This is the reason why games should not be online only

#1Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/11/2014 6:24:27 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/03/11/xbox-live-down-on-titanfall-launch-day/

I like the game, it's fun but there really should be offline modes for the game, at least to practice with bots, I know the cloud powers the AI but seriously, it shouldn't take that much resources for the AI, if you played the game you know what I mean.

Really hope offline mode gets patched in.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#2mokmuudPosted 3/11/2014 6:26:08 PM
That would be a massive patch
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#3Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 6:28:17 PM
mokmuud posted...
That would be a massive patch

It really wouldn't be that big, maybe a GB if that.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#4dclownprincePosted 3/11/2014 6:34:35 PM
Lol how do you think I feel. Not only did I buy the TF bundle, I was one of the 2 that didn't see any problems with the digital and always online. Now if you excuse me I'll continue to wipe the egg from my face and hope I can log on tomorrow
---
Move or get moved on
#5OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/11/2014 6:34:48 PM
It wouldn't really matter anyway though, doesn't the xbone use some ingenious system that locks down save game files when not connected to the internet or something?
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#6unclekoolaid73Posted 3/11/2014 6:36:19 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
It wouldn't really matter anyway though, doesn't the xbone use some ingenious system that locks down save game files when not connected to the internet or something?

Nope.
#7FranknFeinsteinPosted 3/11/2014 6:37:53 PM
Agreed.
#8NeoMonkPosted 3/11/2014 6:38:20 PM
Not only should games be MP only but they should also be discless.
So before you actually are told that you can't play it online you have to spend hours downloading it...
Unless you know... the servers crash :P
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#9Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 7:08:17 PM
dclownprince posted...
Lol how do you think I feel. Not only did I buy the TF bundle, I was one of the 2 that didn't see any problems with the digital and always online. Now if you excuse me I'll continue to wipe the egg from my face and hope I can log on tomorrow

I don't recall any online only game (MMOs mostly) that didn't have issues with connections on launch, but this game could easily have an offline mode at least.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#10BrockObamaPosted 3/11/2014 7:20:04 PM
Respawn got it right. Shooters have no business being anything but online. Private matches on LAN are good too if the game can be played competitively.

Single-player shooter games are a thing of the past. The market is dwindling. Players that get through substantial parts of a campaign are now the exception, not the rule.