This is the reason why games should not be online only

#31rgwPosted 3/11/2014 9:30:20 PM
I never had any problems. But I was busy all day and didn't play it until 10ish
---
rgw
--
#32PoweredMilkManPosted 3/11/2014 9:33:39 PM
respawn gave a reason why they didn't have a multiplayer, "small % of people play them and they are only a 60man team"
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#33aheroafakePosted 3/11/2014 9:37:25 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
aheroafake posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
dclownprince posted...
Lol how do you think I feel. Not only did I buy the TF bundle, I was one of the 2 that didn't see any problems with the digital and always online. Now if you excuse me I'll continue to wipe the egg from my face and hope I can log on tomorrow

I don't recall any online only game (MMOs mostly) that didn't have issues with connections on launch, but this game could easily have an offline mode at least.

I don't remember any connection issues, nor did I hear about any with Battlefield 1943 when it launched on Xbox 360.

Connection issues now

Irrelevant. You said on launch, not now.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#34CaIiber345Posted 3/11/2014 9:35:03 PM
Wow. People get really defensive around here. I think that it's very fair to discuss an offline bot mode for any online game. It's a relevant topic in the shifting market towards online-only games on consoles. If you have an issue with TC and whatever questionable posting history he has, that's one thing. But the topic is relevant whether you like it or not.

And the outage, while not the end of the world, is significant. What if Xbox One had ended up as an online-only console? 5 million Xbox One owners would have $500 bricks whenever the LIVE service was down in the worst case scenario. More likely than not, most outages would probably only affect smaller portions of the user base. I'd love to see people's reactions to that.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9slheCJkK1rcrscgo1_500.gif
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Destiny
#35aheroafakePosted 3/11/2014 9:41:37 PM(edited)
Caliber, I highly doubt there would be 5 million Xbox One console owners if Microsoft kept the system as an online only console. I sure as hell wouldn't own one.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#36BrockObamaPosted 3/11/2014 9:43:34 PM
Wildspark posted...
BrockObama posted...
Respawn got it right. Shooters have no business being anything but online. Private matches on LAN are good too if the game can be played competitively.

Single-player shooter games are a thing of the past. The market is dwindling. Players that get through substantial parts of a campaign are now the exception, not the rule.

I wouldn't want to play Bioshock infinite online.

Yeah, and how is the company that made Bioshock Infinite doing right about now? That's not to say Bioshock Infinite is a bad game - but it came out near the end of an era in which single-player shooters such as that are profitable. Those days have come to an end. Irrational Games cashed in and is moving on.

Bioshock Infinite is a phenomenal game. There's no doubt about that. But, games like that are backward-looking. Spending lots of resources developing games like that just isn't where the $$$ is for developers. It's not what the average consumer wants. And, it's not good enough to only be a million-seller any more. The 90's are over.

Respawn is very tuned in to what's hot right now, and what's going to be hot for the next generation. Respawn is attempting to capitalize on that. There's no need to waste resources on a campaign that no one cares about.
#37Ironman06Posted 3/11/2014 9:46:06 PM
I had no problems
#38DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/11/2014 10:23:57 PM
No a bot mode is completely irrelevant. If we wanted a topic about bots, thats what should have been made. Instead, TC is just trying to make another pathetic attack on the Xbox One like he has been doing for months up until it launched and apparently is now continuing to do.

No one cares about bots and the discussion is quite irrelevant. The problem to be solved here is to GET RID OF SERVICE OUTAGES. The people who can't play TF are screaming "WTF, let us play the game!" not "DUDE, Give us boooooooot matches!"
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#39Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 11:22:15 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
No a bot mode is completely irrelevant. If we wanted a topic about bots, thats what should have been made. Instead, TC is just trying to make another pathetic attack on the Xbox One like he has been doing for months up until it launched and apparently is now continuing to do.

No one cares about bots and the discussion is quite irrelevant. The problem to be solved here is to GET RID OF SERVICE OUTAGES. The people who can't play TF are screaming "WTF, let us play the game!" not "DUDE, Give us boooooooot matches!"

What do you mean, bots are irrelevant, a huge portion of the gameplay is focused around the bots. Why are you so damn delusional, can't people have a discussion of what could be needed in a game without the MDF coming in making accusation of ones intent? My intent is, it would be great if there was an offline bot mode, for times you want to practice without having to get online, or if you can't get online to play due to outage in your area, Xbox Live is down, etc. I cannot think off hand of any FPS MP game other than the MMO based ones that does not have an offline mode, except this one.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#40DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/11/2014 11:41:15 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
What do you mean, bots are irrelevant, a huge portion of the gameplay is focused around the bots. Why are you so damn delusional, can't people have a discussion of what could be needed in a game without the MDF coming in making accusation of ones intent? My intent is, it would be great if there was an offline bot mode, for times you want to practice without having to get online, or if you can't get online to play due to outage in your area, Xbox Live is down, etc. I cannot think off hand of any FPS MP game other than the MMO based ones that does not have an offline mode, except this one.

And what does your limited gaming experience + your silly accusations have anything to do with Titanfall?

A bot practice mode can benefit any game, not just Titanfall. You made it about Titanfall because you've been a butthurt fanboy for a long time. I am no MDF. As soon as the Xbox One launched, I was basically attacking it for weeks until I stopped posting. In fact, the thing I've posted about the most on this board is how Xbox One is inferior to Xbox 360 and it still is.

Please don't confuse us pointing out your transparency with us being fans of MS. Bots has nothing to do with Titanfall. You even went with the silly "but the game has bots!" argument even though you knew we were talking about a pure bot mode. Bots in the background aren't even comparable to a gameplay mode with bots.

You are trying to pretend this is about bots when nothing you talk about actually has anything to do with bots in general and all about bashing TF for no SP mode and pretending its a major concern for people when you are the only one championing it.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H