Xbox One re-designed and without a disc drive

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One re-designed and without a disc drive
1 year ago#1
Is the new version out yet? If not, when will it be released?
1 year ago#2
No and never, by most accounts.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
1 year ago#3
Here's all I found

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/31/cheaper-xbox-one-with-no-blu-ray-drive-due-2014-claim-reports-4285363/
1 year ago#4
That would only make things worse, as it will lose the support of retailers, you can be sure gamestop will tell its employees to push the PS4.
1 year ago#5
Xbox One without the Kinect and half the harddrive space would sell like hot cakes at around $249.99.
1 year ago#6
Izraeil posted...
That would only make things worse, as it will lose the support of retailers, you can be sure gamestop will tell its employees to push the PS4.

That is a good point, I bet many retailers would refuse to stock it.
1 year ago#7
Saxon posted...
Xbox One without the Kinect and half the harddrive space would sell like hot cakes at around $249.99.

There is no way they could get it down to $250 anytime in the near future, they might be able to get down to $350 if they dropped Kinect but whether or not Microsoft is willing to sacrifice the hundreds of millions of dollars it spent developing Kinect is a big question.
1 year ago#8
Microsoft will have it cheaper than 500 bucks by Xmas 2014...that much is certain.
1 year ago#9
Because the PSP Go did so well.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
1 year ago#10
Saxon posted...
Microsoft will have it cheaper than 500 bucks by Xmas 2014...that much is certain.

There's a huge gap between cheaper than 500 and 250.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One re-designed and without a disc drive

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived