After a day of Xbox One...

#1flame030191Posted 3/11/2014 11:33:57 PM
Well, not a full day considering I had to work two shifts today, but I got my Xbox One at the midnight launch and played before and after work.

After playing Forza 5 more extensively, trying Ghosts on the Xbox One, and playing Titanfall (reached level 9 so far, I think),

I have to say Titanfall is a pleasant surprise. Anyone who remembers me likely knows that I disliked the beta, I felt it was too chaotic and just unoriginal, but the full game seems to be better aside from EA's infamous lagging. Even with that, I think it's my favorite of the games so far.

Forza 5 is really great, I love the controls and the impulse trigger usage in the game as well as the graphics and the tracks themselves. The drivatars are also neat features, but outside of that, I think Gran Turismo 6 holds a small candle over it for easier to use UI as well as better physics and more unique settings (such as driving on the moon). Still a great investment.

Ghosts is a disappointment. I've been playing on PS3 and PS4 a lot so I expected it to be as good as the PS4 version, if not better. It doesn't have the framerate issues, but the community makes it terrible (everyone I've seen was camping and the one other guy I saw rushing with me reported me for "Unsporting Behavior"). As for the game itself, my main issue is that it inexplicably constantly loads me into the next mission of the campaign before I can do anything and I cannot figure out how to stop this. I also need to stay quiet when I'm in the menus, it seems, as it otherwise tries to use the Ghosts Menu voice commands. Expected much better from the console they tried to make the best version of this game for.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. I plan on getting Battlefield 4 if I can get a good price on it and may borrow Ryse from my brother. Any other games I should check out? Keep in mind I do have a PS4 as well, so some games I may have already played or may even own.
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
X1/PS4/PS3/360 gamer. Proud to be a God of War fan. http://imgur.com/APaWnBD
#2WinnsockPosted 3/11/2014 11:36:59 PM
Killer Instinct is awesome, but don't get it if you don't like fighting games. It's got a good combo system that's universal for all characters but there's a lot more depth once you start digging. And the dojo mode is one of the best tutorials in all of gaming. Also, the netcode is unbelievably good. Even if you don't like fighting games, you might as well try the free version.
---
GT: Winnsock
#3flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2014 11:41:40 PM
Winnsock posted...
Killer Instinct is awesome, but don't get it if you don't like fighting games. It's got a good combo system that's universal for all characters but there's a lot more depth once you start digging. And the dojo mode is one of the best tutorials in all of gaming. Also, the netcode is unbelievably good. Even if you don't like fighting games, you might as well try the free version.

Yeah I have it downloaded but considering the only fighting games to have held my interest were Smash Bros and PS All Stars, I don't have much confidence in enjoying the game much.
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
X1/PS4/PS3/360 gamer. Proud to be a God of War fan. http://imgur.com/APaWnBD
#4snowboard340Posted 3/11/2014 11:46:49 PM
flame030191 posted...
Winnsock posted...

Yeah I have it downloaded but considering the only fighting games to have held my interest were Smash Bros and PS All Stars, I don't have much confidence in enjoying the game much.

I don't really enjoy fighting games all that much (except sony and nintendo smash bros), but it held my interest for about 10 hours of game time. It's easy to get into is most likely why.
#5Spetsnaz420Posted 3/11/2014 11:48:11 PM
I wouldn't recommend the X1 version of BF4 if you have a PS4...or even better a PC
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#6CapwnDPosted 3/11/2014 11:49:14 PM
Dead Rising 3. Pretty much the only "next gen" game so far*, besides Titanfall, and probably Infamous.

*I never played Ryse, and I can't comment on Forza because I can't play it until there is a wheel solution for me, a wheel that works as good as or better than my Fanatec CSR Elite with Clubsport2 Pedals. I'd rather stick with Forza 4 and GT6.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#7WinnsockPosted 3/11/2014 11:55:32 PM
flame030191 posted...
Winnsock posted...

Oh well, glad you at least downloaded it so you can give it a try. It's a good game, but probably not a game for you.
---
GT: Winnsock
#8Rdeal2Posted 3/12/2014 2:35:24 AM
Ghost has menu voice commands? i have played it for about 60 hours and never knew that