It is evident that these consoles were released early?

#11avigeant83Posted 3/15/2014 4:52:40 AM
If you had 20 great games to come out at launch then those games will suffer with sales. A lot of companies strategically place their release dates to maximize sales. Games usually don't come out in abundance til a year after the console is released when there is a larger install base.
#12dnmtPosted 3/15/2014 4:54:28 AM
avigeant83 posted...
Every console launch suffers from the same issues. This is nothing new.

You'd expect the new consoles to at least have the same number of features as their predecessors, though. The Xbone and PS4 are both severely lacking in that respect.
#13garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 7:23:56 AM
daniel79 posted...
NeoMonk posted...
It's almost like they simply released to out do eachother but in the end they ended up turning off a huge portion of the gaming community. Sure some of the early adopters are happy but they're outnumbered by people who have no intention of getting either console right now.

Which is sadly the case. I sold my Playstation 4 two weeks after getting it. I didn't buy an Xbox One as the price was too high at the time and there isn't anything on either console I really want at the moment. All the games I pre ordered were put back so I just didn't bother.

Dead Rising 3 looks great but wasn't worth 430 at the time and on the PS4 I had Assassins creed IV and Need for speed... It wasn't worth hanging on to and to be honest both consoles still don't have a great line up.

With great games still coming out for past gen, what's the point?

I still game on both old consoles. I just bought EDF 2025 for the 360 and Dark souls 2 for the ps3, plus you've got all the PS+ games and most people selling their 360 and ps3 games for dirt cheap, now is the best time to go past gen if you ask me.

With that lot, you could game for years..

I will pick up both but there is zero point as of now.

I have a feeling that Destiny is another game that will be pushed back.
#14garainePosted 3/16/2014 1:03:26 PM
dnmt posted...
avigeant83 posted...
Every console launch suffers from the same issues. This is nothing new.

You'd expect the new consoles to at least have the same number of features as their predecessors, though. The Xbone and PS4 are both severely lacking in that respect.

although I somewhat agree I don't buy new hardware expecting it to work the same as old hardware. I think both companies were planning new and different things all that went up in smoke when they found out that everyone just wants an Xbox 360 2 or a playstation 3.5. now they are playing catch up to satisfy all these ppl that are stuck in the past. Gamers want new and innovative but don't wanna let go of the old stuff. that's why I kept my old console to have it's functionality that I've grown to like and allow the the new console to cut it's own path.