Is no one but me the least bit happy with the kinect?

#31loafy013Posted 3/15/2014 2:54:13 AM
Do people not feel silly talking to a machine? Maybe because I tend to be silent by nature, but talking to an inanimate object is a lot less appealing than just using a remote.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#32Millertime660Posted 3/15/2014 3:11:30 AM
loafy013 posted...
Do people not feel silly talking to a machine? Maybe because I tend to be silent by nature, but talking to an inanimate object is a lot less appealing than just using a remote.

I totally did at first haha. But to me, the pros outweigh the cons and I am used to it now.
#33Tyronelio1Posted 3/15/2014 3:13:07 AM
loafy013 posted...

Watch HER.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#34Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/16/2014 12:25:44 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
Viet0ne posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
The Power of a Properly Calibrated Kinect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRqDYaFcvBQ&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-C8G6uXYBM&feature=youtu.be

Except the fact that only a small percentage of owners will ever have an environment where there is hardly any background noise to interfere. Not to mention, any variation in accent affects recognition so people on the west coast and east coast will have different experiences.

So for the 1 in 10 people it works almost all the time, the other 9 out of 10 get getting a worse experience no matter what they do.

Even then, there are thousands of instances where the kinect is recognizing non-people as people. Calibration or not, that is unacceptable.

Does your ass hurt cause pulling out those stats had to hurt
and, another follow-up video on properly calibrating: youtube.com/watch?v=FeLUcamiK0I
#35HorridhalPosted 3/16/2014 12:28:01 PM
My kinect remains in the box.

I use a controller thank you very much.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#36MrMFloydPosted 3/16/2014 12:56:30 PM
I love it. Felt odd speaking to it at first but now it's second nature.

DR3, as mentioned, utilises it very well. Did my first broadcast on Twitch this morning and had a peak of 5 viewers!! Also Skype my Mum a lot as she lives hours away and it's nice to see each other rather than just talk over the phone.

But, even with all that... the best use by far is Xbox Fitness. My missus comes down in the morning, says "xbox on" (which turns on the tv & console), it then signs her in automatically, she says "xbox goto xbox fitness" which loads the app, after selecting what she wants to do with just a wave of her hand she jumps straight into an Insanity workout.

At the end she utters a simple "xbox turn off" and it's off for a cup of tea and a shower. Awesome
---
XBL : Mat Floyd
#37HorridhalPosted 3/16/2014 1:00:49 PM
MrMFloyd posted...
I love it. Felt odd speaking to it at first but now it's second nature.

DR3, as mentioned, utilises it very well. Did my first broadcast on Twitch this morning and had a peak of 5 viewers!! Also Skype my Mum a lot as she lives hours away and it's nice to see each other rather than just talk over the phone.

But, even with all that... the best use by far is Xbox Fitness. My missus comes down in the morning, says "xbox on" (which turns on the tv & console), it then signs her in automatically, she says "xbox goto xbox fitness" which loads the app, after selecting what she wants to do with just a wave of her hand she jumps straight into an Insanity workout.

At the end she utters a simple "xbox turn off" and it's off for a cup of tea and a shower. Awesome

She'd lose more if she turned it on and off physically.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#38MrMFloydPosted 3/16/2014 1:28:46 PM
Horridhal posted...
She'd lose more if she turned it on and off physically.

D- Must try harder

For a petite woman her age she burns 350 - 400 calories per 45min workout.
---
XBL : Mat Floyd