Titanfall is now out. Do you think it is bigger than CoD4?

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 3/11/2014 12:15:04 PM(edited)
Title^ - Results (104 votes)
(1) Yes, it is bigger than CoD4.
15.38% (16 votes)
(2) It's almost as big as CoD4.
1.92% (2 votes)
(3) Too soon to tell, I haven't played it enough.
11.54% (12 votes)
(4) Too soon to tell, current opinions are either affected by excessive hype or negative bias.
8.65% (9 votes)
(5) It's not as big as CoD4.
62.5% (65 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm liking it a lot, but I feel like this for any popular twitch shooter that's been hyped up as much (like with BO2). I think I'll know what I truly like or dislike only within 1-3 months from now.

What did you guys answer?

EDIT: By the way, by "as big as," I mean in both quality AND widespread popularity/sales.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#2WhiteAngel50Posted 3/11/2014 12:21:13 PM
It's better than any other call of duty game. I do feel it's like when cod4 came out. It's fresh, exciting, etc but cod4 will always have a special place in my heart. It's too special ;)

I love you bros!
---
Let me love you!
#3Joey-ZazaPosted 3/11/2014 12:22:52 PM
I think the discs are the same size.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#4regsantotomasPosted 3/11/2014 12:28:55 PM
I don't see how TitanFall could be as big as CoD from a usage and popularity standpoint.

Is it a more fun game, for me it is based solely on my limited experience with the beta. I'll know more tonight and in the weeks to come.

Could it ultimately usurp CoD's position at the top - maybe but not likely this version.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#5Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 3/11/2014 12:43:18 PM
I like what I've played of it more so far but it isn't on as many systems as CoD. So it is basically impossible to match it in terms of sales numbers lol.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#6PorungaPosted 3/11/2014 12:58:04 PM
No, it is not as big as CoD4 was. CoD4 was on systems with a much higher install base, on more platforms, and was at the height of its popularity. Titanfall is a brand new IP. Despite doing well, it is new, and largely untested. Give it time, and possibly a few sequels and it very well could beat CoD at its height. It could pretty easily beat CoD now, because CoD is collapsing faster than a sandcastle in a hurricane.
#7ZeusthagodPosted 3/11/2014 1:00:29 PM
CoD4 was massive and changed the industry. Titanfall will not have the same type of impact but it's a significant game for the early stages of the Xbox One life cycle.
---
A wise man told me "don't argue with fools"
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 3/11/2014 1:33:48 PM
CoD4 wasn't really hyped. It came out of the blue.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#9ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 5:16:26 PM
bumpity
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#10MastaMugenPosted 3/11/2014 5:28:10 PM
Most likely not this one but i have a feeling TF2 will be this Gen's Halo 2. Everything here with hopefully customization and a better story telling approach (I like the way it is, i just want it expanded with more story) It will all depend it they rush a sequel or take their time to make a balanced masterpiece (Halo 2) time will tell...

I don't think it's bigger than CoD 4, it was such a change of pace for the time. Love it or hate it, it did spawn, what? 8 years of copy cat's? It did so for a reason. I don't see this atm changing the fps genre as a whole like that did, regardless of how good it is (it's damn good)
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml