X1 worth it if you already have a smart TV?

#11Laylow12Posted 3/15/2014 8:47:34 AM
Get the PS4 first if you're into playing games on your games console. It has more games, better mulitplats, better online service, higher rated games, runs games in 1080p etc..
They're in stock at several retailers as of late so availability should be no problem.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12EnclavePosted 3/15/2014 8:50:07 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
Enclave posted...
Except there are smart TVs that both have voice commands comparable to the Kinects and also motion controls.
the tc's smart tv has voice commands and motion controls comparable to the kinect's? i think he just compared them "media wise."

I have no idea what the exact capabilities of the TCs smart TV is. Doesn't change anything though. My smart TV can do voice commands, I don't use them though as it's still faster to use the remote. Stuff like voice commands and motion commands are for the most part just a gimmick that you'll use for a little while before giving it up to use the remote once again after the novelty wears off.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#13TannerCKGPosted 3/15/2014 10:52:30 AM
Well the smart TV will let you use apps your Xbox ONE wouldn't unless you pay another $60 a year
---
"Times are gone for honest men and sometimes far too long for snakes"
#14Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/15/2014 2:01:52 PM
Enclave posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
Enclave posted...
Except there are smart TVs that both have voice commands comparable to the Kinects and also motion controls.
the tc's smart tv has voice commands and motion controls comparable to the kinect's? i think he just compared them "media wise."

I have no idea what the exact capabilities of the TCs smart TV is. Doesn't change anything though. My smart TV can do voice commands, I don't use them though as it's still faster to use the remote. Stuff like voice commands and motion commands are for the most part just a gimmick that you'll use for a little while before giving it up to use the remote once again after the novelty wears off.
unless your tv is the same as the tc's tv, then that's not really informative. also, there is no smart tv or remote that can select/switch my xo apps and games, as fast as i can say it. that novelty will probably never wear off. being able to mute and unmute the audio receiver in only 3 syllables, rather than reaching for the remote probably won't ever get old either.
#15EnclavePosted 3/15/2014 2:45:03 PM
Lol, dude give it up. The multimedia capabilities of the system are just not worth much if you have a smart TV. Why do you not want him to decide based on games?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#16SpiritLink0Posted 3/15/2014 3:50:32 PM
I don't think you should base your purchase off of having a smart tv. Both consoles can do Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. I'm not sure about hooking your cable/satellite box up to it. Never tried it and probably never will. I love my Xbox One though.

The only multimedia thing about the Xbox One that can't be done on the PS4 that I like is the snapping ability. I snap Netflix all the time while I'm playing non-story driven games. I basically just listen to the ID crime shows since most of them are narrative driven anyways. Then watch it while the races load or whatever.
#17Garage_ManPosted 3/15/2014 6:33:31 PM
SpiritLink0 posted...
I don't think you should base your purchase off of having a smart tv. Both consoles can do Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. I'm not sure about hooking your cable/satellite box up to it. Never tried it and probably never will. I love my Xbox One though.

The only multimedia thing about the Xbox One that can't be done on the PS4 that I like is the snapping ability. I snap Netflix all the time while I'm playing non-story driven games. I basically just listen to the ID crime shows since most of them are narrative driven anyways. Then watch it while the races load or whatever.

I just don't get how people do this. When I play a game I shut off any distractions, chuck the phone in the room and tell people to leave me alone. I couldnt ever enjoy or get immersed in a game doing other things.

For productivity on the other hand...I have 3 4k monitors so you go figure. I love being able to have all my developement tools up, fb, and all my other windows. Games though I just focus on...then again games = movies to me.
#18SpiritLink0Posted 3/15/2014 8:17:35 PM
The same way people can listen to music while they're playing games. It's basically like an audiobook(The shows I'm referring to). We are all different. When I'm playing any story driven game I can't have any distractions at all because it's basically like a movie for me. However I have friends that party chat with me while playing those types of games. I don't understand it in the same reason you don't understand me listening to my shows while playing games. Specifically Forza 5, Need For Speed Rivals, and Peggle 2. Those are the only 3 that I own that I can personally do that with.
#19Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/15/2014 8:59:41 PM
TreGooda posted...
Smart TVs don't do what the X1 does. Get what you want.

My smart TV does voice and movement commands, it also does something the Xbox doesnt do, playback all video formats :D
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#20ShadowNinja87(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 9:08:17 PM
Yea my smart TV is a samsung and like I said before it has voice commands, motion gestures, and media apps like Netflix and YouTube. So the only selling point for me is the X1's games. Again for the most part the only exclusives that the X1 has that interest me is halo, gears, Titanfall, and killer instinct. Played Dead Risiing 3 at a friends house and wasn't impressed with it.

It's a tough decision but I am leaning towards ps4 only because the smart tv I have takes away from the X1's appeal. Maybe will get one when Halo 5 drops or a price cut. Thanks for the advice guys!