X1 worth it if you already have a smart TV?

#1ShadowNinja87Posted 3/14/2014 4:31:36 AM
What's up everyone! Long story short I been struggling to make a decision on which console I want to buy either the X1 or ps4. I was a 360 and ps3 owner last gen and loved them both equally. However, I did play on my 360 a bit more than my ps3 due to XBL and games like gears of war.

I plan on getting both a x1 and ps4 this gen but I was thinking of getting the X1 first but since I have a smart TV that does a lot of the things the X1 does like voice commands and motion controls and media apps, I am not sure if I should spend 500 on the console.

Game wise at this point the Xbox brand only has two main exclusives I care about Halo and Gears. Titanfall looks cool but I do have a 360 so I could just play it on that without paying 500. I do like XBL but honestly the PSN is pretty much neck and neck with it now.

So any x1 fans in the same boat as me, I mean I want to get an X1 at some point but at this point and time I am not sure if it's worth the money since I have a smart tv that does everything the X1 does media wise. And owning the system just for Halo and gears seems kinda like a waste...
#2TreGoodaPosted 3/14/2014 4:33:29 AM
Smart TVs don't do what the X1 does. Get what you want.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#3assassin10133Posted 3/14/2014 4:36:02 AM
Well, I bought my XB1 to play games, all the other stuff was just a bonus. If you're going to get both eventually anyway I'd say get the one that has more games you want to play out now and the other later when that one has more games you want to play. It's all personal preference really.
#4kennyynnooPosted 3/14/2014 4:40:42 AM
In the end buy the one with the games you want now first. It's a gaming console first, I could care less which you buy. I prefer the PS4 over the xbox but they have nothing I want this year so I went with x1 for forza mostly and forza horizon 2 later this year.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#5KINGJ79Posted 3/14/2014 8:22:03 PM
well I own a samsung 40''inch led smart TV and the xbox one and love it so I would get it IMO.
---
Gamer4life XBL: DIVINE S0UL / PSN: darkarmy27
#6EnclavePosted 3/15/2014 7:01:41 AM
TreGooda posted...

They kinda do actually. If you have a smart TV then the multimedia functions of both the PS4 and Xbone are largely redundant (depending on the specific features of your TV of course). So yeah, at that point it becomes all about what games you want, and that subject? Highly subjective, despite what idiot fanboys claim.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#7TreGoodaPosted 3/15/2014 7:03:05 AM
Enclave posted...
TreGooda posted...

They kinda do actually. If you have a smart TV then the multimedia functions of both the PS4 and Xbone are largely redundant (depending on the specific features of your TV of course). So yeah, at that point it becomes all about what games you want, and that subject? Highly subjective, despite what idiot fanboys claim.

I have a smart tv. The Kinect enhances the experience. I agree the PS4 doesn't add anything to the mix and the other multimedia functions on XBOX would be redundant if it wasn't for voice commands.

The voice commands really are incredible.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#8ShadowNinja87(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 7:20:04 AM
See a have a samsung smart TV that has voice commands, and motion gestures and media apps like Neflix, YouTube etc that the X1 has. So Kintect would be pretty pointless for me. The games is what would sell me on the X1 and currently only halo, gears, and maybe Titanfall interest me.
#9EnclavePosted 3/15/2014 8:28:20 AM(edited)
TreGooda posted...
Enclave posted...
TreGooda posted...

I have a smart tv. The Kinect enhances the experience. I agree the PS4 doesn't add anything to the mix and the other multimedia functions on XBOX would be redundant if it wasn't for voice commands.

The voice commands really are incredible.

Except there are smart TVs that both have voice commands comparable to the Kinects and also motion controls. Not all smart TVs are created equal TreGooda. When I say that they render both systems multimedia functions redundant I mean it.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/15/2014 8:37:13 AM
Enclave posted...
Except there are smart TVs that both have voice commands comparable to the Kinects and also motion controls.
the tc's smart tv has voice commands and motion controls comparable to the kinect's? i think he just compared them "media wise."