Phil Spencer apologizes It's better to just be direct and honest.

#21axelfooley2k5Posted 3/13/2014 1:03:55 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
They're not admitting anything. They're still trying to make it out as if the uproar was over us not understanding and being confused about their amazing vision, rather than what actually happened; the wholesale rejection from the entire industry of what they wanted to do and how they wanted to do it.

They keep undermining our intelligence by saying "if only we could have made you people understand what we wanted for you, everything would have been different for us!" rather than "clearly we misjudged our fanbase and what they wanted from us, so we're sorry and we're going to try and make it up to you" and everyone here wants to eat it up because people are so attracted to an underdog story, that they'll fill in the blanks themselves.

The problem wasn't their messaging, it was their message Am I off-base?

no you are not
---
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI
#22Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/13/2014 1:04:16 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
GondolinRises posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Xbox employees owning up while $ony employees acting like fanboys on twitter. These companies are going in opposite ways. I'm glad MS is going the way of gamer and being mature. Props MS

Yeah going in opposite ways is true. Sony continues to dominate market share while ms loses market share. And the ms fans more than make up for ms being mature. Look at your posts. Look at all the xbone one troll posts that go unpunished here. Clearly you are being protected. It's a shame. You make this place unbearable.

more pony tears. You guys are falling like flies. SOrry Titanfall makes you so mad.... or is it no games on PS4? Or is it PSN going down? So much MAD!

User Name MastaMugen
User ID 6916078
Board User Level 5: Warned

Keep it coming its delicious!

^

Forever alone
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#23HorridhalPosted 3/13/2014 1:05:06 PM
casper316 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
They're not admitting anything. They're still trying to make it out as if the uproar was over us not understanding and being confused about their amazing vision, rather than what actually happened; the wholesale rejection from the entire industry of what they wanted to do and how they wanted to do it.

They keep undermining our intelligence by saying "if only we could have made you people understand what we wanted for you, everything would have been different for us!" rather than "clearly we misjudged our fanbase and what they wanted from us, so we're sorry and we're going to try and make it up to you" and everyone here wants to eat it up because people are so attracted to an underdog story, that they'll fill in the blanks themselves.

OMG dude SONY was going to do the same thing until they seen the back lash that MS got from doing it. hell I actually applaud MS for even having the balls to even try something like that in the first place. IMHO if they would have partnered with the retailers worked something out a little better there DRM thing would have worked out, maybe not the always online thing but I would actually like some DRM where if we bought disc based games we could install the games and not have to have the discs in the system to play them. if they detected that some one else was using that same game you installed like that you took it to gamestop and sold it it would lock you out of the game, and send you to the marketplace to buy a digital key for it, DRM like that is fine and honestly that's how they should have handled it.

Got a link proving sony was instituting 24 hour DRM checks, or are you willing to admit right now you are full of it?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#2495_EclipsePosted 3/13/2014 1:05:10 PM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
I've got to give him props for owning up to it. Admitting you have a problem is the first step of recovery. o.o

yeah its really nice unlike some companies

Which would those be? The only other two major gaming companies I see are Sony and Nintendo. Nintendo recently came out and admitted they screwed up and the Wii U is a failure, and Sony went on stage at E3 a few years ago and apologized to fans directly.

Microsoft, is where Sony was with the PS3 early on. Which if it plays out the same way, means late in the XBO's life, it will be a great console, and the Xbox two will be amazing.

Growing pains, as long as MS doesn't give up after the XBO, then next gen for them could be something special, like the PS4 is this gen for Sony.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#25casper316Posted 3/13/2014 1:06:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#26xHuckleberryPosted 3/13/2014 1:08:55 PM
Aint sorry unless ya catch me.
---
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme ---- Steam: xhuckleberry(IM YER HUCKLEBERRY)
>Living proof of a dying dream.
#27Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/13/2014 1:09:53 PM
casper316 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
GondolinRises posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Xbox employees owning up while $ony employees acting like fanboys on twitter. These companies are going in opposite ways. I'm glad MS is going the way of gamer and being mature. Props MS

Yeah going in opposite ways is true. Sony continues to dominate market share while ms loses market share. And the ms fans more than make up for ms being mature. Look at your posts. Look at all the xbone one troll posts that go unpunished here. Clearly you are being protected. It's a shame. You make this place unbearable.

more pony tears. You guys are falling like flies. SOrry Titanfall makes you so mad.... or is it no games on PS4? Or is it PSN going down? So much MAD!

User Name MastaMugen
User ID 6916078
Board User Level 5: Warned

Keep it coming its delicious!

^

Forever alone

so sayth the PC elitist douche with no friends.

So a person who enjoys a PC automatically has no friends? Are you still living in 1980?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#28Ramsus082Posted 3/13/2014 1:10:03 PM
casper316 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

OMG dude SONY was going to do the same thing until they seen the back lash that MS got from doing it. hell I actually applaud MS for even having the balls to even try something like that in the first place. IMHO if they would have partnered with the retailers worked something out a little better there DRM thing would have worked out, maybe not the always online thing but I would actually like some DRM where if we bought disc based games we could install the games and not have to have the discs in the system to play them. if they detected that some one else was using that same game you installed like that you took it to gamestop and sold it it would lock you out of the game, and send you to the marketplace to buy a digital key for it, DRM like that is fine and honestly that's how they should have handled it.

What does Sony have to do with anything here?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#29HellsControllerPosted 3/13/2014 1:10:46 PM
They say yet again we were to stupid to realize their goals, and people on this board lap it up. It's ridiculous.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#3095_EclipsePosted 3/13/2014 1:12:26 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
casper316 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

What does Sony have to do with anything here?

People like to pretend Sony was going to do the same thing to make themselves feel better, even though they have absolutely no proof, and Sony said months before the XBO reveal they didn't have one, or any blocks on used games. It's an odd mental disorder I think.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.