Help with Kinect please.Is my Kinect supposed to be shutting down all the time?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Help with Kinect please.Is my Kinect supposed to be shutting down all the time?
2 years ago#1
Bought the Titanfall bundle tuesday and had no problem with the Kinect.Had the system on all day yesterday and today.Now every time i look up the light on the Kinect is off and when i go to settings and Kinect i get the message that there is a problem with Kinect and to hold the power button on the console for a few seconds to turn it completely off,then back on.I did that earlier and it came on with no problem but a few mins ago i looked up and saw the light off again and went to settings and i am getting the same message again.

I don't really use the Kinect but i don't want a broken system/Kinect sensor either.

Does it sound like its something with me and what i am doing or not doing or does it sound like i have a defective something or other?
2 years ago#2
Call Microsoft support. The Kinect is probably bad. It happened to me a few weeks after launch, the Kinect just started showing that it was not plugged in even though it was. MS replaced it.
2 years ago#3
Did what i described happen to you?

I just powered my system down by holding the power button for a few seconds like it told me to and when it came back on my Kinect sensor was powered back up again and working but i did that earlier and it the problem came back.

If i do need a replacement from MS how does that process work?They send me a coffin for it so i can send it to them like back in the day with RROD 360s?

Edit:And its back off again with the same error message in the Kinect settings screen.....dammit.
2 years ago#4
Mine completely died but it sounds like yours is on the way there too. If you give them a credit card number, they'll put a hold on 150 bucks and send you an advance replacement and not charge you anything as long as they receive the busted one back in like two weeks.
2 years ago#5
Thank you for sharing the info.

I am in no hurry,can i get an exchange through MS without needing a CC at all?If they want to charge me or something should i try returning the whole system at Gamestop?
2 years ago#6
If you don't want to give a credit card then you have to send the bad one back first, then they'll send a replacement. You have to cover the shipping that way though.
2 years ago#7
Not too sure i didn't throw something out of whack earlier by changing a setting.It worked fine until i changed the setting to use Kinect as a mic for game chat off.

After the last time i went to the website and although it was a fix for the X1 not recognizing the Kinect and not exactly it doing what mine was i tried what it said by unplugging everything for a few and replugging it.Since it has been fine and its been on for a while now.

Fingers crossed.I don't want to pay shipping on something that should be working right already so if it does it again i will call the 1-800 number and see what they say.If they say i have to pay anything i will try returning the whole thing to Gamestop for another.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Help with Kinect please.Is my Kinect supposed to be shutting down all the time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived