Does anybody else feel disappointed by Titanfall at all...? Even a little..?

#21squarex8264Posted 3/12/2014 10:54:10 AM
I was actually a bit wary of the multiplayer campaign, but after playing through the Militia side last night, I think they handled it really well. I wouldn't mind if there were more cinematic multiplayer campaigns set up this way in the future, maybe with exclusive maps or set pieces.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#22Keybored123Posted 3/12/2014 10:59:34 AM
chex81 posted...
Nope, better than I expected.

I have low expectations for console FPS games

so when I played titanfall today I was pleasantly surprised how good of a game it was ...expectations definitely exceeded
#23TBONE_OGPosted 3/12/2014 11:02:52 AM(edited)
stargazer1981 posted...
chex81 posted...

Yep. Exceeded my expectations. It's addictive as balls.

You have balls. I like balls.

I love your balls!

Oh and I love Titanfall as well. Not disappointed at all. Great fun game.
---
Always O.G.
#24HMXTaylor_LeePosted 3/12/2014 11:02:55 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I'm not disappointed in the game as much as I'm borderline disappointed in myself for buying it. Shooters and I don't get along, and we parted ways years ago. I'm terrible at them, and that's the root cause of the hulk-like rage they send me into.

I thought I'd take a chance on Titanfall, and see if my ways had changed.

Nope. I still suck, and after the 11th time I had to watch my derpy-ass avatar spinning around on screen looking for targets during the kill cam, in one match, I could already feel the anger rising. Perhaps it will be poetic when the controller that inevitably shatters my plasma screen ends up being a branded Titanfall controller.

Maybe I should stick to Animal Crossing.

This post deserves recognition for it's sheer honesty. I'm just as bad at shooting games, so I made sure to avoid this title for the same reasons. I have honestly lost count of how many controllers I've broken due to sheer anger brought on by online gaming.
#25outcast1398Posted 3/12/2014 11:04:02 AM
BigSnappaX posted...
no.... i do wish there was a single player mode tho, or a sorta story mode

Ditto. While the whole idea about doing MP only I get, really do get it, but that's usually because the CoD series has gotten so bad at the campaign that many don't even bother with it. I could see a TF campaign being a lot of fun if done right (duh though as anything can be, but given the settings, titans, etc).

I use to buy CoD just for the MP. (did complete the MF series SP though)

I buy Halo more for both. While I don't play the MP as much, both aspects are important to me.

Given this is not a yearly release (right?) I would be down for free episodes kinda like Spartan Ops, or even paid dlc if there is substance that makes it worth the $.... but I digress.
#268waystomondayPosted 3/12/2014 11:04:43 AM
I wish the level max wasnt at 50 and there where more items to unlock
---
"Sugar enriched flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, polysorbate 60 and yellow dye #5. Everything a growin' boy needs."
#27kennyynnooPosted 3/12/2014 11:04:52 AM
I wasn't going to buy, I'm somewhat surprised I enjoy it. I had little hopes though that it's going to be that great.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#28Skynet82997Posted 3/12/2014 11:05:21 AM
stargazer1981 posted...
chex81 posted...

Yep. Exceeded my expectations. It's addictive as balls.

Yep - same here. It's incredible.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#29garainePosted 3/12/2014 11:30:42 AM
gohoanq posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...
A great multiplayer game that really delivers. At least with TF you know what you're getting into before you buy it.

The pre-release hype has been a gift and curse. The hype really helped market the game and get people talking about it, but it also inflated the expectations of it as well.

So now it's basically Battlefied 4 and Titanfall for my FPS fix.

Yea I wasn't going to buy the game after playing 1 match in the beta. BUT at the last second I decided why not? ... I don't hate it at all, it's no better or worse than any other FPS I've played recently, it has really cool moments, etc. but at the end of the day? I feel it's just a fairly generic shooter covered by really freaking cool wrapping. lol
---

I agree with most of what you said except the use of the word generic to describe it. Especially before saying it has a really freaking cool wrapping. If you look at the word generic and the way its applied in most cases. Its just that really freaking cool wrapping that separates the non generic from the generic.
#30SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/12/2014 11:33:53 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I'm not disappointed in the game as much as I'm borderline disappointed in myself for buying it. Shooters and I don't get along, and we parted ways years ago. I'm terrible at them, and that's the root cause of the hulk-like rage they send me into.

I thought I'd take a chance on Titanfall, and see if my ways had changed.

Nope. I still suck, and after the 11th time I had to watch my derpy-ass avatar spinning around on screen looking for targets during the kill cam, in one match, I could already feel the anger rising. Perhaps it will be poetic when the controller that inevitably shatters my plasma screen ends up being a branded Titanfall controller.

Maybe I should stick to Animal Crossing.

That was a fantastic story. Maybe you should take the reflex out of your name?
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Killer Instinct, Killzone: SF, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored