NPD Sales Result for February 2014 [Up1: PS4/XB1/Wii U Hardware, BD/Poke/DK]

#21krystylaPosted 3/13/2014 3:33:31 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Why does teehee always refer to himself as a "we?" Is he a hivemind of some sort?

He is a royal gracing us with his presence
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#2295_EclipsePosted 3/13/2014 3:35:52 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Why does teehee always refer to himself as a "we?" Is he a hivemind of some sort?

Teehee was assimilated into the borg.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#23TheSL1ClubPosted 3/13/2014 3:37:29 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

He has an imaginary friend, presumably Major Nelson or Phil Spencer.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#24DarthUchiha91Posted 3/13/2014 3:37:57 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

I thought that was legion with a GameFaqs account.
---
Proof that M$ is slowly bringing back DRM for the XBone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfNarCjSHM
#25LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/13/2014 3:39:14 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
Xbone is for hardcore old school gamers lol? Oh Teehee you never fail to impress.

Yes..? Are you serious?

Xbox Live has WAY more competitive gamers and activity in general than PSN does. All the major competitions I can think of also use Xboxes and Xbox controllers.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#26Ramsus082Posted 3/13/2014 3:41:40 PM
chex81 posted...
So I guess the real question is, a console with no games...why and how is it selling so much? Because people just want it right at this moment? A big portion of people buying both consoles are casuals, not a specific one. Are killzone and cod really selling that many consoles?

It's potential, and cost/value. A lot of gamers understand that launch lineups, historically, have sucked. Every passing month and year, a console's library gets better. That's the variable. Graphics hardware isn't, that will always stay the same for the life of a console. Early adopters of "next-gen" often see the purchase as an investment in gaming, not necessarily an opportunity to splurge on the current library. Apparently, future PS4 potential, and current multiplatform performance are really resonating with gamers.

I bought a PS4, I'm massively disappointed with it's library at the moment, but I don't regret the purchase because I'd have owned one eventually anyway. It's about what's coming, not what's out.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#27RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/13/2014 3:43:38 PM
3HP posted...
teehee23 posted...
Order1886 posted...
teehee23 posted...
Xbox #1 is $100.00 more and still so close to ps4= outstanding.

Yup. PS4 won again!

Not a win, we believe it proves that there are many, many more casual part time gamers than true hardcore oldschool gamers.
We want sony to only support the casual part time gamers while Microsoft is the heart and soul of true hardcore oldschool gaming.

Xbone is the system for casuals. The whole system is built around multimedia and not gaming, unlike PS4, which is for true, hardcore, oldschool gamers.

Lol! That's a too one man
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf
#28DarthUchiha91Posted 3/13/2014 3:44:36 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
chex81 posted...
So I guess the real question is, a console with no games...why and how is it selling so much? Because people just want it right at this moment? A big portion of people buying both consoles are casuals, not a specific one. Are killzone and cod really selling that many consoles?

It's potential, and cost/value. A lot of gamers understand that launch lineups, historically, have sucked. Every passing month and year, a console's library gets better. That's the variable. Graphics hardware isn't, that will always stay the same for the life of a console. Early adopters of "next-gen" often see the purchase as an investment in gaming, not necessarily an opportunity to splurge on the current library. Apparently, future PS4 potential, and current multiplatform performance are really resonating with gamers.

I bought a PS4, I'm massively disappointed with it's library at the moment, but I don't regret the purchase because I'd have owned one eventually anyway. It's about what's coming, not what's out.

+1
---
Proof that M$ is slowly bringing back DRM for the XBone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfNarCjSHM
#29krystylaPosted 3/13/2014 3:44:51 PM
krystyla posted...
Don't people get bored of having the same conversations over and over again?

I repeat myself after seeing this topic go on.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#30MonicasBackPosted 3/13/2014 3:45:18 PM
Lets take this moment to join together and bid the wii u farewell
---
Monicaaa