If you're getting Titanfall today, go to Bestbuy

#11GalvatronType_RPosted 3/11/2014 12:31:45 PM
Paying off a card is one thing. Having unnecessary credit cards is another.

EVERY credit line you have hurts your credit history. Multiple lines show creditors that you are irresponsible with your money and are willing to go into debt to make purchases and hurts your debt to asset ratio.

Opening a store card or taking a line of credit to make one purchase is very stupid (unless it's for a car or house).
#12EnclavePosted 3/11/2014 12:51:51 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...

EVERY credit line you have hurts your credit history. Multiple lines show creditors that you are irresponsible with your money and are willing to go into debt to make purchases and hurts your debt to asset ratio.

Opening a store card or taking a line of credit to make one purchase is very stupid (unless it's for a car or house).

Not exactly. If all your credit cards have a history of being paid in full with never missing a payment that actually shows quite well.

That said, I personally wouldn't want more than 2 or 3 credit cards.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#13coolguyjonesPosted 3/11/2014 12:53:27 PM
we dont chrage intrest unless you miss a payment :) and you get 20 dollars off your total if you approve!! Best Buy employee here
#14cmincPosted 3/11/2014 1:37:59 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...

No. The more available credit you have that youre not using, regardless of how or where you got it, the higher your credit score so long as the account is in good standing. The only way multiple lines of credit can count against you is if youre maxed out on one or using any amount that accounts for more than 40% of the total credit youve been extended.

Beyond that, nothing will hurt a score more than not having credit and repeatedly applying for it. The 'hard pulls' that come from vehicle and home financing are almost just as bad but youre alotted a couple of those a year without any consequence.

Formulas also exist that measure what's owed in total against secured debt and non-secured debt vs appoximated income and asset worth, but it's much simpler on me if everyone here just accepts that you have no idea what youre talking about : )
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#15xacebopPosted 3/11/2014 1:43:09 PM
icewolf74 posted...
Opening up a credit card for a video game, huh? Gotta love the Millenial generation and their irresponsible ways. Then again, I was pretty stupid with credit when I was in my 20's. Well enjoy your $100+ dollar TitanFall game after interest accrues since Best Buy charges 25% interest on their cards. No wonder our country is on the verge of an economic implosion. Too many people like TC who use it irresponsibly.

Do you even know how credit card interest works
#16PigfartsPosted 3/11/2014 1:48:05 PM
#3 you should call your credit card companys to have them raise the limit and you should persoannly lower the amount of CC you have. You want a large line of credit but not from having 30 CC with a 1000 dollar limit.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#17xKYSxPosted 3/11/2014 1:55:10 PM
icewolf74 posted...
Opening up a credit card for a video game, huh? Gotta love the Millenial generation and their irresponsible ways. Then again, I was pretty stupid with credit when I was in my 20's. Well enjoy your $100+ dollar TitanFall game after interest accrues since Best Buy charges 25% interest on their cards. No wonder our country is on the verge of an economic implosion. Too many people like TC who use it irresponsibly.

you sound mad bro.
---
3DS FC: 3582-9753-7910
electric type safari. PM if you add please, thanks.
#18SwiftXZPosted 3/11/2014 2:01:07 PM
Pigfarts posted...
#3 you should call your credit card companys to have them raise the limit and you should persoannly lower the amount of CC you have. You want a large line of credit but not from having 30 CC with a 1000 dollar limit.

I've never called my credit card company to increase my line of credit and its increased 4 times, that being said, I only paid $60 last year in interest and received many times over that in cash back. Credit cards can earn you money, only if you use them wisely.

Obvious Rule of thumb: Not necessary? Can't afford it? Don't buy it.
---
GT:SwiftXZ
#19FourManSevenPosted 3/11/2014 2:06:36 PM
...credit cards...
interest rates.
Not worth while.
#20EnclavePosted 3/11/2014 2:11:10 PM
FourManSeven posted...
...credit cards...
interest rates.
Not worth while.

If you pay your bill in full on time then you don't get charged interest and it has the bonus of helping increase your credit rating.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.