Current PS4 owner thinking of getting an Xbox one...questions

#1Hubble105Posted 3/12/2014 6:32:11 PM
Before I ask my questions I just want to say I don't care about specs,framerates and all that jazz. I know they're almost identical. If I cared a lot of about that i'd just buy a gaming PC.

That being said, I'm currently a ps4 owner who's having a bit of a dilemma. I'm thinking of getting an Xbox one but want to know if its currently worth it being that I already own a PS4. Im pretty bored of the current exclusives and really not all that excited for Infamous that drops next week. It seems like its more of the same judging by the gameplay and early previews ( i gave the first games multiple playthroughs)

Multiplats not included, I'm digging the current exclusives out on the one, forza and dead rising seem like deep meaty games with longevity and titanfall seems like a blast. Im just curious if anyone can give me info about the exclusives, Are they long deep games ? replay ? length ? also if I were to get an xbox , id be more inclined to trade my ps4 towards it, to save money and other reasons. Is it worth trading the ps4 towards it or should I wait and just pay for it straight up in a few months ? Basically im just trying to figure out if I missing out on anything.

I know a little research would give me my answers but I like hearing from current owners of the system. Thanks.
#2HaloDad020508Posted 3/12/2014 6:40:08 PM
Well if you aren't planning on playing Infamous I would say get the Xbox one. Titanfall is just insane it brings the fun back to the online shooter and I'm loving it. Dead Rising 3 and Forza are both great games if you're interested in them.
It's a great reliable console I don't regret my purchase at all. Hopefully you will get one. Good luck.
---
Playing COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4 and Diablo 3.
#3ripvisionPosted 3/12/2014 6:42:24 PM
I agree that xbox has a better early line up of games, PS4 games will pick up late this year and next year (just a guess). So if you can't wait, you can get an xb1 now and then PS4 next year when it has more titles.
#4ExarOsPosted 3/12/2014 6:43:19 PM
The X1 has a superior lineup of games at the moment with Ryse, Forza, DR3, KI, PvZ:GW and Titanfall.

So if you are more into gameplay and fun, then yes, get a X1 now while they still have the Titanfall bundle.
---
Current Sony Pony Troll's who invaded the XBONE board on my ignore list: 40
GT: Exar0s / PSN: Exar0s / Wii U: Exar0s
#5jmac1686Posted 3/12/2014 6:49:44 PM
I was always Sony but sold everything and now have the X1 and having an absolute blast. And with tons of great games this year multiplatform or not I am excited.
---
GT: FyreSpirit69 *New to X1 so Add me :)* Currently playing Titanfall, Dead Rising 3
#6avanentPosted 3/12/2014 6:51:34 PM
Its all a pretty big meh for me right now. Most of what's on the one is just more of the same too, just prettier.
#7chex81Posted 3/12/2014 6:57:41 PM
I just got an X1 this past weekend, currently have dead rising 3 and titanfall both are incredible games with tons of replay value.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
#8Wolfx911Posted 3/12/2014 7:05:49 PM
Only reason I'm getting ps4 is because mlb the show looks Amazing and xbox doesn't even have a baseball game , and that's huge for me anyway .
#9psprulz2007Posted 3/12/2014 7:15:59 PM(edited)
I got my PS4 at the end of December. I got my Xbox One exactly 1 month ago. I sold my PS4 yesterday because I have literally not used it since the day I got my Xbox One. I had interest in Infamous but in all honesty I see no reason for myself personally to own a PS4 this year. Next year Im sure Ill invest into another one. But I should of just went X1 first instead of the PS4 like all my friends did.

That being said. I do suggest getting an Xbox One. I am a self proclaimed Sony Pony. I love Sony and I think the PS4 is an amazing system and in the end will be on top of the X1. But to me personally the Xbox One now is worth owning over the PS4.

Also as far as the exclusives go.

Titanfall is the best right now. Its not the second coming of Christ. Its not the greatest game ever made. But its a damn fun game to play. Technical hiccups aside.

Forza 5 in comparison to previous games in the Forza series seems limited. But its still a damn solid racer. Ive spent more time with this game then all the games on PS4 I played combined.

Dead Rising 3 sucked. I hated the other ones not sure why I even bothered this one.

Ryse looks amazing. Gameplay is very basic but fun enough to entertain you. Solid exclusive.
---
GT/PSN- Feelinkorny
Help save a life www.twitch.tv/feelinkorny
#10X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 3/12/2014 7:21:53 PM
As someone who bought a PS4 and is completely satisfied with it...I just bought an XB1 as well, and I'm glad I did.

The way I see it, if you can get a good enough deal on one (around $400 for the console) and you think you'll get one eventually anyway, better now than later. Even if the price drops it most likely won't be more than $100, so you wouldn't be losing much. I bought the console with only a mild interest in a few exclusives like Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and Peggle 2, and I'm still happy with it because I know there will be something I really want to play in the future and I'll have gotten to enjoy its other exclusives until then as well.

If you were planning on buying one new for $500, then maybe I'd suggest waiting it out a little longer or trying to find a good bundle deal. With all the rumors of price drops and bundles appearing every so often, I wouldn't pay the $500 outright for the console unless you're really dying to play some of the exclusives right away.
---
We all give up eventually...