This is the reason why games should not be online only

#41Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 12:09:04 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
What do you mean, bots are irrelevant, a huge portion of the gameplay is focused around the bots. Why are you so damn delusional, can't people have a discussion of what could be needed in a game without the MDF coming in making accusation of ones intent? My intent is, it would be great if there was an offline bot mode, for times you want to practice without having to get online, or if you can't get online to play due to outage in your area, Xbox Live is down, etc. I cannot think off hand of any FPS MP game other than the MMO based ones that does not have an offline mode, except this one.

And what does your limited gaming experience + your silly accusations have anything to do with Titanfall?

A bot practice mode can benefit any game, not just Titanfall. You made it about Titanfall because you've been a butthurt fanboy for a long time. I am no MDF. As soon as the Xbox One launched, I was basically attacking it for weeks until I stopped posting. In fact, the thing I've posted about the most on this board is how Xbox One is inferior to Xbox 360 and it still is.

Please don't confuse us pointing out your transparency with us being fans of MS. Bots has nothing to do with Titanfall. You even went with the silly "but the game has bots!" argument even though you knew we were talking about a pure bot mode. Bots in the background aren't even comparable to a gameplay mode with bots.

You are trying to pretend this is about bots when nothing you talk about actually has anything to do with bots in general and all about bashing TF for no SP mode and pretending its a major concern for people when you are the only one championing it.

I made it about Titanfall because Titanfall doesn't have an offline mode period, why would I mention BF4, which you can play against bots, aka the campaign, etc.

See, this is where you're delusional, what am I a fanboy of? I am the only person concern about no SP mode/offline mode for TF? Odd, reviews even commented on it. Right, I'm the only one. I never in my life seen anyone like you, what is the big problem with Titanfall having an offline mode?

Team Fortress 2, the best MP FPS ever, has offline mode which you can play with bots. Counter-Strike, can play with bots offline. So when I say Titanfall would be even better with an offline mode with bots, you come in here with your dribblish that doesn't even make sense, you have yet to provide any valid reasoning as to why it shouldn't , but yet you respond with constant ad hominem.

The point of the topic is to point out that games should not be exclusive to online only unless it's of a game where the world is ever changing and is a requirement, but for a game of this type, it should have an offline mode, no reason for it not to. Xbox Live down, can't play, Internet down, can't play, that is one example of it, other reasoning are, you can play against bots to explore, learn things, just mindlessly blast bots for the fun of it.

Basically, Titanfall as it is right now is 100% online DRM all the time. Do you support Online 24/7 DRM?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#42TheeLeehamPosted 3/12/2014 1:49:57 AM
What should Sony have done differently to prevent that broken PS4 you received TC?
#43Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 2:17:17 AM
TheeLeeham posted...
What should Sony have done differently to prevent that broken PS4 you received TC?

I dunno, probably the same thing that Microsoft should have did to prevent those broken Xbox Ones.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#44DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/12/2014 7:46:20 AM
Oh man, TC is so desperate. Apparently, BF4 has bot matches because it has a campaign... Yes, bot matches are just the same as a campaign and that is how people regularly use the language.

You are reaching so hard right now...

Also, Counter Strike had an extreme lack of content when it released. Its fame was justified by the fact that it was FREE. Its a shadow of what Titanfall offers. Neither CS nor TF have good bots and it is but a mere afterthought compared to the core gameplay. No one cares that TF2 doesn't have boughts. Reviewers complain about the lack of SP? You mean the same reviewers who will regularly mark down a game even though it has an amazing online because it has a bad SP?

Lets just look at BF4. Gametrailers is one of the FEW sites who said "hey, we aren't going to mark BF4 down at all for its terrible campaign. In fact, IGNORE the campaign and the MP is a 9/10 hence the score is 9/10".

Other sites praised the online but bashed its brief and crappy SP gameplay, pulling the average score down. Thats just how it happens. When you build an SP mode, people think you need to deliver a great experience to those buying it for the SP (even though I am sure very few people buy BF4 for the SP...).

The only person here failing is you. You claim you want "bot matches". Apparently, now you mean bot matches as in a SINGLE PLAYER MODE, which is a huge drain on resources that a small studio like Respawn clearly did not have to spare. The only person here failing is you. You haven't provided a single good reason for why they should have wasted any time on bot matches (which there is no demand for) or an extensive single player mode that would have drastically cut into the quality of the MP game.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#45DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/12/2014 7:46:48 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TheeLeeham posted...

I dunno, probably the same thing that Microsoft should have did to prevent those broken Xbox Ones.

Yeah, way to prove you are not a fanboy!
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#46DarkHolesPosted 3/12/2014 7:51:16 AM
BrockObama posted...
Respawn got it right. Shooters have no business being anything but online. Private matches on LAN are good too if the game can be played competitively.

Single-player shooter games are a thing of the past. The market is dwindling. Players that get through substantial parts of a campaign are now the exception, not the rule.

This but some games are an exception though, ie fallout, half life, gears of war etc. They're all shooters and have amazing story.
#47ScRuiPosted 3/12/2014 8:07:16 AM
I enjoy and play all COD, BF etc.. campaigns... But ill have to say out of all my gaming friends I am the exception...

No one buys a fps competitive shooter for its campaign... If you do its really a waste of your money... I buy them for multiplayer and I believe the decision Respawn made was a great one and it shows on how titanfall plays, feels and looks...

Just pure fun and addiction... I myself am very surprised on how I could just play attrition over and over and over for many hours and never felt like I need to change it up and play hardpoint... I'm a huge COD, BF fan and I can't go more than few matches in one game type without switching...

I'm level 37 in Titanfall and all I've played is both sides of the campaign multi and attrition... Not once have I felt, 'Ooo let me change it up, bored with TDM'.. very surprised...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#48AzaneAzerPosted 3/12/2014 8:36:59 AM(edited)
chrish909 posted...
Its amazing how long trolls come to a specific forum. I would like to see some sort of documentary about their mindset and logic. Xbox live has been running fine for me all day. Every online game has problems on release day, is it gong to be a 1-2 day problem or a month and a half like psn.

It's not a problem
It's not my problem
BUT SONY

Your logic progression in 1 paragraph is astounding.

In response to most the DRM posts;

This is what every other week would be if they left in "All our customers are dirty pirates" mode, anytime a large multiplayer release hits, or major patch ihts, you have -Millions- Connectng to server infastructure that isn't made for peak traffic, it's made for about 20% less.

How do online only games fix server issues when their stress spikes? They wait for a bunch of people to get frustrated and go away, so their servers can manage.

You've seen this time and time again with pretty much every online only game, WoW actually upgraded their servers Yearly, and has really solid infastructure, but still falls prey to this on super major Tier patches and expansions, Other MMOs mostly overshoot their sales rate and have servers set up for wow level popuplations but barely break half of their goal on a spike (part of why they die so quick, they all over-spend on hardware/bandwidth)

Until companies get forced to have legitimate infastructure before charging subscriptions, this will keep happening.

as far as "shooters don't need single player" - no, no, no, Some shooters don't, Dudebro games, Call of Duty, Titfanfalls, Halos and Battlefields don't need single player, because they're shallow and rely on other players to create the fun. The Deus Ex's, Half Lifes, Fallout (3d generation) and Far Crys tell us that a shooter can create and interesting story and world for single player, but you'll notice none of those have a fleshed out multiplayer as well. Gears of War (Before the crap later) was one of those games that had both pretty well done.

But We've seen this issue before, and it's been really frustrating when it's a game that could be single player, but has tacked on online, games like Diablo Auction House Tycoon, Scam City, and the likes that would of avoided most of the issues if they didnt go for "ALL OUR CUSTOMERS MUST BE PIRATES" mode.
#49method115Posted 3/12/2014 8:33:13 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
dclownprince posted...
Lol how do you think I feel. Not only did I buy the TF bundle, I was one of the 2 that didn't see any problems with the digital and always online. Now if you excuse me I'll continue to wipe the egg from my face and hope I can log on tomorrow

I don't recall any online only game (MMOs mostly) that didn't have issues with connections on launch, but this game could easily have an offline mode at least.

Yea I've been playing online games since before consoles even knew what that was and I can't think of one game that didn't have issues at launch. The more popular the game the more issues it had.
---
PSN: method114
#50Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:13:04 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TheeLeeham posted...

Yeah, way to prove you are not a fanboy!

Let me add up how much sense your post made.

0+0=0
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2