Do you think Dark Souls 2 on Xbox one would be more popular than Titanfall?

#31xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2014 6:46:37 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
probably...dark souls 2 has more people streaming on twitch right now than TF.

for realz?
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#32Phrostbyte101Posted 3/13/2014 7:09:24 PM
Na, Dark Souls wasn't very good.
---
---
Phenom 955 @ 3.8Ghz, GA-MA790XT-UD4P, 4gbs XMS3 DHX @ 1600, Crossfire 4890's @ 950/1100, Thermaltake Contac 30 sink, OCZ Vertex 2 90gb
#33jakethenoobPosted 3/13/2014 7:11:13 PM(edited)
elchris79 posted...
RebelGameMaster posted...
Thedespair posted...
Too complicated to be as popular. The reason arcade shooters like titanfall are popular is because they are simple to play and understand.

Translation: Titanfall is for casuals.

Actual translation. Lots and lots of people bought Dark Souls or Demon Souls, and didn't enjoy them at all.

That's because they don't hold your hand like every FPS made now does.

xtacb posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
probably...dark souls 2 has more people streaming on twitch right now than TF.

for realz?

Yes. It's been like that pretty much every time I go on Twitch.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#34lunchbox2042Posted 3/13/2014 7:27:44 PM
No. First person shooters are more popular than games that challenge you.
#35Phrostbyte101Posted 3/13/2014 7:40:58 PM
I don't know about anyone else but Dark Souls wasn't that much of a challenge... Now I understand many of the gamers never grew up with hard games and they think this is the first franchise of their ADHD gaming generation, where its too much to bare......I don't want to break it to you but with some patience and a proper skill build this game was a slow repetitive snooze fest that only had epic bosses to show for itself.
---
---
Phenom 955 @ 3.8Ghz, GA-MA790XT-UD4P, 4gbs XMS3 DHX @ 1600, Crossfire 4890's @ 950/1100, Thermaltake Contac 30 sink, OCZ Vertex 2 90gb
#36Foxx3kPosted 3/13/2014 8:44:16 PM
I'm tempted to say "no," but the immense success of Dark Souls 2 so far makes me entertain it as a possibility...
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#37SamcroReaperPosted 3/13/2014 8:45:18 PM
What's with all the dumb questions lately?
#38Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/13/2014 9:02:16 PM
elchris79 posted...
xtacb posted...
elchris79 posted...
RebelGameMaster posted...
Thedespair posted...
Too complicated to be as popular. The reason arcade shooters like titanfall are popular is because they are simple to play and understand.

Translation: Titanfall is for casuals.

Actual translation. Lots and lots of people bought Dark Souls or Demon Souls, and didn't enjoy them at all.

yea thats probably why on metacritic

Dark Souls 2:

92% critic rating
8.0 user score

Titanfall:

86% critic rating
6.1 user score

That actually has nothing to do with what I said, if you were in any smart you'd realise that. And ALSO, you'd also realise that Titanfall is getting deliberately voted down by weird children who get tribal about consoles.

Lots of people loved the other Souls games. Lots of people couldn't find any enjoyment. Critics loved them, because for them it was a refreshing change from other games, and a new approach to RPGs. I never said they were bad games, just a lot more likely to be hated/loved than Titanfall. If you hated the other two you wouldn't buy the next one. Titanfall is the sort of game no one really hates.

and Titanfal is getting deliberately rated 10 by weird children who get tribal about consoles, what is your point?

and a lot of people dislike Titanfall, no single player campaign, hell, might as well say no campaign, 6v6, 5 modes, small amount of weapons. A lot in the negative list to turn people off.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#39chedibang1994Posted 3/13/2014 9:15:55 PM
Phrostbyte101 posted...
I don't know about anyone else but Dark Souls wasn't that much of a challenge... Now I understand many of the gamers never grew up with hard games and they think this is the first franchise of their ADHD gaming generation, where its too much to bare......I don't want to break it to you but with some patience and a proper skill build this game was a slow repetitive snooze fest that only had epic bosses to show for itself.
---

This, I grew up mario and even horribly made games like tmnt on the nes I started at the beginning before starting later to the n64 I hit genesis and nes snes first by the generations games are getting easier with the exception of games like dark souls 2 it's cool and challenging but not dumb hard and boss battles are f***ing epic but I had harder times with ghost and goblins
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas
#40Rome218Posted 3/14/2014 2:11:46 AM
On-line FPS games dominate as far as sales go, especially on console. I believe the best selling games of this gen are both Ghosts and BF.

Titanfall is a great game IMO, and it beats out the other two games as far as what game I will be on the most. It renewed interest in online shooters for me.

Titanfall's story is.. I have no idea and neither does anyone I play with. It's pretty funny when games now days can get great reviews and love without needing any real depth to a story.

I have to say, I have not had this much fun since the first MW. I actually love doing objective game modes because jetpacks and getting around is great. I said TF was overhyped, and I did not expect myself to get so hooked. I have friends that have not stopped playing since it came out, and I grow concerned about them. o_O If this comes out as fun on 360 as the xb1 game, I implore anyone who enjoys online FPS to get TF.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill