Question about Twitch broadcasting.

#1Moon_StruckPosted 3/13/2014 1:06:26 PM
I am very interested in getting into this. For many reasons, including the social aspect. But my main reason for being interested is so that I can get better at games by having others watch and help me pick up on things I may or may not be doing right. Something of a critique, for want of a better word.

My only real concern is whether or not anyone would actually be interested in watching. So starting now I am going to attempt, for the first time, a broadcast. Once I get it figured out I will post information here on how to watch it.

My question is this: would anyone be willing to watch a self described decent player play titanfall and try to help him get better?
---
Sent from my iPhone 5s via PowerFAQs 1.14
#2Swan3624Posted 3/13/2014 1:09:08 PM
No. I honestly don't think it's a viable option. People watch Twitch players 85% for the commentary, 10% for the gameplay, and the other 5% is either trolling or helping.

It's not a very viable option for that reason, but another big reason is that Twitch has quite a big delay judging from my stream last night. My cousin was watching and he is just one state away, but the delay was upwards of a minute. So asking for help from Twitch peeps isn't a great idea because of that lag.

"Pick this item up in the corner."

You'll get that message seconds later than when it was relevant.
#3Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 1:16:40 PM
That was one of my concerns. I am still going to give it a shot... Who knows maybe someone watching will enjoy. If having it snapped doesn't bother me too terribly much, and people do enjoy it this could be a lot of fun. I've never really done anything like this. Never made youtube videos or anything of the sort.

I'm having issues getting a broadcast started, so will post details when and if I get it going.
---
#4skermacPosted 3/13/2014 1:24:51 PM
Swan3624 posted...
No. I honestly don't think it's a viable option. People watch Twitch players 85% for the commentary, 10% for the gameplay, and the other 5% is either trolling or helping.

It's not a very viable option for that reason, but another big reason is that Twitch has quite a big delay judging from my stream last night. My cousin was watching and he is just one state away, but the delay was upwards of a minute. So asking for help from Twitch peeps isn't a great idea because of that lag.

I never get lag. I watch the same people all the time. Some in different states. I watch on my laptop and type into the chat and the player answers and I hear it over my headset in real time. Its really cool!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#5Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 1:29:57 PM
Either way it seems I may have to wait. I kept getting a message about it being unable to broadcast immediately after choosing broadcast, so I did a hard reboot. Now I can't connect to twitch servers.
---
#6AsuirPosted 3/13/2014 2:14:43 PM
Swan3624 posted...

.. it doesn't matter if he was a state away.....
---
Ftw!
#7DefhimselfPosted 3/13/2014 2:44:47 PM
Moon_Struck posted...
Either way it seems I may have to wait. I kept getting a message about it being unable to broadcast immediately after choosing broadcast, so I did a hard reboot. Now I can't connect to twitch servers.

You have to go to app management and delete all saved data. The option is on the right. When you finish that you uninstall the app then reinstall. That's how you fix the problem you're having.
---
Good riddance cry baby Phil! ...GT: The last HUcast
#8Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 3:21:23 PM
Hey thanks much, def, I'll go do that now.
---
#9CmJudgePosted 3/13/2014 4:16:41 PM
Swan, help doesn't mean what you suggested. Tips and advice are help, not "pick this item up in the corner". Lol, sorry I don't mean to laugh, but lol.

It is definitely viable TC. Interacting with the viewers is what brings success on twitch. Be talkative, give commentary, answer/ask questions. People won't watch for the gameplay alone.

I say do it. I'll even check it out as I already watch people on twitch ocassionally. Mostly for BF4 and DayZ, but I'll check out other games too.

Pm me your twitch id if you do and I'll follow.
---
GT: AltusJanitorius PSN: Altus_Janitorius
-A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer-
#10Moon_Struck(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 6:25:36 PM
Thanks for the support man. I'll definitely do that. I think you have the same train of thought I did.

I'm not sure when I'll get it up and going as I'm still having that issue after deleting the data and reinstalling. But I'll keep trying tomorrow.
---