Does anybody else feel disappointed by Titanfall at all...? Even a little..?

#91skermacPosted 3/12/2014 2:24:32 PM
Xfma100 posted...
FranknFeinstein posted...
Xfma100 posted...
I haven't played the game yet, but I was disappointed to find out how many game modes the game launched with. (There are like 5 playlists?)

DLC coming soon.

Free DLC or paid DLC?

Either is fine with me as long as there is some. Cant expect something for free.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#92Xfma100Posted 3/12/2014 2:29:39 PM
skermac posted...
Xfma100 posted...
FranknFeinstein posted...
Xfma100 posted...
I haven't played the game yet, but I was disappointed to find out how many game modes the game launched with. (There are like 5 playlists?)

DLC coming soon.

Free DLC or paid DLC?

Either is fine with me as long as there is some. Cant expect something for free.

You can when the game is a $60 multiplayer-only game and only has like 5 game modes. I understand paying for more maps, but most game modes should be free.
---
3DS FC: 2251-4407-1145
IGN: George
#93EvilDarksidePosted 3/12/2014 2:34:14 PM
No, not in the slightest.
#94Jedi454Posted 3/12/2014 2:44:42 PM(edited)
Absolutely TC. First off, I want to address that they're asking full price for this game. Now for the more important bits, the game only has 5 multiplayer modes, each are suited to the casual shooter gamer community. So that being said, there aren't any modes for competitive gamers and it doesn't look like there'll be any support for it. The next important bit, is that there is a campaign, but they're forcing you to play through it to unlock stuff like Ogre Titans, so you have to go online to get into a game then play through to unlock it and the campaign consists of the same two multiplayer modes for each level of the campaign throughout the campaign.

The game only features 6 v 6 which is fine, but they haven't made competitive modes so what is there to enjoy when playing online by yourself? Playing with 5 other randoms in a normal game mode like attrition and if they have no idea what they're (most don't) then you will either team carry or lose against a much stronger team with people that are playing in a group.

Weapon customisation and load outs aren't very flexible from what i've seen so far, there isn't much variety to keep you in and try other load out, etc..

The game is made for what most people here on the forums are, Casual gamers. Adults that work 8-10 hours a day, play an hour here and there before they do other stuff with their kids/ or wife or husband/ finance/ boy or girl friend or whatever. The game is also made for children that are new to the FPS genre.

Sorry guys if you feel negative towards what I have said, but this is all just my opinion.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#95Charity_DiaryPosted 3/12/2014 3:12:05 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Absolutely TC. First off, I want to address that they're asking full price for this game. Now for the more important bits, the game only has 5 multiplayer modes, each are suited to the casual shooter gamer community. So that being said, there aren't any modes for competitive gamers and it doesn't look like there'll be any support for it. The next important bit, is that there is a campaign, but they're forcing you to play through it to unlock stuff like Ogre Titans, so you have to go online to get into a game then play through to unlock it and the campaign consists of the same two multiplayer modes for each level of the campaign throughout the campaign.

The game only features 6 v 6 which is fine, but they haven't made competitive modes so what is there to enjoy when playing online by yourself? Playing with 5 other randoms in a normal game mode like attrition and if they have no idea what they're (most don't) then you will either team carry or lose against a much stronger team with people that are playing in a group.

Weapon customisation and load outs aren't very flexible from what i've seen so far, there isn't much variety to keep you in and try other load out, etc..

The game is made for what most people here on the forums are, Casual gamers. Adults that work 8-10 hours a day, play an hour here and there before they do other stuff with their kids/ or wife or husband/ finance/ boy or girl friend or whatever. The game is also made for children that are new to the FPS genre.

Sorry guys if you feel negative towards what I have said, but this is all just my opinion.

Exactly.
---
GT: Blueberry Whale
<3
#96Chanfan02Posted 3/12/2014 4:27:46 PM
It is not a must purchase to me personally. I rented it from GameFly to see if I would think it was worth it but it isn't to me at $60. I am having more fun playing PvZ Garden Warfare because it actually feels unique to me.

Titanfall just doesn't feel as different to me as it does to everyone else. It is to bare bones as well. It has a good amount of maps but it has a lack of game modes, no private matches, and a lack of weapons, so I'll wait till it is cheaper to purchase it.
---
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan
#97chex81Posted 3/12/2014 4:36:29 PM
Jedi454 posted...

The game is made for what most people here on the forums are, Casual gamers. Adults that work 8-10 hours a day, play an hour here and there before they do other stuff with their kids/ or wife or husband/ finance/ boy or girl friend or whatever.

I can agree with this, I'm that guy that just wants to unwind to a fun game for an hour or so here and there.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#98UtterMoonPosted 3/12/2014 4:56:10 PM
Yes...bought it on PC, and I played the Demo when it was out a little while ago...

Some of the levels are way, way too big..and with such a small number of players it can feel a little bit empty at times...and I am not impressed with the addition of bots, which are about as useless as the "monsters" that can be found on some maps.

The weapons are unimaginative...and there are not a lot of them, especially considering that nearly all of them were in the demo...only 1 extra handgun...3 extra Titan weapons...

But the game is fun...it has its moments, I just think it could have been something more...I think Respawn should have taken more risks, and in the end Titanfall was a very, very safe play...and in my opinion rather mediocre.
#99SorbetowulfPosted 3/12/2014 5:40:21 PM
Jedi454 posted...

Personally I think everything you've said about Titanfall is on point. I don't necessarily think that makes this a bad game by any means (actually, personally it's definitely my favourite game on the One, and will likely remain so for a long while), but rather that I think with as much hype as this game has received (easily the most dominant advertising game that's been around for a while), I think that one can be forgiven for being disappointed. Personally, I give this game at least an 8/10, but I can definitely see potential for this getting old in a hurry pending what DLC brings.

However, I will take issue with one thing you've said, quoted above. While I do think this game has been clearly marketed towards casual gamers, I think the notion that most people on the forums are casual gamers. If there were majority casuals here, there wouldn't be nearly as much fanboyism, or trolling and idiocy. Most people that frequent interest-specific forums are more active participants in their interest than mere casuals.

However, your post is greatly appreciated, because instead of merely decrying something negatively, you've made a thorough and well-written documentation of your faults with it. And so a toast.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#100RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/12/2014 7:08:51 PM
Love the game and will be playing it for a very long time.

I do wish there was a Titan free mode though.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf