Phil Spencer apologizes It's better to just be direct and honest.

#41Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/13/2014 1:33:29 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Because sony tweeted and responded a number of times before the XBO reveal that they had no used games restrictions.
before may? weird. i'm not a big twitter user, but i never saw any such confirmation. why on earth was there a hash-tag movement, i wonder? or, was that just neogaf being self-congratulatory over "fixing" something that you're saying they should have known wasn't broken?
#42casper316Posted 3/13/2014 1:35:25 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Enigma149 posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
People like to pretend Sony was going to do the same thing to make themselves feel better, even though they have absolutely no proof, and Sony said months before the XBO reveal they didn't have one, or any blocks on used games. It's an odd mental disorder I think.

I believe people are referring to articles like these:

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/
http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-initially-wanted-to-ship-playstation-4-with-eye-report/

And actions Sony took like these:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/used-ps4-games-drm/
http://www.thesixthaxis.com//2013/10/16/playstation-4s-drm-locks-psn-games-to-your-account-on-other-consoles/

I'm not sure how accurate any of these are (except the last one), but none of them paint a nice picture.

Speculation click bait stuff.

Was I the only one who was already born after the PS4 reveal? Because sony tweeted and responded a number of times before the XBO reveal that they had no used games restrictions.

As for the second two.

First one, is most likely Sony just covering their own ass, since it would be commercial suicide to actually introduce used game blocks mid gen. Could also be response to the laws in EU allowing digital games to be sold/traded. We'll just have to wait and see. I'll drop PS4 support like a hot piece of metal if they introduce used game blocks.

Second one is a derp moment to compare. As it's common sense. Of course they lock games to an account on separate consoles, if they didn't one person could simply share their login data and let all their friends download their games for free, then all log in on their own accounts, so essentially 1 purchase = infinite copies.

yet the sheep says we ate upholding for MS? I don't get it. we give him proof of this yet he believes what "Sony" tells him.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#43LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 3/13/2014 1:45:47 PM
casper316 posted...
Horridhal posted...
casper316 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
They're not admitting anything. They're still trying to make it out as if the uproar was over us not understanding and being confused about their amazing vision, rather than what actually happened; the wholesale rejection from the entire industry of what they wanted to do and how they wanted to do it.

They keep undermining our intelligence by saying "if only we could have made you people understand what we wanted for you, everything would have been different for us!" rather than "clearly we misjudged our fanbase and what they wanted from us, so we're sorry and we're going to try and make it up to you" and everyone here wants to eat it up because people are so attracted to an underdog story, that they'll fill in the blanks themselves.

The problem wasn't their messaging, it was their message Am I off-base?

OMG dude SONY was going to do the same thing until they seen the back lash that MS got from doing it. hell I actually applaud MS for even having the balls to even try something like that in the first place. IMHO if they would have partnered with the retailers worked something out a little better there DRM thing would have worked out, maybe not the always online thing but I would actually like some DRM where if we bought disc based games we could install the games and not have to have the discs in the system to play them. if they detected that some one else was using that same game you installed like that you took it to gamestop and sold it it would lock you out of the game, and send you to the marketplace to buy a digital key for it, DRM like that is fine and honestly that's how they should have handled it.

Got a link proving sony was instituting 24 hour DRM checks, or are you willing to admit right now you are full of it?

um the filed for a patent to prevent used games from no longer working on their consoles dip, don't believe me go look it up. and it don't take a godamn genius to watch that damn Sony press conference to see how they acted around certain things. and how fast they where so quick to start poking fun of MS, and how you noticed they didn't say anything about the price of the PS4 until after MS dropped their $500 price tag and said kinect would be included get with the program pony. Sony wanted your money and they hooked you sheep right from the start and you where to caught up in the MS crap to even notice it. I hate to break it to you kid Sony are just like MS they don't care about you, they do however care about you mommy and daddy's money.

Bro. Think about it for a minute.

Is it even possible for sony to drop their os off the drop of a hat like that? Ms was forced too drop their os and they werent able to package the os at launch and had to be a one day patch.

Is it possible for ms with seemingly endless funds and better software tools to lose to sony who is struggling as it is to put out an os a week before ms?

You used xbl and psn, im sure. Sony software integration isnt that great. No way in hell, can sony package their os with the ps4 while ms cant.

Sony never had drm plans. Period.
#44FeatherwindPosted 3/13/2014 1:46:04 PM
Why is it so hard for MS to communicate clearly? This is something an ordinary person with no training whatsoever can do and you'd think a company like MS could hire experts. It's hard to believe that inability to communicate clearly is an actual problem for companies. They just can't find a person who is capable of saying what they are planning to do and why, in a way that is not "confusing"?
---
pathological
#4595_EclipsePosted 3/13/2014 1:47:19 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
Because sony tweeted and responded a number of times before the XBO reveal that they had no used games restrictions.
before may? weird. i'm not a big twitter user, but i never saw any such confirmation. why on earth was there a hash-tag movement, i wonder? or, was that just neogaf being self-congratulatory over "fixing" something that you're saying they should have known wasn't broken?

You had angry Xbox fanboys and trolls which kept trying to spin things that were said so it seemed like Sony was going full DRM like MS rumors, and then after the XBO announcment you had people claiming that there was no way MS would do it alone and that Sony was lying, basically saying only Sony fanboys or idiots believed them. Example below from this very thread :

casper316 posted...

yet the sheep says we ate upholding for MS? I don't get it. we give him proof of this yet he believes what "Sony" tells him.

And as for proof of Sony's DRM stances prior to may. My last post 95_Eclipse posted...
Btw, a article from Feb 21st 2013, prior to the XBO reveal.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

And just after that : http://www.screwattack.com/news/sony-hints-ps4-does-contain-feature-block-used-games-its-publishers-use-it

Sony saying publishers could block them if they so chose too. (which actually covers the agreement change).

Sony never changed their stance. Publishers did (or should I say, EA did) after seeing the XBO debacle.

Xbox fanboys kept trying to spin this, even though it was becoming pretty obvious EA was the only one willing to push DRM, until the MS backlash.

So Sony was doing there best not to piss of publishers, but had no plans on using DRM on any of their own games, and kinda gave a slight push to publishers not using it.

When it blew up in MS's face, all pubs backed down and the issue dissolved.

Will Sony or MS bring it back in the future, is questionable at best, no one can know for sure. I'll drop what ever console does it instantly regardless of which company it is.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#46Flare1721Posted 3/13/2014 1:48:42 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Xbox employees owning up while $ony employees acting like fanboys on twitter. These companies are going in opposite ways. I'm glad MS is going the way of gamer and being mature. Props MS

Whats stupid about calling out a pathetic policy M$ has?
---
Xemnas - Best Final Boss Ever - KH2 || We Want Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Strife1721.png TJ_UNLIMITED...lol.
#47casper316Posted 3/13/2014 1:55:37 PM
LaZyEyeZ0o posted...

Is it even possible for sony to drop their os off the drop of a hat like that? Ms was forced too drop their os and they werent able to package the os at launch and had to be a one day patch.

Is it possible for ms with seemingly endless funds and better software tools to lose to sony who is struggling as it is to put out an os a week before ms?

You used xbl and psn, im sure. Sony software integration isnt that great. No way in hell, can sony package their os with the ps4 while ms cant.

keep telling yourself that sheep. sony had a similar DRM plan until they saw the backlash MS got those are the links up there to prove it, sure Sony will sit there and lie about it, but I guess they wouldn't lie to you about it just like they wouldn't like to you about 1080p 60FPS in killzone either. you ponies need to get with the program and realize that neither of these companies don't give a **** about any of us neither Sony nor MS, all they want is our money, this whole fanboy/console war thing is stupid and that's what you trolls aren't getting through your think skulls. all these companies care about is money, when either Sony or MS see us all they see is a $ that's it nothing more, nothing less. the only choices we have are either stop buying games all together or just shut up and enjoy the games we have no matter what system they are on.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#48LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 3/13/2014 2:02:11 PM
casper316 posted...
LaZyEyeZ0o posted...

keep telling yourself that sheep. sony had a similar DRM plan until they saw the backlash MS got those are the links up there to prove it, sure Sony will sit there and lie about it, but I guess they wouldn't lie to you about it just like they wouldn't like to you about 1080p 60FPS in killzone either. you ponies need to get with the program and realize that neither of these companies don't give a **** about any of us neither Sony nor MS, all they want is our money, this whole fanboy/console war thing is stupid and that's what you trolls aren't getting through your think skulls. all these companies care about is money, when either Sony or MS see us all they see is a $ that's it nothing more, nothing less. the only choices we have are either stop buying games all together or just shut up and enjoy the games we have no matter what system they are on.

So you saying almost bankrupted sony beat a software giant like ms to the punch?

Sigh. Call me a troll? I know there are trolls on both sides but at least sony troll are unimaginative and lame. Xbox troll really go out of their way to troll sony guys

Laatly, ur links dont prove anything. This author has no relations to any of sonys plans and patient doesnt mean it will be used. The rest is just magic and make believe.
#4995_EclipsePosted 3/13/2014 2:04:40 PM
casper316 posted...
LaZyEyeZ0o posted...

One final time.

Feb 21st 2013, prior to the XBO reveal.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

MS hadn't even said **** yet about DRM, and Sony was already putting the idea down, and saying they themselves didn't support it, it was up to publishers, which was no different than the Ps3/Xb360 era.

Seriously, you call people sheep, but you have such blind hatred for Sony, that you choose to ignore the facts in front of your face.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#50Golden MavenPosted 3/13/2014 2:05:01 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
it could even mean they were considering similar policies.

Of course they were. Microsoft didn't come up with these DRM policies in a vacuum, they work closely with 3rd parties. So does Sony.

Microsoft bravely showed off these controversial DRM policies to the world and got flak for it. So Sony quickly adapted and looked like heroes to gullible gamers by taking shots at Microsoft.