is there ANY backwards compatability with Xbox one?

#1gatkiss37Posted 3/13/2014 1:38:10 PM
Just wanting to know, when I get it i plan to trade in my 360, but I want to know if I will be able to play any of my 360 games on the One or if I should trade them in too.
---
Five zombies. Four bullets. Two zombies.
#2dlfPosted 3/13/2014 1:39:24 PM
No, neither the PS4 or Xbox 1 are backwards compatible with the 6th (PS2/Xbox) or the 7th (PS3/360) gen systems.
---
I have built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5jg - Minus a few parts (monitor @ moment)
#3MonicasBackPosted 3/13/2014 1:40:54 PM
Theyre supposed to add old xbox arcade games back in the future.
---
Monicaaa
#4Aone1987Posted 3/13/2014 1:47:06 PM
lmao people always make sure they mention ps4- informative

Ps4 will have some form of backwards pat, with PSNOW due out this summer. Even though you only asked for X1
#5Jedi454Posted 3/13/2014 1:49:11 PM
Aone1987 posted...
lmao people always make sure they mention ps4- informative

Ps4 will have some form of backwards pat, with PSNOW due out this summer. Even though you only asked for X1

And about 75% of the world won't be able to use it, don't be so defensive just because someone mentions Ps4.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#6CharocksPosted 3/13/2014 1:57:38 PM
A modder found that you can play 360 games if you switch the console to devmode. M$ is just holding it back to charge us for games we already own.
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#7EnclavePosted 3/13/2014 1:59:09 PM
Charocks posted...
A modder found that you can play 360 games if you switch the console to devmode. M$ is just holding it back to charge us for games we already own.

No, that person released that information because he wanted to mess with people. If you follow his instructions you brick your console.

Anyways, regarding the people talking about PS4, there is rumours that PSX and PS2 emulation may actually be on the way. However PS Now is the only way PS3 games will be playable.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#8OpheliaAdenadePosted 3/13/2014 1:59:14 PM
Charocks posted...

Sounds like something MS would do.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#9Goregasm17Posted 3/13/2014 6:55:58 PM
If Xbox One added backwards compatibility, I'm positive you'd see it beat the PS4 in all directions. Why isn't this brought to the table? Seriously, all we'd need are updated drivers through one of the updates and walla, 360 games on the one.. Not hard.
#10EnclavePosted 3/13/2014 7:06:06 PM
Goregasm17 posted...
If Xbox One added backwards compatibility, I'm positive you'd see it beat the PS4 in all directions. Why isn't this brought to the table? Seriously, all we'd need are updated drivers through one of the updates and walla, 360 games on the one.. Not hard.

Xbox 360 == PPC architecture
Xbone == X86 architecture

The reason why PS3 emulation on the PS4 is impossible is the exact same reason 360 emulation on the Xbone is impossible. It's just not powerful enough.

That said, if Microsoft wanted to code an Xbox emulator for it they should be able to make a pretty damn good one. However I only see them doing that if Sony actually does come out with the rumoured PSX/PS2 emulator for the PS4 and it increases PS4 sales significantly.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.