XBone + 360 headset?

#1Omegaforce725Posted 3/14/2014 6:13:53 AM
Hey all,

I am thinking of upgrading to Xbox One and since my old Turtle Beach headset for 360 is starting to not work correctly (the mic-in pin isn't working properly anymore) I was planning to also upgrade a Turtle Beach headset that can work for Xbone and 360 (I'm not getting rid of my 360 anytime soon).

However, a lot of the Xbone headsets that also work with 360 require that you use the Kinect for game chat on the One. In your experience, has this been less desirable or not as good as a headset? Would you recommend sticking with my semi-functional headset for 360 and getting another that has full functionality with the One, or getting a headset that works with both but can only chat using Kinect on the One?
---
I used to have a signature like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
#2StRealityPosted 3/14/2014 6:26:30 AM
Hey, I use Xp 400's, I have the optical cable connected to my tv so that any audio coming out goes through my headset. I then have my adapter connected to a 360 controller for 360 chat. That leaves as you said, the kinect mic for chat on the Xbox one. From past experiences, a couple people have moaned about how I'm using the kinect mic because it's not always clear or theres some form of background noise. Moreover, the mic doesn't always pick up my voice and so its not always clear whether people in the party are hearing what you're saying. In my experience though, its not too bad, I can but up with it and so can most other people.
---
Xbox One Pre-ordered!
''La Li Lu Le Lo''
#3Omegaforce725(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 6:56:48 AM
Thanks. Yeah thats the main thing I'm debating right now.

For example, I am torn between the PX4 or the XO Four. The PX4 has a lot going for it...it has wireless Dolby Surround Sound, works with PS3 and Xbox 360 (both of which I have, neither of which I am getting rid of soon), also works with the PS4 (which I will eventually buy sometime down the road). The audio works with XBone but the chat doesn't, so you are forced to use Kinect chat audio for game and party chat.

On the other hand, the XO Four only works with XBone, has full chat functionality with XBone, but doesn't work with 360 or any other console. Given these facts, which would you say is the better purchase? If the Kinect chat is truly bad, it could be an issue. But the XO Four is giving up Dolby surround and the ability to work with more than one console.
---
#4DamnEvilDogPosted 3/14/2014 6:57:06 AM
well you could do what I did and just get a headset that works for the Xbox 360 and get the "Stereo chat adapter" so you can use it on the Xbox One as well.

My old TB was starting to go bad so I got my self the PX ZZ, LOVE them so far :3
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog
#5StRealityPosted 3/14/2014 1:06:23 PM
I'd say probably best getting the PX4's, just for the flexibility, it really depends which console you have the most friends on/use chat the most on. Sorry I couldn't be more help : )
---
Xbox One Pre-ordered!
''La Li Lu Le Lo''
#6Omegaforce725(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 4:44:59 AM
So if I got the PX4's, which are Xbox 360 compatible, I could get the stereo headset adapter and it would work just fine on the XBone?
---
#7XhaultPosted 3/16/2014 1:29:49 PM
Bump id like to know as well