Now that PS4 is $450 in Canada, the Titanfall bundle is price parity.

#1teh1337gosuPosted 3/14/2014 6:34:40 PM
I was waiting for a ps4, big mistake. I've considered getting the titanfall bundle, but ultimately a gaming PC is even MORE attractive for Canadians. Steam doesn't even use Canadian currency, and PC parts are about what they should be.

I just find the whole xbone = $100 more argument moot in Canada. There will likely be an xbone price drop soon anyway, and I don't see ms following Sony with the price increase xonsdiering ps4 is rare as hell here and xbone isn't, and isn't selling great in general.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#2Enigma149Posted 3/14/2014 6:36:05 PM
A system actually went up in price? WTH is Sony thinking?
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#3Kovalchuk_Posted 3/14/2014 6:36:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4elchris79Posted 3/14/2014 6:38:31 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
I was waiting for a ps4, big mistake. I've considered getting the titanfall bundle, but ultimately a gaming PC is even MORE attractive for Canadians. Steam doesn't even use Canadian currency, and PC parts are about what they should be.

I just find the whole xbone = $100 more argument moot in Canada. There will likely be an xbone price drop soon anyway, and I don't see ms following Sony with the price increase xonsdiering ps4 is rare as hell here and xbone isn't, and isn't selling great in general.

Why were you waiting for this? That's just a bit weird.
#5teh1337gosu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 6:41:19 PM
elchris79 posted...
teh1337gosu posted...

Why were you waiting for this? That's just a bit weird.

Waiting to restock, camda and amazon.cahad been out since launch.

There was trickling restock in retailers but barely.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#6ManInGorillaSutPosted 3/14/2014 6:45:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7CourtofOwlsPosted 3/15/2014 1:35:04 PM
the first party games are going up to $70 too,with up to 15% tax (province pending)
http://kotaku.com/the-playstation-4-is-now-50-more-expensive-in-canada-1544585336

so further advantage xbo and pc...especially pc
trying to speed up their bankruptcy i guess
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!
#8DarkAdonis123Posted 3/15/2014 1:51:05 PM
Enigma149 posted...
A system actually went up in price? WTH is Sony thinking?

This. Selling 6 million in 4 months has clearly given them the big head. This won't last I bet. When sales in Canada slow to a crawl, I promise you they'll go back to the $399 price.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#9motoraptorPosted 3/15/2014 1:53:01 PM
I live in Canada, and one of my friends who missed the opportunity to grab a PS4 while they were available is furious at the news.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#10Nero25Posted 3/15/2014 1:55:07 PM
its because of the the Canadian dollar has dropped to about 10% below the USD. So Sony was losing 40 dollars with every ps4 sold. No word if microsoft will also increase prices
---
Fc 2509 1593 8638
IGN: Jose