Does anybody else feel disappointed by Titanfall at all...? Even a little..?

#71gohoanq(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 12:17:25 PM
skermac posted...
TC topic failed, 41 posts and no one is disappointed at all. Try again tc.

Anytime I see you post you're trying to piss someone off lol

I've seen several people say they were disappointed.

That's not the point though is it? I just wanted to know people's honest feelings on the game. I feel it could be a lot "better" but it's not "bad" either. It's just a little disappointing to me.

By the way I stated in my original post NO FANBOYS yet here you are. :)
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#72Treeherder41Posted 3/12/2014 12:21:25 PM
Nope, been loving it. It's very much CoD in the menu and perks/set up but game play is nothing like CoD.

I think it's pakour that really changes things. Once you master it, the game play itself opens up and it's nothing like CoD.

My only complaint about the game is that I think it needs like a ready check on the lobby instead of a big 90 seconds in between games. If your ready hit ready and if everybody is ready the game should go on.

Also, I wish you could name your titan. =( Mine would be "Big Sexy" for the Orge.
#73MRL3G3NDPosted 3/12/2014 12:22:50 PM
Yeah they campaign is a load of crap...it's a sure sign of a rushed product. They made nothing out of nothing...

all it is is voice tracks before an online match

I think all review sites were paid off...most games take a serious hit for a blah SP...or a nice SP, and a blah MP...Titanfall should have gotten a 7.5 for the lack of that...

dude... halo gets 9 and it has 4 player co-op, with cutscenes...vehicles to get in, fly...tons of weapons...

yeah they got all paid off for this...

Don't get me wrong I am enjoying it...but a 9? Hell noooo
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#74Prefect99Posted 3/12/2014 12:40:39 PM
Game play itself no gripes...matchmaking big gripes:

I was not able to play until after 6pm eastern time yesterday because of work. When I started to play the matching of teams was just awful. My first team was all level 10 or lower, and the other team was all level 30 or higher. After getting raped for a few games I quit and joined a different game. The users were different, but the balance was EXACTLY the same. No one on my team was over level 10, no one on the other teams was under level 30. I bounced around like for over an hour an EVERY match was (un)balanced exactly like this. I never saw a single user level 11-29 the entire time.
---
Now Playing: AC: NL (3DS),SMT 4 (3DS), Monster Hunter (3DS/Wii U), Saints Row 4 (360), Persona 4 (Vita), Dragon's Crown (Vita)
#75Charity_DiaryPosted 3/12/2014 12:45:10 PM
TalesOfGod posted...
Actually, I am.

It was a huge disappointment when I played the beta a while ago.
It ended up in me not buying the game when I realized that it is the same thing over and over again.

Heck, it made me want to play other games after I got bored in an hour or two which is pretty horrible for a beta.

This. I feel the same way.

TalesOfGod. You and me... we're friends now.

Like, I am so underwhelmed by the beta (and the full release) that I am craving games like Battlefield and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Games that actually require thinking, strategy, a steady trigger finger, and decent movement skills.

Titanfall is just way too easy. Laser beam guns. Wall-run system that is easy as balls. Bots everywhere. I can try my heart out for a whole match and get MVP and everything, but it still feels like I'm not doing anything. And that's fine for the casual audience, but I need a game that rewards me for working hard and improving a variety of growing skills and thought patterns. NOT for killing bots to increase my titan time, or whatever.

This game is simply too easy to be "good" at.
---
GT: Blueberry Whale
<3
#76deathsaber79Posted 3/12/2014 12:50:52 PM
TC is right.

Just wait. Right now everyone is in the honeymoon phase, loving their purchase, buying into the hype that MS paid all the gaming press to spread.

Give it a month- the games lack of content, modes, polish, or really intriguing weaponry, combined with the blah-ness of killing bots and low player count will give this a short shelf life- mark my words. CoD takes a lot of crap, but the reality is, they virtually put 3 games in one every year (single player campaign, competitive MP, and cooperative MP- TItanfall literally has about 1/3 of the content of its peers.

There is a foundation here for something special, but it will come for the sequel once there is AAA level money, time, and resources available to Respawn to develop something bigger.
#778waystomondayPosted 3/12/2014 12:52:39 PM
Charity_Diary posted...
TalesOfGod posted...
Actually, I am.

It was a huge disappointment when I played the beta a while ago.
It ended up in me not buying the game when I realized that it is the same thing over and over again.

Heck, it made me want to play other games after I got bored in an hour or two which is pretty horrible for a beta.

This. I feel the same way.

TalesOfGod. You and me... we're friends now.

Like, I am so underwhelmed by the beta (and the full release) that I am craving games like Battlefield and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Games that actually require thinking, strategy, a steady trigger finger, and decent movement skills.

Titanfall is just way too easy. Laser beam guns. Wall-run system that is easy as balls. Bots everywhere. I can try my heart out for a whole match and get MVP and everything, but it still feels like I'm not doing anything. And that's fine for the casual audience, but I need a game that rewards me for working hard and improving a variety of growing skills and thought patterns. NOT for killing bots to increase my titan time, or whatever.

This game is simply too easy to be "good" at.

This is why fighting games are my favorite online genre, nothing gets my hear racing like a great online fighting game match
---
"Sugar enriched flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, polysorbate 60 and yellow dye #5. Everything a growin' boy needs."
#78VRViperIIPosted 3/12/2014 12:55:27 PM
Needs a poll. And definitely not disappointed.
---
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rheagar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Valar Morghulis
#79GondolinRisesPosted 3/12/2014 12:57:03 PM
I'm disappointed with the lack of depth the game has. It's fun but there isn't much to it.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#80RevenancedPosted 3/12/2014 1:03:21 PM
No more than I was by Dark Souls 2.
---
-[PS4 Owner][XB1 Owner][FF Fan][Tales of Fan][Black Ops Fan][Mass Effect Fan][Elder Scrolls Fan][FF12 = Worst Game Ever]-
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC