How long do you think Titanfall will thrive as an online gaming community?

#1carljenkPosted 3/14/2014 9:56:16 AM
Just wondering if people will still be playing it after Titanfall 2 is released or if they think that it will pretty much replace the original Titanfall?

Or will Destiny replace it before that?

What is your opinion and how long do YOU think you will play it for?
#2MJFJDPosted 3/14/2014 9:57:50 AM
I will probably play it quite a bit until this fall when more games that I am interested in come out. I highly doubt it will have a robust community after the inevitable sequel comes out but that is probably 2 years away.
#3MrImpatient35Posted 3/14/2014 9:58:06 AM
I think people will stop playing when Destiny releases. I know I will. DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
FML
#4lunaticcorePosted 3/14/2014 9:59:31 AM
I plan to pretty much max everything out. So however long that takes. Except for the one really luck based achievement.
#5assassin10133Posted 3/14/2014 10:04:38 AM
I prefer if over COD MP so anytime I feel like just kicking back and having some fun in a more casual online game I'll play it. Could see it going pretty strong for quite a while but most online games trail off when the sequel is released unless the sequel is utter garbage or the original is gold.
#6kennyynnooPosted 3/14/2014 10:06:48 AM
A year after the last dlc comes out.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#7CKnightPosted 3/14/2014 10:08:53 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I think people will stop playing when Destiny releases. I know I will. DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the numbers will dip when Destiny hits but it'll still have a strong community. Shadowrun had a community for 5 years.

Also Destiny isn't a MP shooter, its more MMO and being published by Activision will probly have microtransactions and paid DLC like crazy.
---
"No...you live with it." - Fumbles
#8carljenk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 10:12:42 AM
CKnight posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

I think the numbers will dip when Destiny hits but it'll still have a strong community. Shadowrun had a community for 5 years.

Also Destiny isn't a MP shooter, its more MMO and being published by Activision will probly have microtransactions and paid DLC like crazy.

Really? I won't be supporting that game if they start selling power. I'm okay with with microtransactions for aesthetics but I will never play a pay to win game.
#9MastaMugenPosted 3/14/2014 11:32:22 AM
A community like halo 2's. this game has a lot of room for different skills. Over time, people will master the ins and outs and it won't be a game for casuals. It's lasting appeal will be based on If the game stays balanced or not.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#10MonicasBackPosted 3/14/2014 11:51:14 AM
until next year when TF2 is released
---
Monicaaa