Kinect unplugged

#1saint_hendrixPosted 3/13/2014 1:57:43 PM
Anyone else have the problem of the Kinect suddenly becoming unplugged? Looks like I'll be filing a repair request once I get back from spring break. I've only had this thing since mid January and things are already breaking.
---
XBL & PSN: thndrx
#2OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/13/2014 1:59:20 PM
Be careful, you'll probably be called a sony pony for this. o.o If you were a true MS fan things wouldn't be breaking for you.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#3Enigma149Posted 3/13/2014 2:01:25 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Be careful, you'll probably be called a sony pony for this. o.o If you were a true MS fan things wouldn't be breaking for you.

Ah, Sony fans. Always glad to rush in and attack Microsoft, never glad to provide any help.

No, TC, I haven't run into this issue, because I don't own an Xbox One. But I'm curious - is the issue that it's saying it's unplugged, but isn't, or that it's coming unplugged?
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#4tcgjacobPosted 3/13/2014 2:04:21 PM
I had the issue at launch, I ended up having to having the kinect (Kept the same console, issue is on the Kinect side) replaced. It took 2-3 for the advanced replacement to get here. The new one they sent me hasn't had any issues though.
#5bgwilly255Posted 3/13/2014 2:04:31 PM
Enigma149 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

Ah, Sony fans. Always glad to rush in and attack Microsoft, never glad to provide any help.

No, TC, I haven't run into this issue, because I don't own an Xbox One. But I'm curious - is the issue that it's saying it's unplugged, but isn't, or that it's coming unplugged?

If you don't own one then why are you here? Unless you plan to own one at sometime?
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#6tcgjacobPosted 3/13/2014 2:06:33 PM
Enigma149 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

If it is the same issue I was having, it is saying its unplugged but isn't, not that it is coming unplugged. Mine wasn't working from the start though. The plug is pretty tight, I couldn't imagine it shaking loose.
#7LBTHETRUTHPosted 3/13/2014 2:09:07 PM
It's actually a huge issue and I suffered from it too. Only option is repair. My repair order was placed 2/13 and I received the replacement 3/8.
#8zachokPosted 3/13/2014 2:09:30 PM
Happened to me once but after a hard reboot (hold the power button for about 5 sec) it was fixed.
#9OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/13/2014 2:10:32 PM
If it makes you feel better TC, you aren't missing out on much without the kinect, so I wouldn't worry about it.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#10Enigma149Posted 3/13/2014 2:25:24 PM
bgwilly255 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

If you don't own one then why are you here? Unless you plan to own one at sometime?

I have yet to decide which system I'm going to get.

Warning: BlogFAQs
Back in early 2012 (or possibly late 2011), I made up my mind that I was going to get a Wii U and a PS4, for the following reasons:

-Nintendo exclusives remain some of my favorite games, despite some complaints about "rehashing".
-Nintendo games are usually better than games on other systems when it comes to local multiplayer.
-Nintendo consoles never have good 3rd party support.
-Sony has more exclusive games I like than Microsoft does.
-Sony doesn't charge for online gaming.
-The PS4 would be backwards compatible (as all other Sony systems were), so I'd be able to get rid of my PS3.

In August 2012, my PS3 broke, despite having owned it for an incredibly short length of time. I was able to get it replaced, but decided I'd just sell the new one, along with all the games I didn't play anymore, to pay for the Wii U.

This, left me with around 10 games (I'm not exactly sure how many). I got the Wii U, it met my expectations, everything on that front is sunshine and rainbows, so no real complaints. The first 3 points still stand, etc., etc.

Then came the PS4 announcement and - surprise, surprise - it didn't have backwards compatibility, meaning that if I wanted to play those PS3 games, I'd have to buy another PS3. I suppose this was stupidity on my part for not waiting, but it didn't affect me too much - I sold the PS3 for $200, and could easily get another for about the same price. Still, it gave me one less reason to buy a PS4.

Then came the Xbox One reveal, and my desire to own a PS4 was reaffirmed - I loved playing old games, and the Xbox One would make that impossible. The draconian always-online practice was even worse, as the internet in my house is unreliable (no ethernet), and I was about to enter college, and had my doubts as to whether or not I'd meet the requirement (my college, as it turns out, does have a very annoying process of getting internet on a game console, though once you meet their requirements, it's quite fast and reliable).

At E3, Sony announced that online gaming would no longer be free, which annoyed me, but at the same time, they weren't as bad as Microsoft's anti-gamer policies. Oh, and the PS4 was cheaper - that's nice, too. Their exclusives didn't interest me, though I did still really want to play Last of Us, which I never got the chance to own. Of course, that'd mean I'd have to buy a PS3, which would mean I'd have $200 less I could spend on a PS4...

Then, Microsoft reversed their policies, and that pretty much left Sony exclusives and a $40 price difference (if I bought the PS4, I'd also buy the Camera, which I only learned after E3 wasn't being included like Kinect).

Meanwhile, through all this, I'd been selling the PS3 games I owned and re-buying them on Steam, which turned out to be far cheaper than buying a PS3, leaving me with only LBP and the Ico / SotC collection - both good games, but both ones I could live without, so Sony exclusives wasn't a point.

Now, I'm just waiting until E3. Then, I'll make a decision.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0