Console wars is a good thing in my book.

#1TekaduPosted 3/11/2014 12:17:43 PM
I don't understand why people think that console wars are bad. Sure people go way over the line with it, but they are needed.

This war has giving both Sony and Xbox TONS of info. Be it good, bad, bias, or just stupid. When it comes a company, the number one thing you are taught is Feedback is the number one thing that is needed.

Ms seems to have failed that, when they tried to release the Xbox 1. That out rage, made a huge change. Myself, I was really shocked about what they tried to pull, I mean was that what gamers really wanted? Sony SEEM to have listen more to gamers. (Even though they seem to drop the ball also when it came to launch titles in my book) Yet, here we are still having this war.

Xbox 360 drop the ball near the end of the launch letting sony catch up. Time will tell, if they learned any thing from it. However, from what they tried to pull. My hopes on that was crushed.

I say keep on hating each other. It will only paint a better system in the future.
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 3/11/2014 12:21:35 PM
Competition can yield positive results.

AT&T drops price, Verizon doubles our data.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#3phillyeagleflysPosted 3/11/2014 12:28:45 PM(edited)
Competition is great. It pushes the envelope and keeps companies fighting for our money. Whiny fanboys of either system, not so much, talking about oh this one sold more units. This one is too restrictive. This one has more options. The fact that others need to try to change someone elses mind about the enjoyment of theproduct they purchased is freaking moronic.
---
XBL mattman1228, PSN ManiacMatt1782,
Youtube ManiacMatt1782
#4YomonachiPosted 3/11/2014 12:32:53 PM
Yup, they're fine. What's wrong with a little patriotism? Just like between the companies, faceoffs at states, or supporting your fav football team. Wars always exist, they are not childish. It's human nature.
---
1st in the State (Again), 13th in the Nation :) PSN: Soruichi_Kitty
"Try laughing some more."
#5NCPwnPosted 3/11/2014 12:34:11 PM
There is no competition. 98% of games are cross platform. You get maybe 10 or so real exclusives for each console.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#6Joey-ZazaPosted 3/11/2014 12:34:16 PM
Yeah except when fanboys act like Seatle Fans and one day someone is going to literally be killed.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#7Tekadu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 12:53:09 PM
NCPwn posted...
There is no competition. 98% of games are cross platform. You get maybe 10 or so real exclusives for each console.

Man if only xbox 1 had more rpgs and Jrpg. I know it is cool to hate on them, but I love my options.
#8Orange_ApplesPosted 3/11/2014 12:54:26 PM
I agree that console wars are a good thing, but there is a time and a place. Console boards are not that place and I would prefer we had a console war board that had a button where you could vote PS4, XB1, WiiU or PC. You get 1 vote every 24 hours and the counter resets every week.

Sure there would be chaos, but at least it could be better contained.
#9universaldavePosted 3/11/2014 12:56:22 PM
The competition is good... fanboy bickering is HORRIBLE.
---
Gamefaqs: where men who can't get dates take every opportunity to tell everyone about their incredibly high standards when it comes to women.