the store will likely close your account. This looks very bad on your credit report. When you lose credit (even by a company closing it due to inactivity) it hurts your overall credit.

These can add up and cost you in the future (higher interest rates on mortages/loans). I am just letting you know for the future. A purchase as small as this is probably not worth it unless you really want the stores credit card/award program.
#9cloudrivera(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 12:29:44 PM
hohbie posted...
I get that you get a deal, but please think about your decisions. I pay off my credit cards each month so I never pay interest but it can cost you a lot more than just interest.

Store credit cards can cost you in the long run. If you open it for one purchase then they have to go into your credit report. Each time your credit report is viewed is a ding against you (in a way). If it happens every once in awhile it is usually no big deal, but if you open a new credit card for 20 different stores it will look bad.

Another bad thing is if you dont use your credit card for a long period the store will likely close your account. This looks very bad on your credit report. When you lose credit (even by a company closing it due to inactivity) it hurts your overall credit.

These can add up and cost you in the future (higher interest rates on mortages/loans). I am just letting you know for the future. A purchase as small as this is probably not worth it unless you really want the stores credit card/award program.

Thanks for the advice, but this isn't my first credit card. I'm a smart spender and I pay off everything on time. I didn't even know About this deal until I was paying for it lol
---
#10ZeusthagodPosted 3/11/2014 12:30:20 PM
phillyeagleflys posted...

I agree. I've had the BestBuy credit card since 2005 and always pay it off at the end of every cycle. I've accrued quite a bit of gift cards from using it over the years. Well over $1000 worth.

Now for someone who isn't the type to pay the balance off each month, I would advise against it. Best Buy and other store credit cards have pretty high interest rates compared to other cards.
---
A wise man told me "don't argue with fools"