XBox Fitness 30-day Test: Revived!

#1Uproar2099Posted 3/14/2014 4:33:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJ177oAb2k

So it took about a month, but I finally got my Kinect back a few days ago (it died 9 days into my original workout test, and Xbox Fitness does not work without the Kinect).

In case you didn't know, I'm testing the Xbox Fitness app on Xbox One by completing 1 workout each day for 30 days and seeing what (if any) results I get out of it. I'm only doing the free workouts and I'm not making any major changes to my regular diet or routine. I believe I have a pretty average diet and work/home routine so I'd like to keep that constant for this test.

What I'm trying to find out is if someone who's pretty average overall, can simply start doing these exercises and get ANY result from it (and what level of result you can get).

Obviously, if I completely committed to a full exercise program and changed my diet to match, I should get the results that those programs advertise. But I know myself, and I know that like a lot of you out there, I'm not ready to change my entire diet or routine to "commit" to a workout program that I'll probably end up stopping a week or two in because I get too busy with other things.

So this test is for people like me, average people that are looking for a way to start getting exercise back into our lives. As many have told me already, I may not see any results if I don't change my diet... and that's fine. That's why I'm calling this a test, not a plan. I'm simply going to chart my progress over a month and see if this works at all. My hope is that if nothing else, I start to build some good workout habits and maybe eventually give myself the added motivation to make those other changes if needed.

If you have any interest in following this test, feel free to friend me on Xbox One at Uproar2099 or follow me on Twitter @Uproar2099. I'll be giving daily updates on Twitter and putting out incremental videos on Youtube and Xbox One. You can also see my achievements and workout history if you follow me on Xbox One, so depending on your level of interest in my results feel free to follow as you choose. I will occasionally post on this topic (since I lurk this board daily).

Thanks guys!

(now back to your regularly scheduled Titanfall/Xbone Troll Wars topics)

***Quick update: I'm now 3 workouts into this test, completed Jillian Michaels' 30 minute session, 10-minute solutions Cardio Kickboxing and 10-minute Beachbody Cardio session with Tony Horton this morning***
---
GT: Uproar2099
When I was asked to declare my dependents for taxes, I declared three... my wife, my kids, and my government.
#2Darth_StinkiusPosted 3/14/2014 4:40:11 AM
Are you gonna do the same workout every day or mix it up?

Ive followed you on X1, ill need to start playing Xbox Fitness properly
---
XBOX 360/One - Darth Stinkius
PS3 - darth_stinkius
#3Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 4:47:35 PM
I do different workouts every day to keep it interesting and to find out which ones I like. I will repeat some of the workouts that I like depending on how I feel that day.
---
When I was asked to declare my dependents for taxes, I declared three... my wife, my kids, and my government.
#4uniquebadgerPosted 3/14/2014 4:50:24 PM
If you want to lose fat do the insanity work outs
#5MrImpatient35Posted 3/14/2014 5:10:11 PM
I'll start following you. I'll be using Xbox Fitness from time to time too. I'd recommend you watch the latest video from Brandon Carter on Youtube about Pain and Agony. That video is so damn powerful! Just saw it today, and will be making some big changes to my life.
---
FML
#6MrImpatient35Posted 3/14/2014 5:21:07 PM
I'm new to Xbox One. I just got it with the Titanfall bundle. So if I send you a friend request, that means I'm following you?
---
FML
#7Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 5:11:43 AM
Yep, if you send the friend request it means you're "following" me. Thanks for the interest!
---
#8FonixWerksPosted 3/15/2014 7:54:37 AM
My kinect died about a month ago too. Hope we just got bad first batches and they fixed something in our replacements
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.14
#9Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 5:28:26 PM(edited)
FonixWerks posted...
My kinect died about a month ago too. Hope we just got bad first batches and they fixed something in our replacements

With my original Kinect I was told by one of my friends that I Skype with that my voice was cutting out occasionally. I confirmed it was happening when I would make upload videos using the Kinect. I have to believe that also affected its accuracy with the menu commands (which I'd say were working about 75-80% of the time).

Since I've gotten the new Kinect, my friend has not noticed any sound issues and my first video that I put out didn't have any audio problems at all. I think this Kinect is slightly more accurate with the menu commands but I haven't had much time with it yet. So hopefully you're right and these new Kinects are better than the first round that came out.
---
#10Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 1:47:05 PM
Just knocked out a 60 minute P90X Plyometrics session for Day 5.

Thought it was going to be a bad idea to do P90X this early on and that was before reading the huge disclaimer at the beginning that basically said the exercise could kill you.

But seriously, I figured there was a real chance I would have to stop part-way through simply because I haven't done anything over 30 minutes in my time with Xbox Fitness to date.

I was able to push through though and finish with a 4 star score! It was definitely tough but I just kept my focus and went at my own pace on a few of the harder exercises (damn you jump squats!)

I could definitely see myself doing this exercise again but in order to commit 60 minutes, I'll basically only be able to do these type of exercises on the weekends.

Last, I have a question for those that are following me. If any of you have gone into the Xbox Fitness app since following me, are you seeing my scores as a comparison to your scores? I just noticed that my "share fitness info" was set to "friends" not "everyone". Have you been able to see the scores previous to today or are you just seeing my achievements in your feed? Just wondering because I just now changed it to "everyone" in the hopes that it will put my scores out to all of you if you weren't getting them before.
---