It is evident that these consoles were released early?

#1garcia_jxPosted 3/14/2014 11:59:55 PM
I am just going based on many games being pushed back until next year. This gives me the impression that the consoles should have came out this holiday season, followed by the great releases next year.
#2Millertime660Posted 3/15/2014 12:02:27 AM
You could say that. Although I am happy they didnt. I am thouroughly enjoying my system right now.
#3garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 12:05:51 AM
^^ me to , though I do wish some big games were out for both consoles. Infamous is OK and Titanfall is awesome, but the novelty won't last long, because it's lacking content. I guess I have to wait for The Show to truly appreciate the ps4.
#4uniquebadgerPosted 3/15/2014 12:08:41 AM
Part of the problem is last gen is still heavily supported. Look at all the multi-plats that are on the old consoles and as well as the new. Until this gen see true exclusives to the ps4 or one we are gonna see a lackluster game selection, which in turn does not give people incentive to upgrade consoles.
#5aheroafakePosted 3/15/2014 12:10:20 AM
garcia_jx posted...
^^ me to , though I do wish some big games were out for both consoles. Infamous is OK and Titanfall is awesome, but the novelty won't last long, because it's lacking content. I guess I have to wait for The Show to truly appreciate the ps4.

This is what new game console launches are usually like.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#6DarkAdonis123Posted 3/15/2014 3:14:14 AM
All three were released needing day 1 patches and not including everything that was promised at launch. They all should've came out a year later than they did instead of rushing half assed and underpowered hardware to the market.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#7NeoMonkPosted 3/15/2014 3:32:57 AM
It's almost like they simply released to out do eachother but in the end they ended up turning off a huge portion of the gaming community. Sure some of the early adopters are happy but they're outnumbered by people who have no intention of getting either console right now.
---
Do you like Fantasy Baseball? Then join my league over at yahoo! MLB 14 The Show - ID# 128367
#8CaIiber345Posted 3/15/2014 3:42:27 AM
Can you imagine the potential launch title lineup for a Holiday 2014 console release? Just to name a few for both consoles, exclusives and multiplats.

Titanfall
Forza 5
Ryse: Son of Rome
Dead Rising 3
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Lego Marvel Superheroes
NBA 2K15
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Watch_Dogs
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Strider
Batman: Arkham Knight
Destiny
inFAMOUS: Second Son
Knack
Killzone: Shadowfall
Resogun
Mercenary Kings
Warframe
Don't Starve: Console Edition
Towerfall Ascension
---
twitch.tv/caliber345
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Destiny
#9daniel79Posted 3/15/2014 3:48:27 AM
NeoMonk posted...
It's almost like they simply released to out do eachother but in the end they ended up turning off a huge portion of the gaming community. Sure some of the early adopters are happy but they're outnumbered by people who have no intention of getting either console right now.

Which is sadly the case. I sold my Playstation 4 two weeks after getting it. I didn't buy an Xbox One as the price was too high at the time and there isn't anything on either console I really want at the moment. All the games I pre ordered were put back so I just didn't bother.

Dead Rising 3 looks great but wasn't worth 430 at the time and on the PS4 I had Assassins creed IV and Need for speed... It wasn't worth hanging on to and to be honest both consoles still don't have a great line up.

With great games still coming out for past gen, what's the point?

I still game on both old consoles. I just bought EDF 2025 for the 360 and Dark souls 2 for the ps3, plus you've got all the PS+ games and most people selling their 360 and ps3 games for dirt cheap, now is the best time to go past gen if you ask me.

With that lot, you could game for years..

I will pick up both but there is zero point as of now.
#10avigeant83Posted 3/15/2014 4:49:21 AM
Every console launch suffers from the same issues. This is nothing new.