Phil Spencer apologizes It's better to just be direct and honest.

#81Ramsus082Posted 3/13/2014 4:36:13 PM
If anyone needs to apologize, it's Albert Penello. Him and Major "FlipSwitch" Nelson are responsible for the "but size doesn't matter, it's how you use it that really counts!" ridiculousness that got into people's heads and made them wage the war on math.

"Exclusives MIGHT look better on PS4. Multiplatform games will be identical."

- Every person on this entire board, without exception.

Anyway, if you don't believe anybody owes an apology, that's completely understandable; We made our own decisions. But let's not take this PR fluff as an actual apology.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#82Golden MavenPosted 3/13/2014 4:36:23 PM
I was working with a crap analogy.
#83SandOnMyBootPosted 3/13/2014 4:38:50 PM
- Forced 24 hour online DRM that does nothing to improve gaming experience (actually hinders those w/ poor internet connections)
- Kinect unnecessarily "always on" which does nothing to help gamers
- Fees for used games, extreme negative effects for gaming
- Upon reversal of policies: "I guess gamers just aren't ready for the future."

Yeah, Phil. I'm sure it came all from a good place.
---
Glad Superman 64 was the third best-selling Nintendo 64 title upon release and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
#84JustThink1stPosted 3/13/2014 4:42:41 PM
Jumped to the end. I do feel their policies, had they been explained better, would have been more accepted. Wasn't the original idea you could gift a game to friends, one of their ideas behind the no trade in thing. That would have literally revolutionized gaming. You could swap games with people on your friends list instead of going to game stop (et al). Instead of the maybe couple dozen gamers you know and can swap discs with it would have been 5 times that many. All people heard though was "you don't own your media". And that blame is squarely on ms. Same with the kinect and always online thing (which did suck). It was supposed to be so developers knew they had a uniform hardware set and cloud to work with. All anyone heard was "your xbox doesn't work at all if you're not online and were spying on you". Again, ms blew it.
---
Beneath the stains of time/The feelings disappear/You are someone else/I am still right here... NIN
#85Shik_stickPosted 3/13/2014 6:27:24 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
They're not admitting anything. They're still trying to make it out as if the uproar was over us not understanding and being confused about their amazing vision, rather than what actually happened; the wholesale rejection from the entire industry of what they wanted to do and how they wanted to do it.

They keep undermining our intelligence by saying "if only we could have made you people understand what we wanted for you, everything would have been different for us!" rather than "clearly we misjudged our fanbase and what they wanted from us, so we're sorry and we're going to try and make it up to you" and everyone here wants to eat it up because people are so attracted to an underdog story, that they'll fill in the blanks themselves.

The problem wasn't their messaging, it was their message Am I off-base?

Exactly.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#86Shik_stickPosted 3/13/2014 7:35:51 PM
casper316 posted...
LaZyEyeZ0o posted...
Bro. Think about it for a minute.

Is it even possible for sony to drop their os off the drop of a hat like that? Ms was forced too drop their os and they werent able to package the os at launch and had to be a one day patch.

Is it possible for ms with seemingly endless funds and better software tools to lose to sony who is struggling as it is to put out an os a week before ms?

You used xbl and psn, im sure. Sony software integration isnt that great. No way in hell, can sony package their os with the ps4 while ms cant.

Sony never had drm plans. Period.

keep telling yourself that sheep. sony had a similar DRM plan until they saw the backlash MS got those are the links up there to prove it, sure Sony will sit there and lie about it, but I guess they wouldn't lie to you about it just like they wouldn't like to you about 1080p 60FPS in killzone either. you ponies need to get with the program and realize that neither of these companies don't give a **** about any of us neither Sony nor MS, all they want is our money, this whole fanboy/console war thing is stupid and that's what you trolls aren't getting through your think skulls. all these companies care about is money, when either Sony or MS see us all they see is a $ that's it nothing more, nothing less. the only choices we have are either stop buying games all together or just shut up and enjoy the games we have no matter what system they are on.

I think the only person here that needs to pull their head out of their behind is you, friend.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#87PrinceMedionPosted 3/13/2014 7:36:51 PM
Shik_stick posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
They're not admitting anything. They're still trying to make it out as if the uproar was over us not understanding and being confused about their amazing vision, rather than what actually happened; the wholesale rejection from the entire industry of what they wanted to do and how they wanted to do it.

They keep undermining our intelligence by saying "if only we could have made you people understand what we wanted for you, everything would have been different for us!" rather than "clearly we misjudged our fanbase and what they wanted from us, so we're sorry and we're going to try and make it up to you" and everyone here wants to eat it up because people are so attracted to an underdog story, that they'll fill in the blanks themselves.

The problem wasn't their messaging, it was their message Am I off-base?

Exactly.

---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#88Flare1721Posted 3/13/2014 7:40:33 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

This sums it all up. Just like previous posts have posted.
---
Xemnas - Best Final Boss Ever - KH2 || We Want Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Strife1721.png TJ_UNLIMITED...lol.
#89Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/13/2014 7:43:57 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

The difference is, Sony never announced it, Microsoft did until it back fired on them. You can think of crimes all day long, but until you actually do it, you're not a criminal, at least according to the law and society.

So who cares what Sony thought about doing, the point is, they didn't.

And Microsoft reversed the policies. So what's your point? Ridiculous logic.

Point is, Sony didn't announce it, it's all speculation and rumor on how far it got, of course all developers and hardware companies want to stop the used market, it's killing profits for them and making stores like Game Stop much more wealthier. Sony decided it was a bad ideal without actually facing an consequences; however, Microsoft followed through with it and then the outcry from the public got them scared and they reversed it, they never reversed it because they thought it was a bad ideal.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#90chedibang1994Posted 3/13/2014 7:47:04 PM
Flare1721 posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

This sums it all up. Just like previous posts have posted.

Wish it did but from what I remember they flipped the script when the outrage happen with ms or when preorders started decreasing so they kind of coward out I'm sure we all know that
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas